NES Games

25 posts in this topic

Posted

No, since they're not in production anymore, you're not damaging sales.

Posted

no-one's saying it's not brilliant, just be careful of the nintendo police :hiding:

although I'm not sure how many people have actually been sued or anything. Some ROM suppliers have been sued, but I don't think anyone has from downloading them.

also, what happened to zelda 1 on your list? I know you've played it, but if you were going through all of them, you could've put it on. I mean, you put zelda 2 on...

I bet it's in the L or T sections, like DorkLink said. While I was reading what you said, I was wondering that as well.

Posted

No, since they're not in production anymore, you're not damaging sales.

Also, buying/selling second hand games damages sales and that's in no way illegal.

Although roms ARE actually illegal unless you've created the ROM YOURSELF from your cartridge. Which isn't normally he case, but as I pointed out, it's only distributers who have been sued.

Posted

Also, buying/selling second hand games damages sales and that's in no way illegal.

Yes, but that is affecting the sales of game stores, not game companies yus?

Posted

They work hand-in-hand don't they? The game company produces, sends to the game store, they distribute/sell, and they give back a percentage of the sales of the games to the producers. You can't really hurt one without hurting both I don't think...

Posted

I think we may have to wait till he actually reaches the "L"'s or "T"'s... is it Legend of Zelda, or THE Legend of Zelda? :(

Maybe, but some emulator sites I've been on file it under Z.

It really annoyed me, because I was looking in T and L for ages.

I never downloaded it though. I was just looking.

I downloaded a N64 emulator for PSP though. I'll probably never use it though...

Posted

It's amazing how many things you can do with a PSP... I'm tempted to buy one and load it up with a bunch of PSX games I never got to play (Dragon Quest 7, Valkyrie Profile to name a few)

Now that I know N64 can go on it too, I want to re-attempt Castlevania 64... I heard there's another one of those for 64 too but I can't remember the name at this point :(

Posted

I'm not sure if the emulator works though so beware.

I really want to play Spyro the Dragon again. I loved it, but it was only at my friend's house that I played it. So I never got to play it start to finish.

Speaking of NES games, I think this is from the SNES Kirby, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Posted (edited)

It's all good. I used

Project64

and it runs Majora's Mask with no problems. I get the very rare hiccup in the game at the odd time, but so far it runs nicely :)

Gonna test out Goldeneye with a mouse plugin when I get home tonight :D :D :D

**Edit: What would happen if Kirby would've inhaled Snoop Dogg? Would he get really, really high? :huh:

Edited by DorkLink (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah. My friend uses that emulator too. I don't. But he has Majora's Mask as well. it seems pretty cool. I would only get emulators for GBA and stuff like that... For Pokemon... He he.

How pathetic am I?