Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hylian Translation, need help

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I noticed something while playing through OoT again; the guy that sells Magic Beans has a tattoo on his left arm and it appears to be of Hylian Text. I could be wrong though

If the image is wayyy too damn big, I'm sorry. This picture was taken with my digital camera, and I'm a horrible photographer :(

beantattoo.jpg

**EDIT: LOL Heyyyy that didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would :)

Edited by DorkLink (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah, that's most definitely Hylian text.

Also, an awesome thing I found once, LonLon Milk crates you push to get into Hyrule Castle have Hylian text that most definitely translates into "Lon-Lon".

It's pretty sweet.

I wish I could read and understand Hylian, but either way, if it is the genuine mix of languages that Hylian is, then it's probably not going to be very understandable.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I thought it was the ratio of 1:10, meaning one magic bean for ten rupees (at least for the first one). It could also be the time that Dampe's grave-digging tour starts (I think it started at 1:01, but I can't be sure).

Posted

If I could just find some place on the net that has some form of Hylian text-to-English translation; there's gotta be one somewhere cuz I'm sure there's been people that want to know what Jabun/Valoo say in WW when they speak Hylian, but didn't want to play through the game a second time just to read it. Once I find that, I can finally unlock this mystery of mine :P

Knuckle: Y'know, I never saw it that way before... maybe it IS a time after-all, but I doubt it's when Dampe does the grave-digging tour. If I remember right, if you use the Sun Song in the graveyard, it goes to night (midnight I think) and by that point Dampe's gone to bed in his shack. I don't know if he's still in there by 1:00 or if his tour only runs from dusk till midnight (the latter I can't remember too well)... so I'm not too sure with you on that one :(

Posted

Do tell if you figure it out. I've always wondered about this too.

Posted

I've looked in a lot of places on the net, and there doesn't seem to be any real good translation that I've been able to find to help me solve this mystery...

The furthest I got with this is something like "Yo : Hi Yo" but that can't be anything of too much importance, I tried to see if I can translate that from Japanese to English, but nothing came up. I guess this hylian text tattoo (if that's what it REALLY is) will forever remain a mystery :(

Posted (edited)

Did a quick search, the colon doesn't seem to mean anything.

Edited by Aethix (see edit history)

Posted

I've looked in a lot of places on the net, and there doesn't seem to be any real good translation that I've been able to find to help me solve this mystery...

The furthest I got with this is something like "Yo : Hi Yo" but that can't be anything of too much importance, I tried to see if I can translate that from Japanese to English, but nothing came up. I guess this hylian text tattoo (if that's what it REALLY is) will forever remain a mystery :(

If that was O Hi Yo it would mean good-morning in Japanese. Maybe the magic bean guy is just a really friendly dude!

Posted

lol finally, a resolution to the tattoo mystery... not 100% sure, but it's the best thing we've got to go on so far :P

Posted

I thought it was the ratio of 1:10, meaning one magic bean for ten rupees (at least for the first one). It could also be the time that Dampe's grave-digging tour starts (I think it started at 1:01, but I can't be sure).

I think this is the best idea.

I have no idea about Hylian text. It's just silly to go around translating things like that.

Posted

I think this is the best idea.

I have no idea about Hylian text. It's just silly to go around translating things like that.

Tell that to people who speak Klingon. :unsure:

Posted (edited)

i was searching the web trying to translate in old hylian and modern hylian,

but then my moms boyfriend came over and suggested it looked like this:

1:01 O'clock

lol....

Edited by Rokai (see edit history)