Was it a Stalfos?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Was the thing that taught link the secret abilities in TP a stalfos or what? Im aggrivated bc you know he is a soldier who is more than likely dead and has been dead for a long time...so what is he?

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20061103051519836.jpg

Who is this; I am an ignorant fool ^^^

Posted (edited)

I believe it's called the Hero's Shade. This is what I found on a Zelda Website.

The Hero’s Shade is a mighty warrior characters that teaches hidden skills to Link. He resembles the old hero, presumably Link from Ocarina of Time. The hero appears to have some distant relationship with Link, often referring to him as his child. He often says our, to refer to both himself and Link. Link encounters the Hero’s Shade in a mysterious foggy area where he is taught the hidden skills.

Wolf Link first finds a howling stone and howls the tune back at the stone. From there a golden wolf appears on the map and Link meets a golden wolf at this location. Walking near the golden wolf will summon the hero’s shade.

That enough for you? I could try to find more...

Edit: And note that in the Gamecube version of the game the Hero's Shade is left handed, like link from previous games. Coincidence? Probably.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Technically, since he's a reanimated skeleton, he is a Stalfos.

However, he is called the Hero's Shade, and it a friendly monster, much like the Moblin in LoZ.

I don't really believe he is a past Link. I believe that the spirit of Link is constant, for the most part.

Link also has a very different dress sense.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I don't deny it's a Stalfos, but I still think that it's Link. Maybe.

Posted

RANDOM IDEA BEING THROWN OUT!!!!

Maybe it's like a mirror image of Link. In wolf form, one's white with red eyes, the other's black with blue eyes. One's living, ones not. One's got freakin heavy armor, the other has just about no armor.

...Yeah, that was a really stupid idea. XD

Posted

And I bet it's true.

Posted

I think that he's a past Link. The developers hinted a few times that a past Link may be appearing in TP.

Posted

I havne't got any references pictures, but are there any similarities between the hero's shade's armour and the magic armour in TP?

Posted (edited)

They did?

I wonder if the past link will appear in the next Legend of Zelda. Or if it will be a sequel to TP.

I think that the Link of TP is my favorite. he's the biggest Legend.

The original Link did more, but we don't know that yet. TP Link could turn out to be the greatest legend of them all.

Edit: The magic armour... That sounds pretty reasonable actually. I'll find some pictures.

Heroshade.jpg150px-Magicarmour.png

Looks pretty similar actually. It's hard to tell with the rubbish Hero's Shade picture. But the Hero's Shade's shield isn't the Hylian one. So... It might not be him. It could be one of his ancestors from a game yet to be released? Who knows?

Edit: Cool! It's transparent. Nice one.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

This should clear things up. In the following video read what Hero's shade has to say at the 2:13 mark. and in case you don't want to watch it, here is what he says:

"Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased my regrets."

and besides, how would this thing know all of links old moves unless he was link?

Posted

They did?

I wonder if the past link will appear in the next Legend of Zelda. Or if it will be a sequel to TP.

I think that the Link of TP is my favorite. he's the biggest Legend.

The original Link did more, but we don't know that yet. TP Link could turn out to be the greatest legend of them all.

Edit: The magic armour... That sounds pretty reasonable actually. I'll find some pictures.

Heroshade.jpg150px-Magicarmour.png

Looks pretty similar actually. It's hard to tell with the rubbish Hero's Shade picture. But the Hero's Shade's shield isn't the Hylian one. So... It might not be him. It could be one of his ancestors from a game yet to be released? Who knows?

Edit: Cool! It's transparent. Nice one.

The helmet and round shield look Ikanan.

Posted

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Ikana is in Termina yeah?

I remember reading somewhere that it was some kind of a parallel universe or something. Could he be a parallel Link? Probably not.

Wait. If the split timeline theory is correct, then would Termina exist in Hyrul B? You know? The one with Wind Waker. Surely the moon would have hit it?

No wait... Did the Skull Kid use the Ocarina to bring the moon to the ground or the Mask?

Maybe the moon caused the flooding Hyrule for Wind Waker. I don't recall ever seeing the moon in Wind Waker. It's just one of things you don't notice. So it's probably there, but...

Yeah.

You get my rubbish theory of a ramble.

Posted

"and now house the spirit of the true hero"

I don't think there can be multiple things referred to as the, right? Another reason I believe Link's spirit is constant, save for the splitting of the timeline. The spirit can exist on either side of the timeline, but two may never exist on the same plane.

Also, there have been Hylian heroes that are not Link. Such as the hatless hero of MC in the intro.

Not only that, but the several Gray Blade brothers knew moves that "only Link" is supposedly supposed to know.

I mean, I know how to "Spin Attack" with my replica Master Sword. Doesn't necessarily make me Link.

Sahaqiel

Posted

It could be twilight Link...

Maybe the next game will be a huge plot twist?

Link Turns evil. He is Dark Link, as is Hero's Shade, and Hero's Shade is training him for evil!

You remember Link's face while talking to the light spirit near Lake Hylia?

He's evil!

Nah. That's ridiculous. But who knows? Maybe that's what Nintendo is trying to do. It could be leading to the end of the series.

It has to end sometime. And at that time, we will know what's going on. Can't wait.

Posted

Ikana is in Termina yeah?

I remember reading somewhere that it was some kind of a parallel universe or something. Could he be a parallel Link? Probably not.

Maybe the moon caused the flooding Hyrule for Wind Waker. I don't recall ever seeing the moon in Wind Waker. It's just one of things you don't notice. So it's probably there, but...

Yes, Ikana is in Termina.

That could explain what the Stalfos is.

The moon doesn't crush in the good ending of the game, where you defeat the Skull Kid before it gets to Termina.