Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wii Controller

66 posts in this topic

Posted

I've heard you can use the Wii controller as the sword in TP. I think that could get tiring, destructive and hard. But still, it could get fun. What do you think?

Posted

After what I saw at the Nintendo Conference, I am glad to say that I will find using the Wii controller to control the sword, bow and arrow, and other things.

Posted

It will definitely get tiring!

Posted

Bow and Arrow? I can imagine a sword, all you need to do is swing the controler around. Nintendo must be full of geniuses if they can get you to fire an arrow using a remote as a bow.

Posted

The last I heard, most swinging will be done by the A button, but there will be times when you fight with the sword using the Wii itself. They said that they weren't going to use the Wii all the time for swinging as it would simply get too tiring.

Posted

It would be better if you actually had to pull back the remote to shoot the arrow. Depending on how far back you pulled it, it would go stronger or slower.

We'll see.

Posted

It would be better if you actually had to pull back the remote to shoot the arrow. Depending on how far back you pulled it, it would go stronger or slower.

We'll see.

Posted

My brother would try it, swing it to hard, loose his grip, the controller hits wall....SMASH!!!

And as for the bow, he would....I don't know, but he has a habit of breaking & ruining things.

Posted

as far as i can tell, arrows and boomerang are just point and shoot, although integrating the speaker on the controller as well (you hear the string draw taught on the controller etc.).

sword stuff is mostly buttons although certain swings activate shield bashes, parrys etc...

Also, i heard that, if u wanted to, u could go all out with the sword as well...

Posted

I"ve been told the control can be used for the sword by swinging it at the enemy.

This would get REAL tiring....

I hope they can have you de-activate or activate the motion sensing thing in the controller.

Hey, at least swinging a control like a maniac would be good exersize! :D:D

Posted

spin slash is a quick twizzle moving the nunchuck, a basic sword swipe is b, including initaiting combos (i think a is involved as well).

The finishing move in a quick stab down with the nunchuck (the really sweet thing where link jumps up and stabs the sword into the enemy lying on the ground) and you can sword bash enemies with a quick stab of the wii-mote.

That's what i know of the basic sowrd controls on twilight princess at the moment...

Posted

can i ask, how DO you know?

Posted

THree words:

E3 Gameplay footage

I dunno, does E3 count as one or two words?

o well, they explained it during the nintnedo pre-e3 press conference, one o my favourite quotes at the moment is from there:

"jeez you're the only person in america who's played this and you still can;t do it?"

Posted

actualy E3 are three words (electronic entertainmend expo) :P

and i guessed i missed that part... or just didn't looked good enougth at all the movies on the web...

Posted

dpeends how u say it people call is e3, which is short for it electronic entertainment expo, butwhen it's shortened it's just the one word ;)