Understanding.

7 posts in this topic

Posted

INSPIRED AND/OR REQUESTED BY Ganondorf333

Note: This is totally based on events that took place in ancient Japan.

My dreams had lately been laden with awful experiences. Doubts. Fears. Paranoia. Could they be my nightly phantasms? Was it truly my mind these things were coming forth from? That can't be... but... what was it, then?

I'm a simple guy. I do my work with a true sense of proportion. I know how much time I have, in reality. Using this, I can adapt by changing my weaponry with impressive skill.

"Hey..."

Yet, what is this pain? Why is it I suffer so much for something that nobody-- not even I-- understand? Can I not fend it off?

You are intimidating.

Don't say such harsh things like that.

You are gigantic.

Why must your torment me so?

I once fell a tree in the forest, and a small animal fled in fright. What was it? Was it the tree that scared it? Or was it me?

"Hey... wake up!"

I met a girl in the village, once. Normally, everyone avoids me, but she was kinder than that... She had true sympathy... A frown that said more than, "You're pathetic."

You are detrimental to them. A burden.

Stop this! Why are you doing this? Why are you speaking on their behalf?

They view you as an enemy.

No they don't! Stop it! Have you no sympathy!?

Do I really look this repelling? Has my hard outer shell illusioned people into seeing me as bad?

I reached out in my sleep, trying to push the ghoul in my head farther back. Did nobody understand?

Their tolerance for you is a lie. Why else do you wake and sleep a lonely man?

That's not true!

Plus...

"You're crabby waking up!"

I was jolted awake. By what?

I was lying down on my back, in my simple home, but the girl from the village was looming over me; I had been trying to push her away in my sleep.

I looked at her with my eyes, thinking about why she might be here. Her eyes were as soft as the sky, and as wet as a rainy day.

"You were calling out in your sleep. I could hear it as I was walking past."

"Oh..."

We each stared at each other for awhile, and she seemed to see something in my eyes that nobody else did. She pointed to my torso, maintaining eye contact.

"You... you're weak here. You do have weak points, then." The heart that belonged to me continued to pump cold blood through my veins, but this sentiment might as well have imbued the power of the sun to it.

"Maybe...", I replied with a cautious glance.

"Why do you keep your shack unlocked?" Did I want to say it?

"Because... I'm gigantic... I can fend off whatever enters it." This was a bad excuse; she had entered, and probably could have killed me thrice, since it took persistence to wake me.

"No... You want someone to visit you at night, don't you?" Tears formed in my eyes. Did she really understand? I kept my silence, and she kept hers for awhile. She pressed her hand against my heart.

"You're so weak here... You've been damaged..."

"It's nothing! Really, you can go home now!"

"But it's not nothing!", she yelled, "It's massive! Don't try to ignore things like this!" Tears leaped from her cheeks onto my floor.

I bowed my head down, too ashamed to look at her. What was she doing here, anyway? A slim, pale young girl with black hair and piercing eyes, which seemed like wells of understanding...

A gigantic person like me being helped by someone so small and collected...

"Even if the world hates you, perceives you as a giant enemy, don't become indignant and negative about it!"

I absorbed those words. Perhaps this kind of scolding is what I really needed.

"Even if the last villager has abandoned you, even if no bird in the world will perch on your trees, you are still someone!"

Tears drained themselves from me without hesitation.

"Will you... will you be my friend?" The girl crossed her arms and nodded.

"I'll be your friend past death if need be," she spoke, arms crossed as she glanced sideways at one of my decaying walls. Nothing about this implied she wasn't being genuine.

My weak point was attacked that day.

Nothing seemed to be on scale with how massively this moved me. Not me. Not the world. Not anything.

Posted

Aw come on.

I'll give someone Rupees right now if they can tell me who the main character of this story is. >__>

Sahaqiel

Posted

I like it :)

is the "wake up"-monuloge from oot or WW?

Posted

Roflrofl. It's neither.

One day I was like, "I feel like making a short story."

And Ganny was like, "Write about a Giant Enemy Crab that nobody understands."

So I did.

I'm a simple guy. I do my work with a true sense of proportion. I know how much time I have, in reality. Using this skill, I can adapt by changing my weaponry with impressive skill.

You are gigantic.

They view you as an enemy.

Has my hard outer shell illusioned people into seeing me as bad?

"You're crabby waking up!"

"You... you're weak here. You do have weak points, then." The heart that belonged to me continued to pump cold blood through my veins,

"You're so weak here... You've been damaged..."

"Even if the world hates you, perceives you as a giant enemy, don't become indignant and negative about it!"

My weak point was attacked that day.

Nothing seemed to be on scale with how massively this moved me.

AND HERE WE HAVE THIS GIANT ENEMY CRAB.

ATTACK ITS WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.

REAL TIME WEAPON CHANGE!!

And the last line is a link to the Sony conference, roflrofl.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Sahaqiel, I love you. This needs to be extended into grounds for a novel.

Posted (edited)

I didn't realize the link at the end until just now. <_<

It's great, though. Lol...

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

That's great. I love it when an author takes a humorous subject and makes it seem emotional and serious.

Good job.

Edited by shadowknight (see edit history)