Stupid Pre-Algebra!

71 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay, I go to this dumb advanced math class where the teacher gives out tons of homework and expects us all to get A's. Anyway, that not the point the point is when ever you raise your hand she never calls on you and whenever you don't she does call on you. I came up with a strategie, whenever I dont know the answer I WILL raise my hand and whenever I do I will not raise my hand. Tell me if you like this or not. Thanks!

Edited by The youngest toon (see edit history)

Posted

I bet she'll be expecting it.

And I'm also guessing that you're the kind of person who is better at Maths than English? That's usually the case in Scotland. I'm in the 2nd set for Maths and the 4th set for English. Why are you assuming this? I hear you ask. Well, you spelled strategy wrong.

I'm so petty.

Posted

I bet she'll be expecting it.

And I'm also guessing that you're the kind of person who is better at Maths than English? That's usually the case in Scotland. I'm in the 2nd set for Maths and the 4th set for English. Why are you assuming this? I hear you ask. Well, you spelled strategy wrong.

I'm so petty.

Yeah I am better in math than English! LOL

Posted

Guessed that.

Oh well. You might as well try it, but if she does call on you, you'll look like a complete twat. I seriously wouldn't do it personally. It's a bit risky.

I say a bit...

Posted

I have regular Algebra. It's really hard, and I have some to do as I type, and I should do it now, but I hate it soooo much.

Posted

Is Algebra really a class? In Scotland it's just Maths.

Name every class you can get.

I will. I'll also put an * next to the classes I take.

Maths *

English *

French *

German

Craft & Design *

Art & Design

Technical

Modern Studies *

Geography

History

Chemistry

Physics *

Biology *

Computing *

Graphic Design

Home Economics

PE

RE

There might be more, but that's it.

Posted

I'm in Algebra I advanced and it's easy.

Posted

Hmmm. I'm not sure what I'd be in. I think we use a different word for algebra. What is algebra, just so I know what you're talking about.

Posted

It's meerf.

Posted (edited)

I checked Wikipedia. It's just maths really. I think we're doing uadratic equations or something.

You'll probably have done it already, seeing as you're good at maths.

You know, all this rubbish.

Quadratic_equation_coefficients.png

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Hmmm. I'm not sure what I'd be in. I think we use a different word for algebra. What is algebra, just so I know what you're talking about.

Pre-Algebra is pretty much dealing with variables in math.

Posted

Quadratic equations, yus.

And Algebra is like math in that you have equations, but Algebra makes you solve for variables instead, which in turn lets you solve for the equation.

2x = 4 + 6x

Subtract 6x

-4x = 4

Divide the -4 from both sides

x = -1

There we go.

AlsoTeto, in the US we say math, rofl. I can understand why you'd say maths for mathematics, though.

Also, a key point when not being called on is to never make eye contact.

Messes you up so bad.

I have similar problems. In French class, I somehow always get lulled to sleep. I can't even explain it. It's not really boring, but I just find myself nodding off. I mean, I have other more boring classes, but I can keep awake during those.

While nodding off, I can kind of predict when my teacher is going to call on my because she always looks in my directions, and the sudden volume increase in what she's talking about wakes me up so I can look for wtf we're doing.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah. That's easy enough. That's a pretty simple example.

My friend called it 'pipsy', as in easy. I've never let him forget that. ^-^ Neither have the two people that sit across from us. Hilarious.

I can't remember the name of another thing like that we did recently though... I'll go check my notes.

Sorry, I just posted a thing about factorising, but I noticed that I was looking in the wrong part of my notes.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

I'm suprised there is so much talk over my topic!!! (-: I thought it wouldve been empty!!!

Posted (edited)

I take Algebra II. It's really easy, but the teachers go out of their way to make it seem hard.

Everybody hates imaginary, even though it's just the square root of -1, and nobody understood piecewise functions.

The same thing goes for Chemistry. The teacher is smart, but she is a terible teacher. She didn't explain molecular weight, quantum numbers, or orbital notation. Most people failed those tests

I didn't, though, because I don't like not understanding.

Now that I'm done making fun of myself, I must say that I don't recommend going through with your plan. It probably isn't a good idea.

Edited by shadowknight (see edit history)