Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Preview

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Submitted by 'Nitzer' on April 19, 2006:

With news of the upcoming Nintendo Revolution and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess one might think that would be all Nintendo would be up too for awhile as they polish off those two products. Well, to think that way would pretty much to be wrong. Nintendo has since begun releasing information regarding information about another soon to be upcoming game, a game that is now getting almost, if not as much, hype from fans as Twilight Princess.

That game would be The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

------

Phantom Hourglass is ported on the hand held Nintendo DS. The trailer of the game**don't forget to check the trailer out in the media section of the site, you will be impressed** already shows that Phantom Hourglass definitely plans on taking advantage of several of the Nintendo DS' features. In the game at various times you will be able to use the stylus to draw trajectories, sketch out sailing patterns, and draw certain patterns on doors to have them open.

During one scene of the trailer the player uses the stylus to sketch out a sailing path while on the open sea. This particular feature can, and most likely, will be quite helpful...especially in sea battles in which you can then focus more on the actual fighter, rather than fighting and directing the sailing of the boat at the same time. Another scene of the trailer shows the player drawing a path on the screen with the stylus and then throwing the boomerang, which follows the path that was just drawn. This is quite a handy little trick. No more will we be subject getting fancy with the camera to get the boomerang to move around as we wish. Now we will just point and away it will go.

There is one feature, however; that deserves special mention, and that is being able to write yourself notes on the dungeon maps! Now for some of you this might not seem that great of an idea, but for some of us this is very nice. Why you ask? Well think back to all the times during an adventure through a new dungeon you would find and explore a new room to find that you do not yet need to go this way. So you make a mental note that when you are ready to do task X to come back here. Some arbitrary time later you now need to do task X but, alas; you have forgotten just where in this devious dungeon that you can do this. Yes folks, being able to write notes on the map does have its uses.

The graphics for Phantom Hourglass will certainly look familiar to those that have played The Wind Waker. Cel-shaded graphics are back and along with that is the whole general art style from The Wind Waker. So yes, this is a 3D Zelda game on a hand held system. Seeing those graphics at work on the Nintendo DS really brings a tear to my eye thinking how far video games have gone since the Gameboy.

While the game plays in a 3D world, the perspective is that of third-person**think of the old birds eye viewpoints in the old Zelda games and tilt that a little behind Link so as to be able to see more in front of Link rather than watching the top of his head**. Several of the usual weapons, such as the boomerang and bombs, have been confirmed to be in the game.

Needless to say The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is certainly looking to take the shape to be a great game. Fans will rejoice with happy Link smiles flirting across everyone's faces as we delve once more into the world of dreams and fantasy.

Posted

It has also been announced that Phantom Hourglass is the sequal to windwaker. And some of the story line is as follows: Link is searching for new lands i nhis boat when a storm appears. he gets thrown out of the boat and gets knocked out. he wakes up on the shore of some strange land to the sound of a fairy's voice. Link must now find a way back to the lands he once knew and uncover the secrets of the mysterios Phantom Hourglass.

Posted

Kewl. Now I just need a DS!!! If it is a WW sequel, I definitely must play it. T-T

Posted

i bet it's a time thing, he has to find the phantom hourglass and use it to stop/start time and win some sort of race, at the start he's in a race and you have to try and beat the leader but you don't and so your adventure begins when some random person tells you that there's a hourglass that can stop and start time, and at the end you go to the race and beat the guy at the front but when you do, ganon appears and you have to beat him in a time stasis before you can complete the race, but this might be a idea for a game....

Posted

I have no idea what you just said. <_<

Posted

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass demo- All 22 minutes and 3 seconds of it...

Posted

i know i watched it it looks so awsome lucky for me i already have a DS so i am going to get it right when it comes out.... :D

Posted

:blink: *Drools* :blink: Me Want!

Posted

i think he means its gonna be like majoras mask but instead of 3 days and using the ocarina, u will use the hourglass to rewind time.

Posted

i bet it's a time thing, he has to find the phantom hourglass and use it to stop/start time and win some sort of race, at the start he's in a race and you have to try and beat the leader but you don't and so your adventure begins when some random person tells you that there's a hourglass that can stop and start time, and at the end you go to the race and beat the guy at the front but when you do, ganon appears and you have to beat him in a time stasis before you can complete the race, but this might be a idea for a game....

It has also been confirmed that Ganon/dorf will not be in the game because he was killed in Wind Waker.

YOU can't get a sword out of your head while you're turned to stone, can you? Ganondorf may have been killed, but his influence is still spread across the Great Sea, so there are still monsters and enemies though.

Posted

they said twilight princess will be the last zelda game as we know it, phantom hourglass will come out after twilight princess, so i think that there'll probabbly be some new big enemy thing and maybe some new special artifact thingy (you know, like the trifroce bu different)

It's not nescessarily the hourglass either...

Posted

Since this game takes place right after WW, then there has to be a new enemy, since ganondorf is dead due to the Master Sword in his head...

Posted

yes, but it also means that there won't be the triforce, as that was used up in wind waker...

Posted

It was also used up in ALttP. But that didn't stop it from coming back, did it?

Posted

speaking of triforce... (maybe spoiler for someone that plays tp) Ganondorf's triforce of powers vanishes when he get stabbed in his chest . omg that sword he got stabbed with by the sages, he just pulled out cus he had triforce of power. Link uses master sword (yet again) and stabs him in chest where the sages did, and he gets a stone (yet again). Midna gets her normal form as the twilight princess.