Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

For a friend

28 posts in this topic

Posted

IF you got to heaven. I personally don't believe in heaven.

But anyway, as I said, I'd like to say that I would, but I probably wouldn't be able to react in time.

Posted

I'd take the bullet. I believe it was Jesus who once said, "No greater love has a man then to lay down his life for a friend."

Yeah, I think God would be pretty happy when I got to heaven.

Actually no, you shouldn't take a bullet for a friend to please God, that wouldn't please him, you should take the bullet out of love for your friend, that is what would please him.

But yes, I would if I could, however, the best solution is to avoid getting into that kind f situation, I spend a lot of time in "the most dangerous city in the U.S." and just by knowing what blocks to avoid and how to dfend myself has kept me safe. Then again, I am trained in small weapons self defense, and carry a knife at all times, and am getting my CLW next year.....but yeah, it's all about knowing where to avoid and how to handle stuff, pretecting your friends is much better than taking a bullet for them.

Posted (edited)

I didn't say I would do it to please God, just a bit of inferring.

My life is probably worth less than any of my friends, and it would be a great feeling to know that I saved a life.

And actually, valuing someone else's life above your own, would make God happy.

Edited by Koltem (see edit history)

Posted

Being emo doesn't make God happy.

Actually no, you shouldn't take a bullet for a friend to please God, that wouldn't please him, you should take the bullet out of love for your friend, that is what would please him.

YES. See how faith can corrupt your logic? :angry:

Even just thinking "Oh, well this is a wonderful bonus," is sort of wrong... It would be much better if you were never concerned with such things. That's how true character is tested.

I'd probably do it. Obviously I would do everything I could to avoid it first... I really don't even know. I think I'd have to be in the situation. It also really depends on the specifics of the situation.

Posted

Being emo doesn't make God happy.

YES. See how faith can corrupt your logic? :angry:

Even just thinking "Oh, well this is a wonderful bonus," is sort of wrong... It would be much better if you were never concerned with such things. That's how true character is tested.

I'd probably do it. Obviously I would do everything I could to avoid it first... I really don't even know. I think I'd have to be in the situation. It also really depends on the specifics of the situation.

Chameleon: Finding Ways to Oppose Koltem In Any Way Since 1789

Posted

Well I still say no. Just get on with your life, and find a new friend. :) Besides friendship is not worth death.

Posted

Chameleon: Finding Ways to Oppose Koltem In Any Way Since 1789

Goron Lord / Koltem: Paranoid Since 1788.

Posted

always carry a thick bottom saucepan, they do wonders for deflecting bullets...

Posted

Goron Lord / Koltem: Paranoid Since 1788.

Paranoid? Okay. I thought you would put retarded or something. I don't really understand paranoid, but, oh well.

Posted

My life is probably worth less than any of my friends, and it would be a great feeling to know that I saved a life.

The person might of shoot at your friend as well as yourself though, what if that happened? (that is a comment to Koltem as well as to the topic.)

Posted

Paranoid? Okay. I thought you would put retarded or something. I don't really understand paranoid, but, oh well.

HE'S OUT TO GET ME!

Posted

HE'S OUT TO GET ME!

Now who's paranoid?

Posted

Now who's paranoid?

Since you obviously didn't understand, this should explain:

multi_mockingbird.jpg