Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Skull Kid Theroy/Clock Town Theroy

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello there, people. I'm new here on Hyrule.net. I've seen the site before, and looked at the forums, but only as a guest. Now I've joined and this is my first post/theroy.

--------

Anyway, my theroy is about how the Skull Kid in Majora's Mask, came to be a Skull Kid. In The Ocarina of Time it is said that Skull Kid's are Kokiri that get lost in the lost woods and never find a way out. So, who is the Skull Kid in MM? Is he a Kokiri we know, or one we've never met. Well, here is my theroy.

I think that the Skull Kid in MM is Mido from OoT. He has the characteristics of Mido. He annoys Link, makes fun of him, and is a mischevious child. In OoT Mido is last seen in the Lost Woods, saying that he is sorry for mistreating Link. But I doubt Mido would say that to Link's face. Anyway, it isa possible that Mido never made it out of the Lost Woods and became a Skull Kid.

Now for the Clock Town theroy. Again, in OoT it states that skull kids are Kokiri children that get lost in the Lost Woods. So, wouldn't Clock Town have to be inside of The Lost Woods? But, how could there be a town in the middle of the woods? First of all, it's a possibility that a Skull Kud can find it's way out The Lost Woods and still remain a skull kid. But, if that's untrue, then where is Clock Town? Link goes through a cave at the beginning of MM. But the cave is not very long and you're only in it for a few seconds. So, perhaps Clock Town isn't real. Maybe the entire game is a dream of some sort that Link had. Most of the characters are similar, if not exactly the same, as those in OoT. So maybe he's simply dreaming about them. Even the skull kids harm him, like in Oot

Well, those are my therioes. I know they kind of contradict each other, because if there is no clock town, then it wouldn't matter who Skull Kid is.

These are my first therioes about TLOZ and they're not very good. So be as critical as you want, and I'll accept it kindly. Thank you.

Posted

Skull Kid can't be Mido--Mido would have recognized Link.

The generally accepted idea (it may be officially confirmed, I'm not sure) is that Termina is an alternate universe and the portal was in the woods.

Posted

The generally accepted idea (it may be officially confirmed, I'm not sure) is that Termina is an alternate universe and the portal was in the woods.

Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Posted

Skull Kid, at the end of Majora's Mask, sniffed Link and told him he smelled like the fairy boy who taught him a song in the woods.

This points to him being the same Skull Kid in OoT that you give a mask to. So he cannot be Mido, for they existed at the same time.

The Skull Kid in MM has also been around for an extremely large amount of time. Anju's Grandmother told Link Skull Kid's story, which would place his existence possibly before Link was even born.

Sahaqiel

Posted

but the majoras mask used him as a pupet who knows how long the mask was controlling him and maybe the mask was preventing the skull kid to rember

Posted

but the majoras mask used him as a pupet who knows how long the mask was controlling him and maybe the mask was preventing the skull kid to rember

Some fans believe that the skull kid in MM is the same as the skull kid in TP. In TP saria's song is playing when you are with the skull which is the song link taught the skull kid in OoT.

Posted

That is one old skull kid... He's more a skull adult. (That was bad. :()

Posted

My theory on the Skull Kid?

Yes,

He was a child in the lost woods in OoT.

I don't think Clock Town is in the lost woods, I do believe that Majora's mask was an add on to OoT.

Because it was.

Did anyone read the story at the beginning of WW? It tells the story perfectly.

Hero Shows up. Link.

Saves the day. Days.

Then in Majora's mask it says that he is searching for a long lost friend. Who? Saria? Navi?

No one should know.

Then while link was gone, Hyrule is flooded by Ganon.

Which WW becomes to life.

It goes on, PH after WW. The water drains and now it's ST.

Posted

My theory on the Skull Kid?

Yes,

He was a child in the lost woods in OoT.

I don't think Clock Town is in the lost woods, I do believe that Majora's mask was an add on to OoT.

Because it was.

Did anyone read the story at the beginning of WW? It tells the story perfectly.

Hero Shows up. Link.

Saves the day. Days.

Then in Majora's mask it says that he is searching for a long lost friend. Who? Saria? Navi?

No one should know.

Then while link was gone, Hyrule is flooded by Ganon.

Which WW becomes to life.

It goes on, PH after WW. The water drains and now it's ST.

What's generally accepted (and has even been mentioned by the Zelda higher-ups) is that the timeline splits at the end of OoT. When OoT ends, Zelda sends Link back in time to relive the childhood he lost when he drew the Master Sword from it's pedestal. So now there are two possible outcomes for Hyrule's history, commonly known as the Child Timeline (the Hyrule Zelda sends Link back to) and the Adult Timeline (The Hyrule Link leaves behind.)

Now, at the end of OoT, Navi is seen flying away in the Temple of Time as Link is leaving. Because of this, and the fairy sound at the beginning of MM, it's accepted that Link was looking for Navi, and that MM takes place in the Child Timeline. The events depicted in the beginning of WW are more or less a clear recap of OoT. Then, it's mentioned that when Ganondorf rises again, there is no Link to rescue Hyrule, because he returns to his childhood at the end of OoT. Because there is no one to stop Ganondorf, the gods have no choice but to put Hyrule in a bubble and flood the land so that Ganondorf cannot rule the land. This sets in motion the events of WW and then PH. Therefore, it is also accepted that WW takes place in the Adult Timeline

Now for Spirit Tracks, the water is not drained. At the end of WW, Link and Tetra go on to find a new land. Spirit Track's setting is the "New Hyrule" settled by Link and Tetra after they found the land that the Lokomos were protecting. The Lokomos passed leadership to the settlers as long as they promised to protect the land.

Now, on topic, it's nearly certain that MM's Skull Kid is the same Skull Kid that you teach a song to in OoT, because he recognizes Link at the end of MM. Whether he is the same skull kid that's in TP can't really be confirmed, but I suppose it could be.

/end nerd moment

Posted

Also, WW Ganondorf knows who Link is, and realizes that he resembles the hero that beat him long ago. If WW took place on the Child Timeline, then how does Ganondorf know who Link is? There would be no actual hero of time, only the legend. In the Adult Timeline, there is actually a hero of time, and Ganondorf remembers him.

...but there is no confirmed timeline, as of right now. Though the creators have definitely hinted at one.

Posted

Plus, Mido is NOT last seen in the Lost Woods. He is last seen at Lon Lon Ranch at the party with everyone, in the credits.