Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gaming Consoles

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Only Final Fantasy has managed to get away with that in my opinion.

Their cutscenes are klsdmfgklgfmkglmgdklmgmkldsfg.

Posted

Yeah... A bit over the top. When did they start making crazy cutscenes? I'm not sure, but wasn't Final Fantasy VIII the first one to have the opening with great graphics? I'm not sure.

But seriously, Final Fantasy XIII graphics look the best. I'm not bothered about Final Fantasy XIII, I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy Versus XIII more.

final-fantasy-xiii-lightning-render.jpgffxiiiscan.jpg

Posted

I mostly agree with Muffin, but Nintendo is supposedly already working on their next console. I read that in an article, I think. I could be mistaken, but I don't think I am.

Posted

If they want to keep making money, the companies will have to continue.

Git ovair eet, muzzer fudgar.

Posted

Nintendo are working on another console? Do we know much about it? This is the first I've heard of any new console. Why do they need a new one? Oh well, they don't have to worry about it that much. The Wii is still going strong.

Posted

I think graphics are fine as they are. (heck, I think the N64's graphics were fine) What we need is more processing power, larger internal memory, and faster internet service. Those kinds of things can actually create a more enjoyable game experience. Graphics just make it look prettier, but they're fine as they are.

N64's? heck, I think the NES's graphics were great!

Posted

You'd like to believe that, but you don't really think the SNES graphics were great do you? It's easy to lie on the internet. But when you really think about it, you know how you feel deep down. I'm sure you don't really like the SNES graphics really.

Posted

Yes we need new gaming consoles. As the time flows the developers improve their products, IE: Graphics power (Yes, EVERYONE likes graphics, dont deny it cause its a lie :D), Processing power, firmware. And nowadays, _almost_ everyone plays the game from their console's HDD ( sorry Wii ^.^). It works better and loads faster.

Posted

But surely the updating of graphics has to stop sometime? You can't make it look better than reality. And I'm sure graphics of games are almost there. Soon enough it'll be easy to run games with flawless graphics whilst using up very little of the console's power and I think games will just continue to get bigger, better and with flawless graphics. At the rate technology is growing right now, I think that time will be soon. And then people will start making games controlled by all kinds of amazing devices. Simulation is on it's way and I'm looking forward to it. I think games are well on their way to being more real than they've ever been. And I think that people could, theoretically, start to live inside computer simulated worlds. I think that that's where gaming is heading. And I hope it's soon. I certainly think that it'll be soon. Definitely.

I just took a screenshot of the HD trailer for Final Fantasy Versus XIII just to show you.

FinalFantasyVersusXIIIscreen.png

Posted

I'm not talking about graphics. But seriously, how much better can graphics get?

nospacemgs4kojima.jpg

That's a way to stun people. I could have gotten a better image, but thhat's the graphics of MGS4. But not very good quality.

Yeah if you've ever played MGS4 on a 1080p TV thats as good as it gets for now, and Dead Space also has awesome graphics.

Posted

Yeah. I'm saving for a HD-TV. Mine has terrible quality sound, the screen cuts out half the time and it's blurry as hell when it does work.

Posted

Although Wii has some un-realistic graphics,you gotta admit,Nintendo has worked really hard to bring highly interactive games like Twilight princess,Metroid Prime and one of my favoritesMario-Galaxy-FP2025.jpgSUPER MARIO GALAXY!

Posted

But surely the updating of graphics has to stop sometime? You can't make it look better than reality. And I'm sure graphics of games are almost there. Soon enough it'll be easy to run games with flawless graphics whilst using up very little of the console's power and I think games will just continue to get bigger, better and with flawless graphics. At the rate technology is growing right now, I think that time will be soon. And then people will start making games controlled by all kinds of amazing devices. Simulation is on it's way and I'm looking forward to it. I think games are well on their way to being more real than they've ever been. And I think that people could, theoretically, start to live inside computer simulated worlds. I think that that's where gaming is heading. And I hope it's soon. I certainly think that it'll be soon. Definitely.

I just took a screenshot of the HD trailer for Final Fantasy Versus XIII just to show you.

FinalFantasyVersusXIIIscreen.png

Liar, you took that out of a movie.

Posted

It's from the game. It's just not gameplay... It's from the cutscenes. Here's the video if you don't believe me.