Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gaming Consoles

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't see why the three major game companies being Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony need to release new consoles at all, now. I mean, all of them have Internet, all of them can update, and all of them can play games from previous consoles.

So why does everyone want a new console? Or think Nintendo is coming out with a new console?

The only thing I could see them doing now is making portable versions better, like the DSi.

I mean, I could see them making better versions in a few more years, but with them having better features and such, I don't see why they'd need to come out with a newer one so soon.

Posted

I don't see why the three major game companies being Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony need to release new consoles at all, now. I mean, all of them have Internet, all of them can update, and all of them can play games from previous consoles.

So why does everyone want a new console? Or think Nintendo is coming out with a new console?

The only thing I could see them doing now is making portable versions better, like the DSi.

I mean, I could see them making better versions in a few more years, but with them having better features and such, I don't see why they'd need to come out with a newer one so soon.

Yeah, what more can you add? Except more and more power, which you don't even need.

If it's stuff like motion sensitive body suits or some crazy mind control games, then it's worth making.

Posted

you ALWAYS need more power, you can do a lot more with more power, there's not many critical updates but if you look at gaming consoles in the past, that's mostly what upgrades have been, even without the internet being as big as it is today.

Posted

you ALWAYS need more power, you can do a lot more with more power, there's not many critical updates but if you look at gaming consoles in the past, that's mostly what upgrades have been, even without the internet being as big as it is today.

Yep,

I mean look at Donkey kong country...

In the cartridge they placed a new chip (FX chip, right?)

So the graphics could be better without buying any new add ons :D

@Zelda fan

"I do" what?

Posted

I'm not talking about graphics. But seriously, how much better can graphics get?

nospacemgs4kojima.jpg

That's a way to stun people. I could have gotten a better image, but thhat's the graphics of MGS4. But not very good quality.

Posted (edited)

Microsoft showed that you can completely update the console by having that update in whatever month to make the online for XBox different.

Although, I only saw it at E3. But, still, they gave the online a whole new look. With added features, movies, family games, avatars.

But, as I've said, they should only make a new console if they absolutely have to because they have some amazing new feature that isn't compatible with the old one.

Also, Bathykolpian, don't quote the first post.

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

I'm not talking about graphics. But seriously, how much better can graphics get?

This much better:

beowulf-3.jpg

Posted

Is that CGI?

I think that's the word...

But have you guys seen the new Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer? Now that's good graphics, I'm telling you.

Posted

Sony can upgrade with new consoles all they want because they're just a juggernaut with all of the money that they have.Sony has so much money,it can have it's own seperate economy.It could buy Australia if it wanted to.

I like what Microsoft did with the Xbox dashboard update.They gave it a massive overhaul with new games,avatars and such.They did this over xbox live for free,no less.

Now if only Xbox Live itself were free...

The Wii doesn't need an update.It just needs better games.It has loads of crappy games that would work on the PS1 better.People underestimate it's potential and graphical power.It makes me sick.

Posted

Ha! You like the new dashboard and avatars? I played it at my friends house. The avatars are rip-offs of Miis and the Dashboard is quite similar to the PS3 and PSP menu... Hmm. Could they be copying someone at all? Oh well, PS3 copied the Wii with the motion sensitive controllers. I guess all consoles copy each other most of the time though.

Posted

I think graphics are fine as they are. (heck, I think the N64's graphics were fine) What we need is more processing power, larger internal memory, and faster internet service. Those kinds of things can actually create a more enjoyable game experience. Graphics just make it look prettier, but they're fine as they are.

Posted

Ha! You like the new dashboard and avatars? I played it at my friends house. The avatars are rip-offs of Miis and the Dashboard is quite similar to the PS3 and PSP menu... Hmm. Could they be copying someone at all? Oh well, PS3 copied the Wii with the motion sensitive controllers. I guess all consoles copy each other most of the time though.

The dashboard has a lot more now...It has headlines and such that I wouldn't have noticed with the old one.The avatars are actually pretty fun and they make good gamerpictures.

I know that they copied the Miis,but I got over it.

Seriously,though.Nintendo needs to step up and give us a powerful Wii game.Games like Resident Evil 4:Wii Edition and Wii Sports were prime examples of the fun that the Wii can bring,not these crappy PS1-worthy games.

I'm talking graphics,AI,good gameplay,innovative and responsive controls,all of that awesome stuff that games like the listed above have.These games are just a huge funhouse,and we need more to show just how good the Wii is.

Posted

I prefer the old Final Fantasies in 2-D rather than in 3-D like Final Fantasy III & IV on the DS.

I like having games with really good graphics if it's always been in 3-D, but I don't like it when they take a 2-D game and put it into 3-D. Only Final Fantasy has managed to get away with that in my opinion.

Posted

Seriously,though.Nintendo needs to step up and give us a powerful Wii game.Games like Resident Evil 4:Wii Edition and Wii Sports were prime examples of the fun that the Wii can bring,not these crappy PS1-worthy games.

I'm talking graphics,AI,good gameplay,innovative and responsive controls,all of that awesome stuff that games like the listed above have.These games are just a huge funhouse,and we need more to show just how good the Wii is.

Remember, it took a while for the really good DS games to flood in. Give the Wii some time. We'll get good games as soon as the obsession with motion control for the sake of motion control dies out.

Posted

It's the same with the PS3. All the good games are starting to come in! LittleBigPlanet, Fallout, Dead Space and the Final Fantasies next year!

This surely is the gaming season!