Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fallout Zelda?

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I was thinking, why not make a zelda like fallout? being able to switch from FP to 3rd person, and stuff like that.. It would match zelda perfectly i think.

Posted (edited)

Lol. Maybe not.

Zelda is 3rd person. Don't change that. It's fine the way it is. I think innovation is great, but I don't want 1st person.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

I'm sorry, but that is a bad idea. It was made a theird person game, and it remains a theird person game. Besides you'd have a hard time seeing with a sword and sheild in your way.

Posted

maybe, but also the huge map, and the millions of things to do and stuff. It could be Legend of Zelda: Fallout Edition :P

Posted

Technically, I think it would be more like "Oblivion Zelda".

Matches much better.

Still, Zelda was never meant to be like that, and I don't think it'll ever happen. I don't necessarily want it to happen, actually. Zelda as an RPG is a dead concept, and I don't think I want LoZII back. It was a good game, but it was an attempt to change the Zelda feel and didn't quite work out as well as other games. Link's power shouldn't lie in his level, but rather, the sword he wields. And there shouldn't be millions of swords lying around. It takes away the mystique and uniqueness of all the other swords you get. The Razor Sword is unique and known. The Master Sword is unique and known. The Biggoron Sword and so forth. If there were as many items in Zelda as Oblivion or Fallout has, then they would kind of lose their importance. It's like if I asked someone if they had a specific kind of sword in Oblivion, and they would respond, "No, I've never heard of that sword." That's because there's too many.

I'm not saying options like these are bad, but I'm saying they don't fit Zelda, and I think it would kind of make it boring in a sense. A bigger map with more sidequests would be awesome, though. But RPG + First person doesn't fit the bill.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ocarina of Time was originally going to be first-person. And you switch to first-person whenever you use the arrows, hookshot, bow, etc.

I think Sahaqiel hit the nail on the head.

Posted

Technically, I think it would be more like "Oblivion Zelda".

Matches much better.

Still, Zelda was never meant to be like that, and I don't think it'll ever happen. I don't necessarily want it to happen, actually. Zelda as an RPG is a dead concept, and I don't think I want LoZII back. It was a good game, but it was an attempt to change the Zelda feel and didn't quite work out as well as other games. Link's power shouldn't lie in his level, but rather, the sword he wields. And there shouldn't be millions of swords lying around. It takes away the mystique and uniqueness of all the other swords you get. The Razor Sword is unique and known. The Master Sword is unique and known. The Biggoron Sword and so forth. If there were as many items in Zelda as Oblivion or Fallout has, then they would kind of lose their importance. It's like if I asked someone if they had a specific kind of sword in Oblivion, and they would respond, "No, I've never heard of that sword." That's because there's too many.

I'm not saying options like these are bad, but I'm saying they don't fit Zelda, and I think it would kind of make it boring in a sense. A bigger map with more sidequests would be awesome, though. But RPG + First person doesn't fit the bill.

Sahaqiel

You think Oblivion was the first game to do it?

Lol. Ignorant piece of #@!&.

More like, "TES style Zelda", Bethesda's signature RPG feature is the ability to switch between third and first person, I think it was introduced in Daggerfall, if not that then Morrowind.

Either way, I doubt a "Fallout Zelda" would work. The good thing about the Zelda series was that the side quests had some relevance to the main storyline. I.E You get an item at the end, like a piece of heart and such. Making a Zelda game with an abundance of side quests which have no relevance to the storyline or you get petty rewards from them would ruin it. As would the Third person/First person combo, you might be thinking "DURRR WELL LINK COULD HAVE UBER ARMOUR DURR AND LOTS OF STOOF" While being able to have other monster's items and such(like a one size fits all) I believe it wouldn't work, because that's not what the LoZ series is. It's an adventure game and the series is so set into that that if you made it into another genre you'd kill it. =

Posted (edited)

It was Morrowind. Also, Fallout was originally more like Zelda; both were isometric (Zelda still is in some cases). There is no room for a Zelda fps rpg, none.

Edited by Sheogorath (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Yeah. I liked the old Fallout. But it could work with Zelda. Having it so that you can change to first person if you want. But if you don't, fine. Stay in third person.

Also, is 2nd person when it's from someone else's view point? Or from a fixed view point? Like the earlier Resident Evil games I mean.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

Do a game from Ganondorf's point of veiw. Though you have to lose at the end. :(

Posted

Yeah. I liked the old Fallout. But it could work with Zelda. Having it so that you can change to first person if you want. But if you don't, fine. Stay in third person.

Also, is 2nd person when it's from someone else's view point? Or from a fixed view point? Like the earlier Resident Evil games I mean.

I'd rather the option be between isometric and third person, than third and first, with tradition and personal preference as my rational. Actually, Ocarina of Time had all povs, didn't it? First person bows and hookshot, houses had fixed pov and isometric, the city had it too, and of course third person for the bulk of gameplay.

To answer, second person is when someone else's pov is used to show the hero. So yeah, fixed camera.

Posted

Thought so.

But what I mean by 1st AND 2nd person is like Oblivion. I know it should stay like Zelda and not Oblivion, but I would like to have a point of view like Oblivion. But keep the normal Zelda 3rd person. And you can set default views for certain items.

Posted

Well, personal preference is what this is all about, but I really want it preserved the way it is. One last thing, If Zelda goes fps/third person, then they will hopefully borrow from might and magic dark messiah, not Oblivion. Oblivion's first person is boring by comparison.

Posted

I don't really care. What I mean is that you can set the preferences to be like normal Zelda, but you can change it if you want.

Posted (edited)

I just remembered something. Not too long ago, I heard about some demo that had Twilight Princess done in first-person. I'll have to look around and see if I can find it.

Okay, I found the video, but it's only on google, so I can't embed it here. Go to google video search, and type in twilight princess first person. There should be a video about showcasing a Phantom Hourglass/Twilight Princess demo.

Edited by Aethix (see edit history)