Can they top Oot?

69 posts in this topic

Posted

While Ocarina is my favorite of all time, there is something about each Zelda game that makes me fall in love with it. It was the feelings of hopelessness and inevitable doom in MM that made me feel amazed, and a little depressed. It was the epicness of OOT when I first played it as a young lad, the game was HUGE for its time. I've never loved sailing more than when I played Wind Waker. It also changed my views on the scale of world maps, I now expect them to be big. Not only those things, Wind Waker was so fun and carefree it left me feeling joyful after each playthrough. Each Zelda game has something different that completely struck a chord and I became infatuated. Zelda games are my high. There's no reason to say if OOT is the best or not, because they're all so dang amazing, it doesn't matter. Go play whichever one makes YOU feel amazing, in my case it's all of them, especially OOT.

Well said, well said. Although there is one exception to that rule. LOZ2. Even though the game is still OK. It's not LOZ, ITS AN RPG! Which in my mind is nothing like LOZ. Say what you will but that was the worst of the LOZ games.

Seems as if you guys showed me. I knew that some people would like other games over OoT but not this many :)

OK, so lets change this topic slightly. What was your fav and do you think it can be topped. There now it's a more open topic.

Posted

I go for gameplay, puzzles, tension and ending before graphics. That comes second. So I don't think they can top OoT, but well if they make a very excellent Zelda title, they probably can.

Posted

i fink oot iz the bezt sInce it haz adult link nd child link

Posted

i fink oot iz the bezt sInce it haz adult link nd child link

...wrong game your talking about...but you probably tried that

Posted

...wrong game your talking about...but you probably tried that

Actually, that was the right game.

Posted

??? You OK Matt?

Anyway it's seems to be 50/50 on if they can or can't. (Or if they already have) So do you think I should make this a poll?

Posted

??? You OK Matt?

Anyway it's seems to be 50/50 on if they can or can't. (Or if they already have) So do you think I should make this a poll?

I'm perfectly okay.

Nah, don't make a poll.

Posted

I'm perfectly okay.

Nah, don't make a poll.

:P I know

Posted

Ahh...hmm...well...ahh...hmm...well...mmm...hmm...I cant decide between MM and WW which is funny since they're pretty much exact oppisites. Or maybe thats why I cant decide which is my fav because I get both sides of the series.