Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mii used in Japanese wanted poster

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Just when you thought the Japanese couldn't be anymore creative, police have created a wanted poster for a hit and run suspect using Nintendo's Mii avatars.

------

[center][img]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.switched.com/media/2009/02/mii-wanted-posted.jpg[/img][/center]

Police in the Kanagawa Prefecture (southeast of Tokyo) created a poster near the site of a hit and run. But instead of a commissioned artist's rendering or using detective work to track down a photo of the suspect, a Mii was created, showing the man as brown haired and wearing glasses above a photo of the car he was driving.

Not exactly the most realistic depiction, but definitely better than nothing.

Posted

Wow. That's pretty crazy. I'm not sure whether to laugh or not. A hit and run isn't something to take lightly but... That's just cool.

[center][Poor person}:cry: :unsure: :grinninglink:{That's so cool][/center]

Posted

Actually,thats pretty cool! Sooner or later,youll see billboards,newspapers and tv commercials full of Miis

Posted

Heh, what's next, eh? The Japanese are always thinking up crazy things. :unsure:

Posted

Sir josh,
This is no Zelda news too :o sheejsh..

Posted

And I also told you that news relating to other games, especially not developed by Nintendo, should be a last resort.

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='174941' date='Oct 7 2008, 02:55 PM'][b]NEWS WORTHINESS[/b]

We have a priority list of news subjects, and for the most part, it's pretty straight forward. Obviously, any news regarding [i]Zelda[/i] makes the top of that list, especially now when there's a pretty bad dearth of [i]Zelda[/i] news floating around. What goes under[i] Zelda[/i] news is pretty self-explanatory. Also, it'd be pretty nice if we had some reviews on the [i]Zelda[/i] games up. Like, if you've played and completed one of the games for the first time, a review of that would be very much appreciated.

Under that is news about Nintendo in general (you know, since they're the ones who make the games). Articles that fall under Nintendo are anything concerning the company as a whole or prominent figures in the company such as Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, or Reggie Fils-Aime. Articles focused on people should pretty much only be interviews or whatever they say concerning something like [i]Zelda[/i] or the game systems.

Next up are Wii and DS (and soon to be DSi), though they're pretty interchangeable with Nintendo on the hierarchy. News concerning things like new color options, new Wii channels, release date line-ups, sales or record achievements, hardware redesigns, major software updates, price drops, and heaven forbid, patent lawsuits, would be pretty good article makes.

Next are games that aren't [i]Zelda[/i], but are on a Nintendo console. A pretty good example of this was when you saw myself and the others putting news up about [i]Brawl[/i]. Also, first party titles take priority over third party. Game reviews for titles that aren't [i]Zelda[/i] would be this priority as well.

Lastly, anything that doesn't have to do with Nintendo at all falls here (though I hope we never get into that kind of situation). As a matter of fact, you're better off putting things of this nature in the [url="http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showforum=19"]gaming section[/url] or the [url="http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showforum=5"]Open Floor[/url], because there's a very high chance something submitted as news that isn't [i]Zelda[/i] or Nintendo won't make the front page.[/quote]

What a wonder a little thing called "paying attention" can do, huh?

Posted

Lol. I never thought of this as a Zelda News forum anyway. I've seen loads of news that isn't Zelda on this forum. And it's called the News & Reviews forum anyway.

Anyway, I wonder what the Japanese will do next? I bet that someday you'll see Miis in movies or something. I wouldn't doubt it.

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='201225' date='Feb 7 2009, 04:07 PM']And I also told you that news relating to other games, especially not developed by Nintendo, should be a last resort.

What a wonder a little thing called "paying attention" can do, huh?[/quote]
GTA China Town [u]DS[/u]

DS = Double Screen

DS Lite = Double Screen Lite

Well, the point is:
NDS = [u][b]Nintendo[/b][/u] Double Screen

So, GTA China Town have something do to with Nintendo...
I'll never post non Nintendo news here :rolleyes: :P

Posted

You don't seem to get it. Not that I expected you to comprehend something so easily in a language that isn't your first. [i]Chinatown Wars[/i] is developed and published by Rockstar, which isn't a Nintendo subsidy. [i]Brawl[/i], [i]Wii Music[/i] and [i]Pikmin 3[/i], on the other hand, are developed and published by Nintendo. Therefore, the latter games take priority.

In fact, why not take a break from posting news? You know, until you learn English to at least half fluency and are not compelled to put an emoticon every other word.

Posted

[url="http://thesaurus.reference.com/"]http://thesaurus.reference.com/[/url]
[url="http://dictionary.reference.com/"]http://dictionary.reference.com/[/url]

THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS

Posted

That's not very nice SirJoshizzle. >:(

Anyway, I think that he was posting the news that the DS can actually handle having a larger scale game than the PSP was Nintendo news in my opinion.

Posted

I just wanted to say what I've been thinking for months. And there it is. Ripped off like a band-aid.

But we digress. How does this poster make you FEEL?

Posted

I think it's cool, but I don't think I should smile at it because... You know... It was a hit and run.

It was a hit and run, yeah? I did pay attention correctly?

Posted

So... did they catch the guy?

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='201443' date='Feb 7 2009, 05:39 PM']But we digress. How does this poster make you FEEL?[/quote]
Like a chameleon basking in the warmth of the sun. I mean [i]in[/i] the sun.
It hurts.

This is stupid. I think a sketch would be much more effective. This is a serious thing.