Mood Music

16 posts in this topic

Posted

You can have music for all kinds of moods. Anger, happiness, tiredness, sadness, sweet monkey love and probably much, much more. I could tell you more moods but the reason I made this topic is because of the one song that just made me really, tired. I just wanted to mention it, it actually works incredibly well. *yawn* Sleeping pills are for cowards and drug addicts.

Now, I couldn't find the song on Youtube, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Posted

Rock: Gets me pumped.

Rap: Makes me angery.

Oldies: Not sure yet either.

Posted

Yeah. Although I usually use music to enhance my mood, rather than change it. For example, if I'm in a happy excited mood, I listen to "happy music". (Fun, cheerful, not too intense.) If I'm sad, I'll listen to more depressing music...

But sometimes when I'm feeling depressed, I'll start out with depressing music, and slowly build up to more intense music, and from intense I build up to exciting happy songs, and I'll be in a better mood.

Posted

I'm never depressed. I'm too busy listening to Volver a Comenzar to be sad. :D

Posted

Hmm... You should post that song sometime.

Posted

My mood is easily influenced by music. If I hear angry, screamo stuff, then I become upset. If I hear happy music, then I'll be put into a good mood. Most people don't know that their moods can be influenced by what they listen to... music influences some people's moods easier than others, but I think it applies to everybody.

Posted

I've heard that music helps you work harder too. Like if you listen to the right song you get better at what your doing.

Posted

When I'm sad, I tend to listen to Muse or Switchfoot. Coldplay is good for calm, as is Relient K. Of Montreal and Five Iron Frenzy are good when you're happy, and for some reason I listen to heavy rock when I'm angry. I never listen to Screamo or Rap, though, as those aren't really music at all.

Scatman John is good when you're happy, too.

Posted

When I'm sad, I tend to listen to Muse or Switchfoot. Coldplay is good for calm, as is Relient K. Of Montreal and Five Iron Frenzy are good when you're happy, and for some reason I listen to heavy rock when I'm angry. I never listen to Screamo or Rap, though, as those aren't really music at all.

Scatman John is good when you're happy, too.

Yay another Scatman John fan. See Bathy I told you that I wasn't the only fan of Scatman.

Posted

I think he's funny. I was playing TF2, and someone randomly started playing it over the mic.

After that, I just had to find out more.

Posted

Music usually doesn't change my mood, rather it makes certain emotions or moods stronger for me. If I'm angry and put death metal on, I'll get angrier. If I'm pumped and listen to a fast rock song, I get more adrenaline pumping...etc. Right now I would be pumped. :punk::strong:

Posted

I think the most fitting song for when you're happy on a sunny day is "I'm walking on Sunshine." I was singing that on the way home from school (mainly the chorus) and I felt really good.

I'm the same as most people. Rock gets me pumped, country = no effect, and, unlike most people here, who don't like Rap, Rap puts me in a joking mood. Techno makes me want to dance.

Posted

Certain Songs remind me of different things. For example: When I need to clean my room, the basement, kitchen, and so forth I put in the Fruits Basket Soundtrack. :)

Posted

Twilight Princess ending theme.

Posted

I've heard that music helps you work harder too. Like if you listen to the right song you get better at what your doing.

That is too true. Whenever I listen to the battle music from FF VII when I'm writing an english paper, damn I work so much better. And faster.