Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Plz help.

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I currently have $106, and Im saving up for... I don't know.

First I was going to save up for an Xbox360, and then I wanted to save up for a Laptop, and then a mini-Laptop, and now Im just confused...

I need help deciding :P

Posted

You don't need a mini-laptop. They're pointless. It's between a laptop and an Xbox360, right? Well, if you're alright with the computer you're using now, I would go for the Xbox360 personally.

Posted

Your computer is a tard. I'd say to go for the laptop.

Posted

Well, I can rarely be on this computer :P I get kicked off all the time when Im in the middle of important conversations. It's quite annoying.

And I can live without a 360 rather easily.

The only reason I want one is for: Ninja Gaiden 2; Halo 1,2, and 3; Fable ll; and possibly something else...

A Laptop though... Heaven in mah room |D

Posted

His computer is bad? Then go for the laptop. It will probably last longer than an Xbox360 anyway, which has a pretty high mortality rate.

Posted

Could you list some of the better things about both? That'll help A LOT.

Posted (edited)

Well, I've had both so I'll try.

Having your own PC/Latop:

Advantages:

* Can keep all your own files secure without others spying on them.

* Don't have to share it if you don't want.

* Can have certain websites (aka. here) automatically sign you in without fear of having siblings take over.

* Depending on the power of it, you could play some good games on it.

Disadvantages:

* Feel obliged to list advantages of having your own laptop even though none spring to mind.

Having an Xbox:

Advantages:

* Get all those delicious games.

* Great online, apparently.

Disadvantages:

* Online =/= Free.

* Might get bored of it quickly.

* High Mortality rate.

* Living a life knowing that you'll never have a PS3.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Lol, Thanks for that. Im definitely gonna save for a Laptop, but this should be kept open, just in case.

Yeah, a Laptop sounds REALLY good. And I get to play Halo 1 and 2 whenever I see my friend Ryan anyways, so... I can live without Halo 3, as it's the worst funwise.

How much do you think a good laptop will be? Im not buying anything over $600... In total.

Posted

:/ Mine cost... Wait, I'm British. I have no idea then. But it's good that you made the right decision. I mean, with a laptop, you could download all kinds of rubbish like Photoshop stuff so that you can try making stuff like is in your signature. I download a load of stuff too and backup DVDs quite alot.

Quick Question: Is 8 pixels over sig limit alright?

Posted

Well, my dad threw out this awesome laptop magazine I had, but I'll start with saying this:

Get a Dell.

They are amazingly awesome and have sales often. In other words, you can get a laptop that'd normally be $700 for $600 dollars, sometimes. Great quality and a lot of space. Also, you'd probably want one that connects to wireless internet.

Posted

Quick Question: Is 8 pixels over sig limit alright?

yes

Posted

Yeah, wireless FTW. I planned on getting a Dell already. The Dell computers at my school ROCK MY WORLD.

They're so fast all the time :sqint: And such unpixelatedness... You can't even tell it's pixels.

misa's is... I think it's Dell... Im not sure. I've never seen it. It was broken until recently. And hers ROCKS.

Dell FTW! :squint:

Posted

My dad has a Dell and it's pretty good. Mine's Compaq but it's decent too. I got it on sale after all, so I'm not arguing.

Except that I got Norton. :<

Posted

Well, my dad threw out this awesome laptop magazine I had, but I'll start with saying this:

Get a Dell.

They are amazingly awesome and have sales often. In other words, you can get a laptop that'd normally be $700 for $600 dollars, sometimes. Great quality and a lot of space. Also, you'd probably want one that connects to wireless internet.

I agree with this.

Dell has nice computers.

(And Wireless Internet ftw)

I want a laptop...

Posted

So what's the cheapest I could get a decent Dell Laptop?