Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DSi To Get Virtual Console For Game Boy Games?

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

linksawakening.jpg
The Wii has a Virtual Console. Lets you download games from the NES, SNES, Master System, etc. No Game Boy, though. Why? Maybe because they were saving those for the new Nintendo DSi.

A rumour on game site Kombo says that, at a recent event for Club Nintendo members, it was announced that the DSi would be getting its own Virtual Console, from which you could buy Game Boy & Game Boy Advance titles.

These would be saved to an SD card (which the new DSi supports), and limited - at least initially - to first-party Nintendo titles.

Nintendo will only respond with their usual "Nintendo does not comment on rumours or speculation" line, so what do you think? Would you rather pay for a downloadable copy of a Game Boy game and play it on your DSi, or track down
the original cart? Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

I just got chills from reading that. I hope this is real. This will help me beat LoZ LA.

Posted

that would be cool if you could have the game on the bottom screen and your objectives on the top

Posted

I'm pretty sure this was officially announced a while ago. I don't remember where, though...

Posted

Teto...

If this turns out to be true, I will buy a DSi and give you karma for a week.

Posted

A Virtual Console for the DSi has not been announced but a DsiWare be available and will be the same as WiiWare (non virtual-console games)

Posted

I could've sworn they did...

Something like "Because the DSi lacks a slot for GBA games, you can download 'em onto the DSi"....

Posted

This sounds like a brilliant idea. If old games were available to download I definatly would take advantage of it!

In answer to your question, I would download the games. I don't have a GameBoy, so having the cart would be pointless :)

Posted

The problem I see with this is that if you have the game, you'd be paying double the money and they'd be milking you like Blizzard.

Although, if it's free or just some way to show you have the game and then be able to download it for free. That's just all I'm saying. It'd be a lot better that way.

I'm not paying for a game I already have if it's still playable on my DS Lite or Gameboy Advance SP, it's just pointless.

Posted

But you could get games you don't have, and it's probably cheaper.

Posted

Yeah, but why would anyone get games they don't have? Noob.

Cheaper doesn't mean anything, I'm not paying for something I already have if it still works perfectly, it's pointless.

Posted

Yeah, but why would anyone get games they don't have? Noob.

Cheaper doesn't mean anything, I'm not paying for something I already have if it still works perfectly, it's pointless.

Then...Don't buy the games you already have...

Buy the ones you don't have...

Posted

Lol

This looks cool

: D

Posted

This would be amazing however, unfortunately, Reggie Deconfirmed it

Posted

They should put it in the Wii VC too. :)

Cool for the DSi though. ^_^