Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Zelda Game Announced! "Letters from the Past"

72 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='213657' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:11 PM']No. Don't believe the lies. Many sites are speculating, but Nintendo has said nothing.[/quote]
They have actually, here's the quote.

[quote]"The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tacks was an unfortunate hoax. We are sorry for any annoyance we may have caused with this as we merely meant it as a joke. We did not expect the widespread praise that it received as we expected most, if not all, of the fans to doubt the game's authenticity in the first place. I repeat; Spirit Tracks was an unfortunate hoax and we are sorry for any annoyance caused to our loyal fans.
We can, however, lighten the situation with the note that we shall be revealing our real project in due time. You have only to wait."[/quote]

Posted

i dont belevi it.
thy work for the new ds game zelda Spirit Tracks
for a new wii game have say Satoru Iwata nothing.
only for a new ds game from zelda

Posted

Because made up quotes prove it ;)

Where's the link?

Posted

[url="http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10695&st=46&start=46"]Here you go, Zeldafan[/url].

Good day to you, sir.

Posted

[quote name='Teto' post='213662' date='Apr 1 2009, 04:28 PM'][url="http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10695&st=46&start=46"]Here you go, Zeldafan[/url].

Good day to you, sir.[/quote]

Linking back to the topic?

Nice.

Ah...I grow bored with April Fools.

Later :)

I'll be back when everyone stops all the nonsense.

Posted

I like how it makes fun of the absurdity that is the unfortunate truth of Spirit Tracks.

That being said, I could see them trying again to make a main console game that all-but requires you to also get the handheld "version" to go along with it. Because they hate themselves and their franchise just that much.

Posted

aw, i was excited about it. it looks alright.
good joke though. i fell for it.
but its not hard to fool me so......... :unsure:

Posted

ST is not a April Fool repeat it is not a April Fool.

Yes I am now a Octorok.

Posted

[quote name='Unexpected' post='213567' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:08 AM']Definatley Aprils fools Day, or should i say Aprils Fails day? Anyone thathas played more than 2 zelda games could see that is just WindWaker Fan art.

Also, nintendo have never released 2 games directly linked to each other like that before, and i don't think they will. Link would just be putting his mail in a mailbox and collecting it later on to deliver it to himself? o_o

Don't think so. xD

Nice Try though. =D[/quote]

Yes they have. Don't you remember the Oracle twins? Ther was Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons on the Game Boy Color. You need to get your Zelda history correct. Think about it. Come back when you look at Gametrailer's timeline, every Zelda site ever, and Amazon.

Posted

Quick tips to everyone who believed this and any other April Fool's Day joke:

1. If they provide no source, there's a good chance it isn't true.

2. Don't always believe the quotes they provide, they could be lying about those.

3. Don't believe an article on April Fools Day unless it has a trailer.

4. If the trailer is from a respected and monetarily stable website, it could also be fake. Example: IGN's Legend of Zelda movie trailer last April Fools.

5. The best thing to do is wait until April Fools is over. But if you must separate fact from fiction, these are sure ways to do it.

Posted

April Fools day has always been my favorite day on Hyrule.net! I'm sad that I didn't come up with something to submit to Dustin to show on the front page like every year.
Next year will be great though. :D

Posted

The Goddesses are not pleased with this farce. Next time if you want to play a prank, please don/t try and pass off such a sad game as "Letters from the Past". :zelda:

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='213750' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:32 PM']Quick tips to everyone who believed this and any other April Fool's Day joke:

1. If they provide no source, there's a good chance it isn't true.

2. Don't always believe the quotes they provide, they could be lying about those.

3. Don't believe an article on April Fools Day unless it has a trailer.

4. If the trailer is from a respected and monetarily stable website, it could also be fake. Example: IGN's Legend of Zelda movie trailer last April Fools.

5. The best thing to do is wait until April Fools is over. But if you must separate fact from fiction, these are sure ways to do it.[/quote]

I take everything like serious business, too.

Posted

Oh, and whoever clicked "digg it" (if you have one of those) on here, is well... :chairbash:

Posted

[quote name='Dustin' post='213513' date='Apr 1 2009, 02:56 AM']Today Nintendo surprised us all again by announcing the long-awaited Zelda for the Nintendo Wii. "Letters from the Past" is the next installment of the Zelda series and will integrate with Spirit Tracks. According to Nintendo, the only way to save Hyrule is to deliver top secret letters into the future so that future citizens can use this information within to protect themselves. 'Past Link' will send letters into the future for 'future Link' to deliver. This explains the train in Spirit Tracks. Without it, there would not be enough time to deliver the letters. This is why past Link must depend on future Link. Nintendo hinted today that there may be a little romance involved as well. Perhaps Link is going to deliver a love letter? More details to come. [url="http://www.hyrule.net/images/lettersfromthepast_large.png"%20>Click%20here%20for%20the%20high%20resolution%20logo.</a>%20<a%20href="http://digg.com/nintendo/Nintendo_announces_The_Legend_of_Zelda_Letters_from_the_Past"]Digg It![/url]

<center>
[img]http://www.hyrule.net/images/lettersfromthepast_small.png[/img]
<font size="6">[url="http://digg.com/nintendo/Nintendo_announces_The_Legend_of_Zelda_Letters_from_the_Past"]Digg It![/url]</font>
</center>[/quote]

Ok, so because the post was put up on April Fools Day, I'm not going to put much believe into it. I agree with some of the other people on here and I'm going to wait and see what happens. As for the game cover, that's bogus! lol That picture would probably not be used, even if it was a real proposition for the alleged game. However, it sounds like a legit thing for the new game ST on the DS.