Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reggie Fils-Aime Talks Spirit Tracks.

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo of America's President, Reggie Fils-Aime had a sit down with MTV Multiplayer to chat about the upcoming DSi handheld system, and upcoming titles. One of the titles talked about was The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

One of the rumors being tossed around is that ST could be a DSi-enhanced game (a game that works on all DS systems but has exclusive features on the DSi) and this interview only added fuel to the fire.

------

[center][img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/lf9/blurb_Blue_DSi_20090219.jpg[/img][/center]

[i]
[b]MTV Multiplayer[/b]: "Zelda"? DSi-enhanced?

[b]Fils-Aime:[/b] Wouldn't that be nice?[/i]

It looks as if ST really is going to be DSi enhanced after all, but we are still not 100% sure yet.

Other Zelda items mentioned in the interview...

[i][b]MTV Multiplayer:[/b] Yeah. Now, when you guys were thinking of the subtitle for the new "Zelda" ["The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks"], did you start with my initials and go from there?

[b] Fils-Aime:[/b] That was not the driver.

[b]MTV Multiplayer:[/b] Ok. Because the "Halo 3" spin-off was originally "Halo 3: Recon." They changed it to "Halo 3: ODST. And you guys? "The Legend of Zelda: ST"!

[b]Fils-Aime:[/b] I have to say that, as we were doing all the naming, and working with NCL [Nintendo's Japanese main office], we were not in the background saying, "It's gotta be Stephen Totilo somehow!"

[b]MTV Multiplayer:[/b] It should be. But that's a tentative title, right? So people shouldn't get too attached to it?

[b]Fils-Aime:[/b] Correct.

[b]MTV Multiplayer:[/b] Can people assume that this game puts a new 2009 "Zelda" game on or off the table, because maybe there can't be more than on new "Zelda" for the year?

[b] Fils-Aime:[/b] What we've done is we've announced a great "Zelda" game for the DS -- one I'm looking forward to. But reading anything more into that would be a mistake.

[b]MTV Multiplayer:[/b] Have you had a chance to play it yet?

[b]Fils-Aime:[/b] I did play a little bit of "Spirit Tracks."

[b] MTV Multiplayer:[/b] How is it?

[b] Fils-Aime:[/b] I love it.

[b]MTV Multiplayer: [/b]How does it compare to you as a player?
[b]
Fils-Aime:[/b] I'll tell you what I love about it. It takes some of the things I liked about "Phantom Hourglass" to the next level. Example: I thought tracking the path of the boomerang was nice in "Phantom Hourglass." But the way you use [the stylus] to solve puzzles with "Spirit Tracks" is really provocative. I think the "Zelda" fan will really enjoy it... You do more in tracking and outlining. We showed it in the trailer. You move [an extra] character to a spot in order to unlock puzzles. I really like that. I think it adds a level of gameplay which, for me, hearkens back to some of the classic "Zelda" puzzles.
[b]
MTV Multiplayer:[/b] If you can have trains in the "Zelda" universe, can you have planes in the "Zelda" universe? How advanced is this universe?

[b] Fils-Aime:[/b] ["Zelda franchise director] Mr. Aonuma must answer those questions. I cannot answer those questions.[/i]

It looks like gameplay from Phantom Hourglass has been approved upon, and the mention of the extra character seen in the trailer was touched upon as well. Read the whole interview [url="http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/04/01/nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-talks-dsi-enhanced-games-zelda-spirit-tracks-and-more/"]here.[/url]

Posted

Cool. Well, this makes it sound a bit more promising. ^__^

Posted

I hear this game is fake, but I hear it's real. So it's real fake? I'm confused.

Posted

There were a couple sites reporting that the game was fake for april fools day. No worry, the game is 100% real.

Posted

It's real. The "extra character" is probably the Phantom in the trailer.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='213837' date='Apr 2 2009, 03:53 PM']I hear this game is fake, but I hear it's real. So it's real fake? I'm confused.[/quote]
Are you honestly that gullible?

Can I have my 3 karma points now?

Posted

What ever it's fake, and I know it. I will not believe it until it's out!

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='213876' date='Apr 2 2009, 06:11 PM']What ever it's fake, and I know it. I will not believe it until it's out![/quote]
I will laugh at you when it comes out. Be prepared for it.

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='213882' date='Apr 2 2009, 07:17 PM']I will laugh at you when it comes out. Be prepared for it.[/quote]
How about this deal if it comes out I will buy it, and I will not use any types of pills. That's how sure I am that it's fake.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='213885' date='Apr 2 2009, 06:19 PM']How about this deal if it comes out I will buy it, and I will not use any types of pills. That's how sure I am that it's fake.[/quote]
Don't hurt yourself, it's only a game. If you are that sure, just give me 5000 rupees the day it comes out. If it turns out to be fake, I'll give you 5000.

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='213890' date='Apr 2 2009, 07:22 PM']Don't hurt yourself, it's only a game. If you are that sure, just give me 5000 rupees the day it comes out. If it turns out to be fake, I'll give you 5000.[/quote]
Fine, but who knows when this game will come out.

Posted

We'll just have to wait and see.

Posted

Fine. Were bringing this back to one topic again.

Posted

I do. I'm not telling though. :unsure:

Posted

[quote name='Arcanelord' post='213897' date='Apr 2 2009, 06:26 PM']I do. I'm not telling though. :unsure:[/quote]
Oh come on Arcaninelord! :zelda: