dragon ball evolution

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I am going to see it at the end of the month. I have been a dbz fan for 17 years, i have all but one seson away from compleating my collection. I also have the compleate series of dragonball GT and i am plannin on gitting dragonball evolution on DVD when it comes out. :D:D:D

Posted

i knew i wasn't the only one :wacko:

Posted

Read my review of Dragonball Evolution in "Savanti Romero's in the Seats". Warning Spoilers!!!!

Posted

Nothing suprieses me i know the story from start to finish. I even know were the creator got the name for goku's attack.

:D:D:D:D

Posted

I'm watching it right now.

My friend and I are laughing hardcore at it and making fun of it to hell and back.

They took that story, stuck a fork in it, twirled it around, and ate it like spaghetti before it was digested and excreted like the waste that lays before me.

I know the whole story, and I don't even like the series that much. :|

This is not the story.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

2. It looks like it will ruin DBZ.

DBZ already ruined itself.

Also, this is just Dragonball, not Dragonball Z.

I may watch it online, but I'm not going to pay to see this.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

You mean with kid Goku? Oh yeah. I used to watch that too. I might watch it when it comes to movie channels.

Posted

Hell no.

I'm not even a Dragon ball fan. This also looks like a poorly disguised attempt at a cash-in on name recognition. Who knows, I could be wrong. But I'm never going to find out.

Posted

I saw a little trailer for it. Goku is a high school student who discovers he has powers. He soon discovers he's not the only one.

No. Goku is a child with a tail who lives with a Dragonball his grandfather left with him. Bulma shows up and convinces him to come with her to collect the rest. A midget is also trying to get them but nobody likes him because he blames flatulence on talking dogs with swords.

Yes, the three episodes I watched were ABSORBED.

I'm telling you, Charles Dickens would be spinning in his grave about now.

Posted

Well that explains the whole show. I was 8 I don't remember the show.

Hey, Bathy can you post a link to the show?

Posted (edited)

In the actual series,

Goku was a child with a tail in Dragonball, he never went to school, Chichi promised to marry him when she was also a child, they got married after Goku beat her in a fight in a tournament, Master Roshi was not middle aged and he lived on an island in a two storied pink house with a turtle, Goku's monkey form did not have a name and he was just Goku, and he only turned into a monkey when he both had a tail and the full moon was out, and it was like 50 stories high, Piccolo was introduced in Dragonball, the entire Kamek race was never hostile, just, I believe, Piccolo, but it's mentioned otherwise in the movie, Kamehameha did not require obscene 5-step gestures and could not revive people from the dead, Shenron was huge and long and green and talked to you, Goku's "grandpa" died early on before the events of Dragonball, I believe, Bulma was just jklkafaskldfjl;asdjf'askdfl; gosh they changed her backstory, GOKU WAS NOT PSYCHIC AND DID NOT HAVE THE POWER TO MOVE THINGS WITH HIS MIND, Chichi did not have an understanding of Ki, etc. etc.

I understand it's an adaptation and whatnot, but if they're going to make sequels, why not try to cram in some canon information?

You know, I don't even really like Dragonball that much.

But holy gosh.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah, I'm definitely not seeing it then. What microscopic flicker of a doubt that may have been hiding in the most shadowy corner in the back of my mind has been dragged out of it's haven and beaten to a greasy pulp by sanity.

Posted

I guess it's just made to be a stand-alone movie, only borrowing names from the series. Kind of like Super Mario Bros., except with no flamethrower-toting Goombas.

Posted

lol. That was such a weird movie... Nothing like the game at all. It was rather entertaining, though. :/

Posted

Lulz I had 2 free tickets to use up anyways, so I saw it. xD

Terrible, so very terrible. But it had some good aspects to it.