Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MotionPlus, Wii Sports Resort dated and priced for NA

11 posts in this topic

Posted

[float][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Joshua_hatesYOU/wii-motion-plus.jpg"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Joshua_hatesYOU/wii-motion-plus.jpg[/img][/url][/float]Dispelling an earlier rumor, Nintendo officially stated that the Wii MotionPlus accessory will release in North America on June 8 for $19.99, with [i]Wii Sports Resort[/i] coming July 26 for $49.99.

------

The Wii MotionPlus, which attaches into the port on the bottom of the Wii Remote, greatly enhances the Remote's accelerometer, rendering the holder's tilts and shakes on screen in real-time.

[float][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Joshua_hatesYOU/object.jpg"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Joshua_hatesYOU/object.jpg[/img][/url][/float][i]Wii Sports Resort[/i], which is a continuation of [i]Wii Sports[/i], which is bundled with the Wii in most regions, is the first game to take control of the MotionPlus and is set for release on July 26. Minigames included feature swordfighting, racing on water scooters, and frisbee (pictured at right). According to Nintendo, all copies of [i]Wii Sports Resort[/i] will retail for $49.99 and comes bundled with one Wii MotionPlus accessory. Separate peripherals can be purchased individually for $19.99.

Posted

How many accessories am I going to have to buy to play my F#$%@# Wii?

Here's a Wii for only $250.

BUT WAIT!

You need a classic controller to play those Virtual Console games!

OH, and don't forget your Wii Zapper!

Or your extra Wii remote! (Nunchuck sold separately)

We forgot to make a rechargeable battery, so be prepared to shell out tons of money for energy needs!

Our internal hard drive sucks! So go out and buy an SD card for your Wii!

Buy a Wii Speak so you can talk to your friends!

Guess what guys? Now you need a MotionPlus accessory to play games!

$250?...more like $350+

Nintendo...I trusted you.

Posted

It's good that they're coming out with it... And it looks useful.... But ZeldaFancs has a point. 'Tis rather annoying. (Not that I'd know first-hand, of course. I don't have a Wii...)

Posted

Might I add that the Wii MotionPlus is what the Wii remote should have already been like. Nintendo should have made the motion controls perfect at launch, I don't see why they feel the need to charge me an extra $20 bucks now. Why not just make the price of the Wii $270?

Posted

who said you had to buy all the peripherals?

Posted

I realize that you can get by without most of them, I was pointing out the fact that there are SO many that some games rely on.

If you don't have a gamecube controller, then yes you NEED to buy a Classic Controller in order to play Virtual Console games.

Unless you buy a rechargeable battery from some off brand, ranging in price from $10-$30, you're going to be shelling out a lot of cash for batteries.

If you play a lot of Virtual Console games (which I do), the Wii's internal memory is terrible. You absolutely have to get an SD card or delete games off of your Wii and download them again later (which is a painful process.)

If you want to talk to your friends in Animal Crossing and possibly games like Conduit in the future, you're going to have to buy a Wii Speak, just like you'd buy a headset with Sony or Microsoft.

I have a feeling the MotionPlus is going to be really important. You're going to need it to play most games in the future, mark my words.

So no, you don't have to get all the peripherals, but if you want to take full advantage of the Wii like I do then you will be spending a lot of hard-earned money.

Posted

Wii motion pluss is an add on so it won't be required for future games.

Wii motion plus is to just enhance the wiimote.

Most VC games you can play them with a Wiimote. In fact maybe all.

There is no reason you should be whining about having to buy rechargeable batteries. It may be $10-$30 but it's a lot cheaper in the long run and it's still not expensive. You can either just get 2 rechargeable batteries per wiimote and spend another $40 on the wiimote charger. Or you can get 4 batteries for each remote.

If you play a lot of vc games chances are you are already shelling out tons of dough just to buy the VC games.

You are complaining about having to buy all the peripherals if you are to be a hardcore gamer like you. But it's your fault for thinking you had to buy all of them.

This is not pokemon, you do not need to catch them all.

Posted

[quote]Wii motion pluss is an add on so it won't be required for future games.[/quote]
You don't know that.
[quote]Wii motion plus is to just enhance the wiimote.[/quote]
I think I get that, yeah.

[quote]Most VC games you can play them with a Wiimote. In fact maybe all.[/quote]
Do you even have a Wii? Snes and N64 games cannot be played with a Wiimote.

[quote]There is no reason you should be whining about having to buy rechargeable batteries. It may be $10-$30 but it's a lot cheaper in the long run and it's still not expensive. You can either just get 2 rechargeable batteries per wiimote and spend another $40 on the wiimote charger. Or you can get 4 batteries for each remote.[/quote]
It's the fact that I even have to get them that I'm "whining."

[quote]If you play a lot of vc games chances are you are already shelling out tons of dough just to buy the VC games.[/quote]
Which adds to my point that Nintendo is making us pay too much.

Posted

Um, I'm actually pretty sure that some games will require the motionplus.

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='216275' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:12 PM']Which adds to my point that Nintendo is making us pay too much.[/quote]

Then stop whining, download an emulator, and play your old games. It's not that hard.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='216288' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:56 PM']Then stop whining, download an emulator, and play your old games. It's not that hard.[/quote]
Finally a sensible response!

But I have a Mac. Emulators are hard to find for a Mac. Unless you can send me Windows via the mail and I could install it.