Stem Cell Research

67 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually, I know God's real because he fills me with his spirit. That's something I actually felt. I know you don't believe in him and you haven't felt his presence, so if you don't believe me that's ok. It took me a long time before I came to him, I know what it's like to live without believing. Not fun.

Well I pose this question to you. I'm not saying I'm right, I just want you to think about it. True, with one embryo we may be able to save millions. But what if that one embryo grows up and creates a cure for a life-threatening disease? That one embryo would save millions, and have a chance at life. Thereby saving a million and one lives.

My life's fun. I don't believe in god. Your argument has been shattered.

The chances of that are like, ten million in one (SHUTTHEpuppyUP AETHIX, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR BULLSHIT ABOUT HOW MY NUMBERS ARE WRONG, THE NUMBER I USED WAS AN ESTIMATION. ALSO, DON'T RIDE MY ASS FOR SAYING THIS, IT WAS JUST A WAY OF SHOWING YOU I DON'T ACTUALLY THINK THE NUMBER I USED IS EXACTLY CORRECT) . Embryonic research would save more lives.

Posted

Ummmm.... What???

Warned.

Posted

My life's fun. I don't believe in god. Your argument has been shattered.

Okay, so "fun" isn't quite the right way to say it.

Let me put it this way. Now that I have someone to keep me in check, I don't do the stupid sinful things I used to do. Sure, I still sin, but the point of Christianity is that you are a better person after becoming a Christian than you were before you became one.

Posted

Ummmm.... What???

Warned.

Sorry, it's just that he's done just that before. You know, like, it's the only way of preventing him from tearing me apart with his half-witted arguments based mainly around pointing out flaws in my argument rather than stating his own beliefs.

Posted

I love this. I'm preemptively being told to shut up. It's great.

Posted

Okay, so "fun" isn't quite the right way to say it.

Let me put it this way. Now that I have someone to keep me in check, I don't do the stupid sinful things I used to do. Sure, I still sin, but the point of Christianity is that you are a better person after becoming a Christian than you were before you became one.

Didn't you just contradict yourself? And if you sinned before becoming a Christian, and still sin after, how exactly did it make you a better person? Unless you sin less or not as bad as before. Still though, becoming a Christian does not make one automatically a better person. That should be edited slightly.

Posted

Didn't you just contradict yourself? And if you sinned before becoming a Christian, and still sin after, how exactly did it make you a better person? Unless you sin less or not as bad as before. Still though, becoming a Christian does not make one automatically a better person. That should be edited slightly.

It made me a better person, it didn't make me perfect. Yet. I don't do some of the sins I used to do, and I'm working on eliminating all of them. While my flesh is weak and I most likely won't eliminate them all in this life, they will be eliminated in the end.

Becoming a Christian means admitting you're wrong and accepting God's way as the true way. If you begin to follow God's way even if it contradicts your own beliefs, you will find that in time you will be a much better person than you were before. I know this from experience.