Stem Cell Research

67 posts in this topic

Posted

It's a matter of opinion. I heard they kill babies to do it. But either way it's a waste of money.

Posted

How is it a waste of money?

Posted

For those against using discarded embryos for stem cells:

Are you against organ donations as well? It's quite similar.

Posted

Except that organ donors voluntarily donate their organs. The embryos are not given any choice in the matter.

Posted

The embryos also didn't get a Game Start screen asking if they want to play or not.

Sahaqiel

Posted

GAME OVER

Posted

When embryos start the screen they hear:

"ANOTHER VISITOR.

STAY A WHILE.

STAAAAAY FOREVEEER!"

Posted

The embryos also didn't get a Game Start screen asking if they want to play or not.

Sahaqiel

lol.

Absolutely yes. All kinds.

Posted

Who cares what an embro thinks anyways after they are dead?

Not only did they not care to begin with (they are not sentient), but after they are dead they most definitely don't care what happens to them.

After you are dead, you will cease to care what happens to your body. You may think now 'oh, I hope they dont put my body in a blender', but after you are dead you won't keep worrying about that.

Posted

ummm

i think that all kinds are good even embryoic from my classes i learned that they would just throw the embryos away so why wouldnt we use them for research so that maybe we can develop more knowledge. it would be a good thing to know, and personally i dont think it is 'killing' the embryo because more than likely that embryo wont be used in AI anyway.

Posted

Dustin, you don't know what you are talking about. I've seen footage of a late-term abortion. The embryo tries to get away from the suction tube, even as it is violently broken into little pieces and sucked out of its mothers womb. And then the "doctors" performing the abortion stick clamps into the womb to crush the dead embryo's head and suck out the pieces. What I'm saying is, yes, the embryo cares whether it lives or dies, and that footage proves it. It shouldn't even be killed in the first place; IVF should be banned.

We shouldn't cannibalize babies.

Posted (edited)

It's a difficult subject. The embryos arent really people yet. But... It still doesnt really seem right. I still think its ok though.

Edited by Odin (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Dustin, you don't know what you are talking about. I've seen footage of a late-term abortion. The embryo tries to get away from the suction tube, even as it is violently broken into little pieces and sucked out of its mothers womb. And then the "doctors" performing the abortion stick clamps into the womb to crush the dead embryo's head and suck out the pieces. What I'm saying is, yes, the embryo cares whether it lives or dies, and that footage proves it. It shouldn't even be killed in the first place; IVF should be banned.

We shouldn't cannibalize babies.

"Late Term" being the key words. Also, we aren't eating the babies. Therefore your last statement was completely irrelevant. If stem cell research were a BABY BBQ!!! I would say no to it. It isn't however, so I will have to agree with Dustin.

Edited by Min (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I was just about to point out the cannibalism thing.

Wow. Just... wow.

That mad me laugh.

Hard.

Also, this is about stem cell research; not abortion.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

Baby BBQ?

Wow.....