Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Steel 2

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Red Steel 2, the follow-up to Ubisoft's gun-slingin' sword-slashin' Wii launch title, will arrive this holiday ,and that it will also make use of the MotionPlus peripheral for extra accuracy.

More on this after the jump.

------

[center][img]http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/130935/rs2.png[/img][/center]

Production began last summer, and it looks as if Ubisoft are taking the franchise to a newer, more sword-driven direction with "intensely physical first person sword fighting" and gunplay being a secondary focus.

You'll be able to lock-on to enemies with Z, holding down C to swing and block, performing various attacks and combos with both your guns and sword. To get around enemies from behind this time round there's a neat "quick turn" focus with the tap of the A button to try and avoid being slashed up the back. These enemies will generally wear bullet proof armour to encourage more close combat, targeting and for those who make it through there'll also be boss/harder foes to overcome.

With the shift in control also comes a more RPG-esque vibe with multiple paths, side eques and basic character levelling/upgrades - and whilst it doesn't have a huge open world, it's said to be not so linear either. You'll be revisiting areas after grabbing a new power/ability or two.

Finally, and for most, most importantly, there won't be multiplayer. The team really want to push the core mechanic, so that's the aim this time round, however there's still a chance it may be added at a later date (through DLC perhaps): "That would be cool. The world has changed, and we can do that sort of thing. I certainly think that would be cool. I'd buy it. But we need to be careful bringing out something that people think should be in the main game."

Thanks to [url="http://wii.qj.net/Red-Steel-2-details-more-RPG-elements-no-multiplayer/pg/49/aid/130935"]QJ.net[/url].

Posted

nnnnnooooooooooooooooo
I want guns

Posted

I don't even want this game. I just thought that Dustin would appreciate a News post.

But it could be good, the Wii Motion Plus thing will used, so it could make the gameplay a lot more deep.

Posted

IM GONNA GET NOOWS

Posted

I may get it. I like the idea of 1:1 motion recognition with the sword.

Posted

I heard Red Steel wasn't very good, but this one looks better. I'm not terribly interested though. I might get it someday, or rent it.

Posted

I have Red Steel, but I can't even finish it because it is REALLY boring. It was really cool when I first got it, back when the Wii had no games. But after playing Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4 Wii edition, and Super Mario Galaxy, I realized how lacking the controls and story are.

Posted

It /was/ one of the first wii games.
it was experimental.

Posted

Yes, I'm sure that now they've had time to get used to the Wii, they'll be able to make a much better game than that one. And in all fairness, it wasn't a horrible game anyway, so I'm sure they can make a successful game from it yet.

Posted

*bumpfortrailer*

[center][/center]