Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zelda Wii Artwork Leaked!

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Twilight Princess 2

I pitty the fools when I am right!

Posted

Closed door conference, no photography allowed, and the image got leaked anyways.

Alright, show of hands, who actually [i]didn't[/i] see this coming?

[quote]Unfortunately, the game will not arrive until next year at the earliest.[/quote]

You've got to appreciate that optimism.

Posted

Figures, it was only a matter of time before [i]something[/i] was leaked. This could very well be an elaborate marketing scheme by Nintendo designed to build up hype. If it is then there may be an announcement soon. But think about it, almost EVERYONE was expecting Zelda Wii to be announced at E3 (I certainly know that I was) It's been in development for long enough and if they can announce a sequel to Mario Galaxy after about a year than I don't see why they can't announce Zelda Wii after five. (which is the one thing about this years E3 that really annoyed me) Zelda fans all watched E3 expecting Spirit Tracks news in the Least. Then, They talk about Spirit Tracks for about ten seconds and have it playable on the show floor. Thus slightly disappointing Zelda fans from a lack of a console Zelda or Zelda in general. Then, Miyamoto talks to a few people the next day about how he [i]wanted[/i] to announce Zelda Wii at E3 but they wouldn't let him. Personally, I find that just a bit suspicious, Miyamoto is rather high up in terms of power in Nintendo. He knows what he is doing. If he wanted something like this he would probably get it. (Not to mention that Reggie said that he "reads the blogs too") Miyamoto also stated that he doesn't plan on announcing Zelda Wii until 2010 making every Zelda fan (or at least me) think: "well I can get excited about it next year" and killing any hype that may have been surrounding it. It is also made very clear that there was concept art shown at this meeting but everyone assumes that they won't be seeing it anytime soon and still killing the hype. Then, just a few hours after that information travels between virtually every Zelda fan site on the internet, one piece of this concept art is "leaked" onto the internet and is once again bouncing from fan site to fan site which makes everyone start theorizing and getting excited again. Now, I'm not sure where this is going to go from here, perhaps, if my theory is correct, we may see another fuzzy photo of the famed concept art or maybe not. Perhaps a Nintendo representitive will be talking to a reporter about E3 and just come out and say "oh and by the way, The Legend of Zelda: Ruto's Adventure (I really hope that isn't the name) is coming out for the Wii within the next few months." Or perhaps nothing will happen and they will leave us to theorize for a few more months and announce it at the next press conference or something. Either way, this seems a little fishy to me...and that isn't just because people are thinking that they see a Zora in the picture.

That is my extremely far-fetched idea. And you will all be put to shame when [b]I'm[/b] right.

As for my opinion on what this picture is of: At first I didn't notice the little blue blob, I just didn't, the picture is so fuzzy and so small I just can't. But I must admit that at first glance it does look a bit like a Zora. Perhaps the Zora prince from TP. This is somewhat supported by the fact that the logo appears to be Blue (ie. water) However by looking at it again I notice that it's floating. That could mean one of three things: The first being that it is just the terrible quality of the picture and nothing else. The second is that I noticed that it looks about the size of Midna in proportion to Link. This is supported by the fact that Everyone seems to like Midna and want her back and by the background which looks almost Twilight-ish. The third possibility is that it is a ghost. This is possible because of the fact that the colour is solid and not that of Midna (maybe it's the ghost of Midna) And the Logo seems rather ghostish.

Wow, that was a long post. Well, those are my theorys. I also noticed that the person who wrote it has the same name as me :joy: I don't really meet that many Jareds.

Posted

Oh. I definitely wasn't expecting the art to be leaked, Aethix. The year that TP was first showed (like 2004 or 05 or something) they had a secret extended trailer and no pictures or videos or anything of that ever left that room. Just descriptions. Which were pretty cool. And yes, Gingerlink, it had even more bad ass stuff that didn't appear in the final game.

Ah man, that'd be sick Jared. If everyone was all bummed then they said last minute, "oh hey guess what: BAM!" ZELDA TRAILER! Fangasms all over the showroom floor!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl was revealed in that fashion.

Posted

[quote name='Rain' post='224710' date='Jun 3 2009, 04:13 PM']OoT Remake.

Edit: You'll feel like fools when I'm right.[/quote]
if you read the link you would see they said and i quote "At the Shigeru Miyamoto roundtable tonight, it was revealed that an all-new entry in the Zelda series is in development."

Posted

I wasn't expecting Zelda Wii to be announced at E3, they already had spirit tracks, I don't see why everyone was so optimisitc.

You'll all feel like fools that I was right...

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='224723' date='Jun 3 2009, 11:34 PM']^Yes and no. What I mean is it would make OoT a trilogy.[/quote]
Little late for a trilogy dont you think.

Posted

[quote name='Miyamoto teases new Zelda Wii title' date=' dishes on Natal']The image shows Link in front of a fiery background. There's a ghostly-looking woman with a hat and a crystal pendant looking down sadly at his back. It's a beautiful image, but the only other hint is that it's very possible the game could be only played with Wii MotionPlus. "Of course, that depends on how well Wii Sports Resort sells. I'd like you to think of Zelda when you're playing with some of the swordplay in Wii Sports Resort," Miyamoto said.[/quote]

So that Woman might be... Minda!

That means, this might be a second legend of Twilight Princess.

Posted

[quote name='real link' post='224775' date='Jun 4 2009, 11:10 AM']if you read the link you would see they said and i quote "At the Shigeru Miyamoto roundtable tonight, it was revealed that an all-new entry in the Zelda series is in development."[/quote]
I think you missed the point of my post.

It was a joke.

You'll feel like a fool when you notice it was.

Posted

Note: It's the new freaking Zelda people, don't argue over it's awesomeness.
Fact: It's awesome.
Opinion: Jimmy Johns is the best resturant on Earth.

Posted

[quote name='skenno1' post='224795' date='Jun 4 2009, 11:03 AM']Little late for a trilogy dont you think.[/quote]
Your point? They could still do it. I mean look at Star Wars. It got 3 new episodes 30 years after its original release. OoT can get another sequel.

Posted

the 3 star wars prequels were already written before the first films came out, for what it's worth

Posted

[quote name='wetay' post='224818' date='Jun 4 2009, 02:25 PM']Opinion: Jimmy Johns is the best resturant on Earth.[/quote]

Fact: Olive Garden is the greatest restaurant in the universe.

Facts are superior to opinions BECAUSE THEY'RE ALWAYS RIGHT.

Posted

I know this may sound weird, but I wasn't actually expecting Nintendo to announce any Zelda news at all at E3...

Posted

Yeah, actually, I wasn't either.