Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shigeru's Patent Makes it Easier for the Casual

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Awhile ago, Mr. Miyamoto patented a certain type of hint system. It's been brought to light now. Also, he has decided not to talk about games for the hardcore at E3.

------

Source: [url="http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gamingnintendo-news/nintendos-making-em-a-bit-easier/#more-5745"]ZeldaUniverse[/url]

Miyamoto has introduced a new system, called demo mode. This mode will not complete the level for you, but it will show you how to do it. Once turned on when you can't progress any farther, the computer takes over and shows you what to do, then returns control to you; most likely in the spot you turned demo mode on in.

Though this points towards possible ramping up of difficulty for future titles like Zelda, it's possible it doesn't mean a thing.

Source: [url="http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/miyamoto-casual-zelda/"]ZeldaUniverse [/url]

Here Miyamoto states that he is not going to talk about hardcore franchises at E3, and that Zelda should be more accessible to the casual.

Furious? You're not the only ones. Why implement a hint system if you're going to make the difficulty on a casual level?
There should be difficulty settings.

CASUAL
EASY
HARDCORE

Sorry, but this really scrapes my teeth. They didn't try to cater to eight-year-olds with OoT, but it still succeeded with them. ;/

Posted

I say F*** the casuals. They're messing with MAH Zelda those ol' chaps.

Posted

I want difficulty levels. Now. e.e
If a casual gamer can't even get through a temple without someone holding their hand, they shouldn't be playing.

This is why I'm starting to lean more towards Sony.

Posted

Go sony Oh-Noes. I did, I got the PSP and the games are hard and satisying.

Posted

[quote name='Oh Noes' post='227279' date='Jun 11 2009, 10:35 PM']e.e[/quote]

Posted

That face made me giggle. XD''

Posted

traitor, it's fine, i don't really care, i can get through any Legend of Zelda game without walkthroughs so i won't be using it

Posted

I'm not a traitor. D| I'm broadening my horizons.
I plan on getting an Xbox 360 this year.

Posted

Nintendo is really starting to piss me the hell off...

Posted

Sony, you're starting to slip, but if you keep games like Shadow of the Colossus coming then I'll always be a fan.

Square Enix, keep it coming. Great job.

Capcom, step it up a little with the difficulty, but otherwise you're doing great too.

Microsoft, my response to you is similar to that of sony's, except you don't have any roots other than "Halo" which I can't say that I'm entirely fond of. But you're doing fine, keep it up.

Nintendo...sigh...You've got a long way to go to regain my trust. Difficulty should be upped more than it ever has been, you've let your hardcore games slip into the realm of casual, where no one will buy them because CASUAL GAMERS DON'T LIKE HARDCORE GAMES and HARDCORE GAMERS DON'T LIKE CASUAL GAMES. Stop effing around, who made your company excel in the first place? Was it the "casual" crowd? Hell no! It seems like you've ditched your faithful wife and started having sex with the hot maid. She has a fatal STD, Nintendo, and you will only be protected for so long. Get back to your wife and start some hardcore lovemaking and quit fondling the help. She may be gaining you respect among your peers now, but soon she'll be the death of you.

Posted

Well put.
Sahaqiel

Posted

you know, it's not exactly easy to create a zelda game with different difficulty settings aside from making three completely different games, as you'd have to change all the puzzles...

Also, I'm pretty sure when he says he'll be making Zelda more accessible to the casual, it will be VIA the hint system, allowing them to put much more trickier puzzles and things in without annoying anyone when they can't do them.

Posted

I think nintendo is not stupid.
when they say they will create game more accessible to the casual.
I don't think they will make it easy.
If they will do that, why they create "Demo mode" things at the first place right?
Last E3(2008) you guys complain about casual game.
this year they show hardcore game But still get complain a little like Mario galaxy 2,
they fear about it will not fresh enough for this title ....
I don't understand some "fanboys" about what do they want
They want great game but no time for them to think.
sigh...... -_-
(may be they want to see Link pull somebody head off or kill people to get some rupee)

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='227354' date='Jun 12 2009, 05:15 AM']Also, I'm pretty sure when he says he'll be making Zelda more accessible to the casual, it will be VIA the hint system, allowing them to put much more trickier puzzles and things in without annoying anyone when they can't do them.[/quote]
That's what I was thinking/hoping.

Posted

I'm not sure I get the complaints, considering that this is an OPTIONAL system you don't have to use at all. Is it really that different from the guides, walkthroughs, etc. that have existed for a long time? The ones you may use if stuck or confused, or may never view at all?

Think of it as an interactive walkthrough.

Zelda's level of challenge should be improved though; perhaps Difficulty Settings to keep it generally accessible.