Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shigeru's Patent Makes it Easier for the Casual

44 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Cowgurt' post='227476' date='Jun 12 2009, 01:25 PM']Doing things like this make the game [u][b]much[/b][/u] more enjoyable and above all, difficult. Try it, you'll be amazed.[/quote]

I never had to use the shield ever, because the only time they would really be useful is during Darknut fights, and it didn't have an effect on them anyway. Everything else fell over dead without much of a fight.
You use some really freaky terms, by the way.
By health expansions, do you mean Heart Containers? Or fairies?
For one, you'd have to look up which chests do and do not have heart pieces, which is just really annoying to do. What if it's important and you don't have a guide handy?
Two, fairies pop up out of jars you might be breaking for Rupees.
Three, Rupees were thrown at you like the chests had hemophilia and the Rupees were razors.
Four, you shouldn't have to TRY to make the game difficult. Wtf is this. Make the game a challenge in the first place.
It's like sanding down shapes so it's harder to fit them in corresponding holes.
If the shapes were complicated to begin with, it wouldn't be a problem.

But then, I don't want to feel like I'm doing something simple like fitting shapes into corresponding holes. :|
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='NintendoZeldaFan' post='227482' date='Jun 12 2009, 01:47 PM']Man i agree with you, i surely will not use this demo thing, i can beat ANY zelda game without hepl... i can remember the days when i used to try to defeat ganon with 3 hearts and the iron boots in OoT :D[/quote]
Now [i]that[/i] is hardcore.

People, we can whine and moan all we want, it's very blatantly obvious that Nintendo won't read [i]any[/i] complaints, and if they do, they just ignore them. Nintendo seems to be stuck in a false world of bliss and it'll be the death of them. I'm sorry to say it, but if they continue to handle things this way, it's probably going to happen.
Such a shame.

Posted

[quote name='NintendoZeldaFan' post='227495' date='Jun 12 2009, 02:33 PM']Saq its curious that you said that, the most hardest zelda games are Z2 and MM but, the best of all of them was OoT because its wasnt too harb and not too easy either[/quote]

Many people say Majora's Mask is much better than Ocarina of Time, and they're not the "Oh my gosh, best game" argument that most people use, but well thought-out reviews that bring up good points.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='227736' date='Jun 13 2009, 11:07 AM']Many people say Majora's Mask is much better than Ocarina of Time, and they're not the "Oh my gosh, best game" argument that most people use, but well thought-out reviews that bring up good points.
Sahaqiel[/quote]

What i'm trying to say is that we need a GOOD GAME, not a casual game, not a hardcore game, we need that nintendo remember how to make videogames, like the time of the N64, TP was a good idea for a zelda game; very good graphics, an inmense Hyrule, improved sword figthing, easy-mid level temples its like hey cool! :joy: , BUT! all the bosses was so deam weak! :angry: in 2 rounds of slashes i defeated the boss and i was like you died already? :unsure:,and....Hyrule was inmense but there were no people in it....
the OoT is the best zelda games (in my opinion) because it has all the things to make everybody happy, OoT actually is the EVERYBODYS GAME,

Posted

That's exactly what most of us are looking for.

Don't count on it actually happening.

Posted

Updated this news post with a category. :)

Posted

To me this system will be work or not it depend on Nintendo.
If they make it too easy ... game over. But for me I hope it might be work.
My girlfriend is not hardcore gamer in action game but she can beat Zelda TP and she said she love it.
In the area that too hard for her to handle (Like boss and some puzzle) she will ask me to pass it for her.
and for me that makes me become "Living Demo play System" for her and that make her beat it
when she beat it and found out "demo play system" exist, I realize that the concept is the same I did with my girlfriend.
That is the reason I hope this system might be work if it make player feel like some hardcore gamer play with them but not make spoil them too much.

for me Hardcore player think Nintendo abandon them because they have "Too much" skills in gaming.
OOT is the best zelda I everplay its not too hard but not easy and TP did it in the same way but I beat OOT so that make me feel TP easier
for me TP is OOT for new gamer.

Posted

TP is something to attract FPS-prostitutes. That's about it.
It's not like it wasn't good, but their intentions behind the game were kinda'. ;/
TP is not exactly for the hardcore, I would say. More like those who haven't played games but think it looks cool.
Lttp, OoT MM, and WW set a bar that apparently, Nintendo can't jump anymore.
Rather, won't jump. Really good risk taking and disregard for whining fans.
Sahaqiel

Posted

They make more money off of the hardcore fans, not the ones that give their games a glance.

Posted

Nintendo's hardcore fans are up a creek unless nintendo starts to listen to us. Let's face it, regardless of how easy or difficult the next Zelda is, we will still buy it :/ so our argument is moot unless we have the balls to resist buying the game. And none of us do.

Posted

This game'll be the last straw if it sucks. Nintendo [i]needs[/i] to listen to their fans every once in awhile instead of being stubborn bast[i]a[/i]rds. I don't think I'll be trying real hard to get the Zelda after this one if it sucks. And I [i]do[/i] have the balls to do that.

Posted

The thing is, IMO, none of the (Nintendo-published) Zelda games have sucked so far. I mean, some have been better than others, but as long as they're fun to play, I'll buy them. Still, I do expect Zelda games to be on a completely different level than every other franchise out there.

Posted

Zelda Wii isn't going to suck, of course, but I mean, it needs to be good. Better than the last.

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='231914' date='Jun 28 2009, 08:25 PM']The thing is, IMO, none of the (Nintendo-published) Zelda games have sucked so far.[/quote]
I agree with that. Zelda games are, and have always been, on a better level than most games. However, I think the recent Zelda games didn't live up to Zelda standards.