Game Freak Have Got The Right Idea!

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Today, Serebi.net reported that according to some scans of the new issue of Corocoro, Mewtwo, Latios and Latias are obtainable through Heart Golf and Soul Silver. And as we already know, Groudon and Kyogre are also catchable in the two games. It seems Game Freak has realized how difficult it is to get the older games now, and with Platinum and these remakes, it seems they're making it possible to recapture all of the Pokemon we needed the old games for off GBA. Considering the confirmation of Kanto, this might mean we'll be able to obtain the Kanto starters too, and maybe even Hoenn starters! What do you think of this? How else could Game Freak possibly improve HG/SS? These games are going to be a love letter to us Poke Nuts! Talk about fan service! :wake:

Posted

Cool, but how great can they expect to make another remake?

Posted

Heh that's gonna be a major kick in the nuts to anyone that's ever caught them all in the older versions... my god, what are they up to now with Pokemon, 400-500+? They've gotta be running out of ideas by now...

Posted

It's Serebii.net, by the way.

This is some good news. I haven't checked Serebii.net in awhile, so I might just make a quick visit to see what I've missed...

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

Cool, but how great can they expect to make another remake?

Well, if the game was great in the first place, it will still be great now. Gold and Silver are the best pokemon games. Hands down. They will still be great games now, as long as they don't puppy it up with new twists and such.

Okay, you can bring your hands back up.

Edited by zeldafancs (see edit history)

Posted

I think as long as they don't go and completely change everything that made the original great, this could turn out to be the best, and probably with all the additions the definitive Pokemon game. :D

Posted (edited)

Anybody else see the trailer that showed the Pokemon training pedometer?

I don't speak Japanese and I'm only seen the trailer, but I think that's what it's about.

Nintendo really wants us to exersize.

Can't wait to go to school and showing everbody how strong my Pikachu is.

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted

This Idea feels pointless since well it's only one generation ahead and is getting the old games that hard??

and why would need them so badly??

Would you really need all "special" pok

Posted

What was that little tiny digi-screen Pokeball thing? A PokeGotchi? wtf...

Posted

What was that little tiny digi-screen Pokeball thing? A PokeGotchi? wtf...

It's, what you call them, stepcounter??

MEaning you could shake it in order to get your pokemons stats up.

Geinus Nintendo! Geinus....

Posted

It's, what you call them, stepcounter??

MEaning you could shake it in order to get your pokemons stats up.

Geinus Nintendo! Geinus....

It's called the Pokewalker, and it has minigames on it too. I worry about that as well though... I don't think people in competitive play would bother though because I'm not sure if it gives EV's. I think it might actually... :confused:

Posted

The pokewalker also raises the pokemons level as you walk. I call that cheating, but whatever. It's easier.

Posted

I call that genius. Because, no matter where I am, I can train my pokemon. If I'm hanging out with friends who think pokemon is stupid? Keep it in my pocket. If I'm hanging out with friends who like pokemon? Show it to them. When I'm asleep at night? Pin it to the cat's collar and let her walk around with it.

This is gonna be awesome.

Posted

I call that genius. Because, no matter where I am, I can train my pokemon. If I'm hanging out with friends who think pokemon is stupid? Keep it in my pocket. If I'm hanging out with friends who like pokemon? Show it to them. When I'm asleep at night? Pin it to the cat's collar and let her walk around with it.

This is gonna be awesome.

Don't you worry about the people who just shake it for hours on end though? I must admit, it's even tempting me. But about what he said, that Cat thing IS genius! :joy:

Posted

1xp per step would work. You would have to make thousands of steps eventually and it would be more of a challenge.

Also good for getting that Magikarp out of the baby stages.

But I'd rather not be checking it the whole time to see if I need to remove a move to make way for more.