Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

that D*** movie Hercules

40 posts in this topic

Posted

EVERYTHING about that movie is messed up! Phobos and Deimos aren't little demons, Hades isn't evil and doesn't have a flaming head, the Titans are completely wrong, and THE F****** NAME IS HERACLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx for listening/reading.

Posted

:( That's the only old Disney movie, besides Toy Story, worth watching. I mean at least stuff is actually going on and it's actually based on something. Even though that something is Greek Mythology and everything in it is fake, but then again anything that has to do with religion is fake. So either way it's all fake, it's just a movie, and they can do what ever they want.

... Also I have no clue what I'm talking about anymore.

Posted

1: it's a disney movie, you have to change it all to get a G rating

2:Heracles is the Roman, Hercules is the greek. (goes along with the Jupiter is Roman, Zeus is Greek, same people, different names)

3:John Lithgow makes a fantastic Hades (who is sometimes depicted with a flaming head/body, at least in my old greek mythology class textbook)

Posted

Couldn't Disney get sued if it wasn't different as well?

Posted

WHAT???

Posted

^ If you mean different to another movie, then yes.

Yeah, Disney messes with everything. All those famous Disney Princess movies are based on more gruesome stories, from what I've seen. They kind of have to, although they usually get carried away.

More things to add to your list: His challenges weren't the same as in legend, I'm pretty sure the Muses aren't black chicks, umm... I haven't seen that movie for a while, so that's all I've got.

Posted

Hercules wasn't even Hera's son. He was never a full god, only a demigod, so Disney had to make up a bunch of poo about turning him mortal.

Still, Greek mythology is kind of R-rated, so Disney had to change a few things.

Posted

I had to learn about Greek Mythology. Hercules had sex with almost every woman he met.

Posted

Yep. He was a player.

Posted

^Indeed. Every Greek God was a player. Even Zeus. Even though he raped and then married his sister. That's f***ed up.

Posted

Yeah, the Greek gods were a bunch of douchebags.

Posted

Don't you understand? Hercules wasn't supposed to be right. If we doggiepooed about every movie that got something wrong, we'd have filled novels. Shut up and stop caring.

Posted

^ If you mean different to another movie, then yes.

Yeah, Disney messes with everything. All those famous Disney Princess movies are based on more gruesome stories, from what I've seen. They kind of have to, although they usually get carried away.

More things to add to your list: His challenges weren't the same as in legend, I'm pretty sure the Muses aren't black chicks, umm... I haven't seen that movie for a while, so that's all I've got.

Correct sir, you wanna read some gruesome crap, pick up the original unedited brother's Grimm Fairytales. Little red riding hood gets eaten, Rapunzel and her prince die, the gingerbread man leaves a wake of death and destruction. It's good stuff man.

The muses were actually depicted well in the movie, they were just the voices of the Gods, often women, race doesn't really matter in them. Many of the original tasks are overviewed in the sequence "Zero to Hero" However there are some missing, and the River Guardian was added, as well as the backstory of him being mortal. I also don't think Hercules ever did anything with Medusa or a gorgon.

To be fair to Disney, they have to change a lot to make it acceptable for all the little ones. A good movie about hercules is hard to do because it is very graphic and everyone has their own image of what it all looks like, take the Hydra or the Nemean Lion. Hard to do, however a couple of older movies (50's-60's) did a pretty good job if you can get over the acting and visuals.

All in all, it's an entertaining movie, and was well done for what it was.

Posted (edited)

You wanna talk about a messed up Hercules, look up Kevin Sorbo's "Hercules the Legendary Journeys"! I loved that show but it got MANY things wrong.

The only really god Hercules I've seen was a Tv movie from 2005.

Edited by Savanti Romero (see edit history)

Posted

Who cares if it isn't true to the mythology? It's meant to be fun and enjoyable for all ages, and it succeeds. It is still one of my favorite Disney movies. Unlike many of the Greek gods, this movie teaches morality and love over power and evil. Much better than the original plot, imo.