Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight Princess Speedrun

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't beat the game yet, but I'm starting a practice speedrun. I'll update this post when I make any progress. The method I chose to do it is to go through each of the segments once before actually speedrunning it. As I said before, this is just a practice run. If it goes well I'll try a real one when I beat the game and the practice one. If you know time saving glithces or tricks, please tell me. That would be very helpful. :) If you have any questions, post them and I'll answer.

I'll post some pictures when I have the chance.

PROGRESS

I couldn't upload the videos to Youtube because aparently it's too big (They're 3 min. long. >_>) So let me see if this works: What if someone helps me and I send him/her the videos via e-mail, and he/she uploads them to Youtube? Please, somebody help me! :lol:

Posted

haha. im speedrunning the game too. I can get to the Sewers in 19 minutes, but I think its possible in 15/16.

Heres the best path to take:

NOTE: SKIPPING CUTSCENES IS THE BEST GIFT IN THE WORLD. Use it :)

Segment one:

Skip cutscene, rush to epona, sidestep to the grass, blow into it, rush back to the village. When herding the goats, herd them in groups. My best time is 53 seconds. (Note: When the game asks you to save automatically, that is the end of a segment, unless otherwise noted.)

Segment two:

Again, skip. Climb down the ladders by dropping with the A button, then as soon as you get outside, sidestep immediately to your right. Run around the grass to get some quick rupees, and throw the rocks around Link's house. If you cant manage to get 10, yer gonna have to waste some time later. Roll into the village and roll around it. Rush to the dude you talk to, climb up the vines, skip the cutscene when you get to the bird. Then, grab the cradle and rush back over the jumps, take it to the lady. When she asks you to guide her back, run with the cradle up to her house. when you get the fishing rod, go over to her little name sign thingy. You can jump onto that via her porch, and then onto her roof from there. There's 20 rupees back here. (hence you only needing 10 earlier). After you have them all, Rush to the fishing spot, and fish as fast as you can. Once the cat takes the fish, swim over to the shop. Buy the slingshot, to open the chest in your house, and save. You just finished segment 2.

Segment 3.

Alright, exit the house, sidestep to your left. Rush to the bridge that has the gate on it. I believe it was you who asked about the bridge glitch? Here's where we use it.

Use it, rush to the next area, use the epona grass to call her, jump the fence, get the lantern, and go off normally as if you were saving the children.

HOWEVER, DO NOT TRY TO RETURN. There's a serious glitch i found; if you try to return with epona, the game will lock up and freeze. You cant have epona in that area; remember? This is a seperately loading area. So, when you try to take epona back, it tries to take link off; which it cant without a first given user command or a reaction to an enemy. Anyways, save the kid and the monkey, save, segment 3 is done. Oh, and, you got to keep your sword ;)

Segment 4.

This segment is just herding and crawling through the hole. Simple enough, i believe. When asked to save, do so.

Segment 5: I've only practiced this. I'll get back to you on this.

Posted

in goron mines, before you raise up to the ceiling un-assign the iron boots

you can walk normally up there

Posted

actually that is a glitch thats already well known about. the glitch in question is, you put the iron boots on while on the magnetic ceiling, and switch it with another item. you'e stuck up there, but can walk normally. you can take the boots off by re-equipping them, of course. but this glitch is exclusive to the Wii version :P

Posted

56 seconds for the 10 goats is por, i managed that first time with the 30...

i geuss that's just nitpicking though, lol :embarrassed:

I'll try this myself sometime, got a couple of extra ways to go through/complete tp

-get all items

-3 hearts

-speedrun

Posted

picture048vf0.jpg

picture0592qw3.jpg

picture proof :P. now, if i could do that kinda speed on the herding, i could easily be at 17.

Posted

I'll post all the videos I can on sunday, I'll be starting midterm exams in the 25th, and my dad wants me to stop playing and using the internet two weeks before. So that's like...3 weeks of extreme boredom. I'll play as much as I can in these days.

About the speedrun: I suck at the goat herding game. My best time for the second one was 2:30 min. I guess I need a lot of practice to improve there.

Thanks for your tips, but please don't tell me exactly what to do. I wanna find the fastest route by myself.

And guys, not to sound selfish or idiotic, but this is my speedrun topic, so please don't post your own run pictures or videos. Any help will be appreciated, though.

Thanks for all your tips.

EDIT: Finally, after two hours of practice, I managed to pull off the gate trick. I get it right in 4 out of five tries. And I also cut down the goat herding time to 30 seconds in the first part, and to 1:30 min in the second one. My goal is to beat the last one in at least 50 sec.

I'll also repeat the run, now that I know more tricks. Expect some videos on Sunday.

Back to practicing. :lol:

Posted

BUMP

Posted

Nice , i will try to pass all the game whit only 3 hearts..should be fun hehe

if i can , i will post some pictures ;p

Posted

Nice , i will try to pass all the game whit only 3 hearts..should be fun hehe

if i can , i will post some pictures ;p

WHERE's THE VIDEO ALREADYYYYYYYYY??? :cry:

Posted

try using google video ^_^

Posted

I forgot about updating the topic! :embarrassed:

So, I've just finished the Forest Temple with 40 minutes. It's not a great time, I know. But I'll get better!

I tried to use Google Video too, but it didn't work either. I'll post some pictures when I have te chance.

Posted

There is a massive amount of cool glitches you can use to improve your speed run on TP, and some just for fun. Check out SexyZora19's vids on youtube, here's one of them:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IxrnGYpSiLU

Posted

I love SexyZora's videos! I always check them out. ^_^

And thanks for the help. ^_^

Posted

i heard of sexyzora.......................................sorry once again............. :cry::cry: