Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Meaning behind your "Screen Name"

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Hm. Mine was created when I was trying to think of a good name to use for Halo 2 for Xbox Live (this was back in 2004). I kept thinking and thinking, staring at the golden elite that was me, and it just appeared out of nowhere: Vadarth. I cannot remember if I was thinking of Star Wars at the time.

Now I always use "Vadarth" or variations of it, like "Vadarth X".

And you may be wondering why I used "Vadarth X"? Well, I messed up with the first profile I created, so "Vadarth" became taken, and I always liked the letter "X".

Posted

I was really bored, so I decided to make a fake Wikipedia page. The entry was 'A rare breed of snake who lives in southern Afghanistan.' and the photo was of an orange. I didn't know what to call it, so I just mashed the keyboard and asked my brother to try and pronounce it. It sounded something like 'Frahugganiffle'.

Posted

I wanna know the meaning behind "Linkprow". Did he just spell "Pro" wrong or what?

Posted

Should be self-explanatory, except "Twilight" is based on "Twilight Princess," not vampires.

Might change it to something cool, maybe.

Posted

I wanna know the meaning behind "Linkprow". Did he just spell "Pro" wrong or what?

Nah my "friend" :unsure: used zeldaprow (Im not sure where that came from)then decided they were going to give me a runescape profile made my stinking character and made it linkprow so I just used it since I couldnt think of a better one to use and no one else has it so I can use it for every website I need a username for.

I might change it sometime if I think of a good one.

Posted

As you can probably tell, I'm a fan of Princess Zelda, so I used her name as the first part of my display name.

Drottningu came from the books; Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr in which there is a language called "The Ancient Language". Drottningu means Princess (Though the 'o' usually has 2 horizontal dots above it.)

So, if you put them together my name is 'Zelda Drottningu', which basically translates to 'Princess Zelda'. smile.gif

It also says it my sig.

Posted

Nah my "friend" :unsure: used zeldaprow (Im not sure where that came from)then decided they were going to give me a runescape profile made my stinking character and made it linkprow so I just used it since I couldnt think of a better one to use and no one else has it so I can use it for every website I need a username for.

I might change it sometime if I think of a good one.

And now I know, thanks a bunch.

Posted

Your welcome.

Posted

Phoenix Wright fans (if there are any here) will know what my Screen Name means. But some of you won't, so I'll explain it.

Maya Fey (http://www.court-records.net/chara-maya.htm) gives Phoenix Wright (http://www.court-records.net/chara-phoenix.htm) a stone called a Magatama. When Pearls (http://www.court-records.net/chara-frannyfey.htm#harumi) charges it with power, it gives Phoenix the power to see when people aren't telling him the full truth, and when this happens, you see a 'Psyche Lock'. You have to break the lock by showing them evidence that they do know more. Tah dah!

sweat.gif

Also, Magatamas are a kind of old jewellrey, something I recently found out myself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magatama

I chose it because I just like the sound of the word, and it links into to one of my fandoms. It just sounds... exotic, ya know? biggrin.gif

Posted

Ivo-goji

Ivo and Gojira

These are the "real" names of my two favourite fictional characters: Dr. Eggman and Godzilla.

Every true fan of the video game version of Eggman calls him Ivo out of indearment, while "Goji" is a common pet-name for Godzilla in the Kaiju fandom. Thus I am Ivo-goji!

My pen-name on fanfiction.net is also Ivo-goji; on deviantART it is Egg-Zilla.

So all tremble in fear before me, for I am Ivo-goji, Giant Monster Overseer of the Power Clan, the One Named of Two Great Destroyers, Bringer of Chaos and Disorder, the Terror that Flapps in the Night, the guy who makes up too many titles! I am the Egg-Zilla!

Posted

It´s not a big secret.

Tough I used the "TheMysterious" cause simpkly "Sheik" as a username was already taken.

Posted

LDGM = Let's Discuss Gravy Matters

Posted

I was thinking of the coveted "fourth piece" (I believe that there's 6 pieces, one for each element) when I signed up.

Posted

LDGM = Let's Discuss Gravy Matters

Indeed?

Posted

Don't listen to him. It's really Little Dogs Go Meow.