Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Meaning behind your "Screen Name"

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not really any special meaning behind my name.

I got Oh Noes from G333's personal picture back in the day. |D'' thought it sounded cool, so... yeah.

Kinda just stuck after that.

I use 'Oh Noes' or variations of that for everything. There's 'Noes', 'Noesy' 'Noesypoo', 'Noes Hoes', etc.

Then Mao came from this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgaea_3:_Absence_of_Justice#Characters

Mao is the shiz.

EDIT: Vio demands that I give it credit for introducing me to Disgaea/Mao.

Edited by Mao (see edit history)

Posted

Well I used to be Link15, because I like Link (duh) and in my opinion he is 15 in his 'adult Link' version from OOT (and yes I KNOW most people believe he is 17, but frankly I don't give a damn XD at the time I thought I had proof that young Link was 8 and not 10, but that doesn't matter at all)

But then Link15 all of a sudden became a popular name and I had to put 'Hylian' in front of it to distinguish myself. I don't have to explain the Hylian part probably (though the reason I chose that is that when I first played OOT I thought the discovery **SPOILER WARNING** that Link is a Hylian and not a Kokiri **END SPOILER** was one of the best plot twists in the game)

Posted

Oh Noes makes me think of one of the bosses in Illbleed, "Oh No! Man" XD

Posted (edited)

Vio Milanor... Vio Milanor... VIIIIIIIO MILAAAAAAAAAAAANOR-- n_n.gif Ding~themicrowaveisdone

Vio Milanor, Hm... This goes back a couple of years, that it does. |D When I was 10, I started drawing my own little comic books for fun. I'd bring them to school to show them around. They were a Legend of Zelda comic series, purely non-canon, sadly. It featured a character whom was based off of me and transported into the world of Wind Waker... Somehow, it eventually went from the Great Sea to Hyrule. o.o Weird, don't know about it. I stopped when I was 12. :C Yeah, although I did plan other stories with the two heroes together. No sense in continuing my rambling, getting off topic.

Through the years, I kept changing the character... I eventually established the name "Vio" for him, to replace his old crappy name. I came up with the name upon reading a particular series of manga. The name taken from my favorite character. The Violet Link.

Milanor came from my favorite character in "Yggdra Union", a Tactical game that can be found on the GBA and PSP... c: The Silver Wolf, Milanor!

FourSwordsPartI.jpgMilanor.jpg

http://www.creativeu.../yu-milanor.jpg

Edited by Vio Milanor (see edit history)

Posted

I just made up a word that I liked the sound of.

Posted

Mine came from the fact that I like swords (obviously) and that I wanted a name that was original. However, in a two-year gap in activity, my Hyrule.net account either was deleted or broke down. The name was still registered as "taken" so I went with my youtube name. I still have no idea how 12 people came up with that before me. Of course, this has also happened with a lot of other things I came up with. A few being "butt monkey", "I don't give a flying f*ck", and "go suck your mom's c*ck". I'm rather vulger when there aren't any filters. :P

Posted

TyjanIg is short for Tyjan Igarushi, which is a character in a cartoon that I've been making and scripting. Tyjan is also used to most of my charatcers I use in any game I play.

Tyjan was a name I thought up one day, and I don't know if it's original or not, but I always liked how it sounded.

My avatar says mmntw26 (Which is another screen name I go by), which is short for ''MegaMan: NT Warrior'', which I watched as a kid all the time when I was younger. The 26 is the day I started the account.

That about sums that up.

Posted

I created the name Ammonsa a few months ago, apart from one or two sites it is my internet persona. I love the name.

Posted

I Started with Addictee cuz i i enjoyed lots of video games.... LOTS of video games.

Then i changed it to Dr. Dimension after playing Super Paper Mario.

It was originally Dr. Dimentio, Cuz Dimentio is the awesomest character, but then i changed it to something less Nintendo.

Posted

Crocodiles. <3

Seriously, I love them.

Posted

Sewer Gators. <3

Seriously, I love them.

Posted

Sewer Gators. <3

Seriously, I love them.

Now you're speaking my language. <3 ♡ <3

Posted

Oh, naw. I'm speaking English... It's the TARDIS, it's filter is translating both of us so we may understand eachother.

Posted

I made my name the way OrganizationXIII made there names in Kingdom Hearts 2.

My real name "Olin" added an x "olinx" and mixed it up to make Linox.

I made up a character and everything just for that name, it was a big project for me.

Eventually I started using Linox as my name for games and most sites Im on.

Posted

My new one is a nickname which one of my Youtube friends came up with for me back when I was first editing in '07. =) Its a shortform of my Youtube name, "xxxEurekaxxx."

Older ones:

1. Zeldawii - Written as that when I first became a member here. This was because I was really excited for, "LoZ: Twilight Princess" on Wii. ^^;;

2. Saria_Kokiri - This was actually a vote. xD;; But in the end I chose this because I thought it was a good username, and Saria is my favorite Sage in LoZ: Ocarina of Time.