Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Meaning behind your "Screen Name"

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There is nothing more sacred to a Hyrule.net user than his Screen Name. It is our online identity, a version of ourselves that we wish we can be. But what do they mean, what's the inspiration behind them?

Post from behind the curtain and reveal those secrets now.

I'll break the ice:

When I was a kid, I had very few friends. But one boy, Jason Eastman a kid who lived in the same condominium complex as me shared a love of the 80's cartoon "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Interestingly Jason's uncle was Kevin Eastman co-creator of "Ninja Turtles". Thanks to his uncle I saw a side of the turtles that the cartoon didn't showcase, a bloody violent side that was much cooler than the Pizza eating, joke telling toon turtles. My Screen name is an homage to our favorite character, the banished wizard Savanti Romero.

Edited by Savanti Romero (see edit history)

Posted

My screen name was first used at Lego.com. My dad gave me the username because I was really into Lego and the old Lego skeleton figure. Then when I joined here I used the same name I used then.

Posted

When I made the name umbreon I was still crazy over Pokemon (not to say I don't still like it) and Umbreon was (is) one of my favorites...

Posted

Mine explains itself. XD

Posted

My should honestly be self explainatory just like Yuna_Rikku_Paine_Fanboy's.

Posted

Well, I first used this for my first successful Phantasy Star Online character on offline mode, a HUcast who reached like, mid-hundreds in level or so after two years of playing only offline. I couldn't remember where I first heard it until I got the internet, searched, and found out I must have heard it during an episode of Zoids one day, even though I could barely remember that.

Difference is, they have a space between the two words. Me, I just have them together.

Posted

I just thought it sounded cool, honestly. And now it's grown on me.

"Arcane" is an adjective that means "secret" or "hidden", etc. "Lord" obviously, is someone who holds dominion over something or somethings. So I am, in my interpretation, a mysterious, unknown, powerful entity.

Posted

It has something to do with a bottle of cider and The Whitby Wyrm poster. :>

Posted

Ninja Gaiden. |D

Back when I was in love with that game, whenever my friend and I LARPed my name was always Ryu, so I made that my name when I registered.

ryu

THE DARK ONE

Ryu

The Joker

Ryu

L

Ryu

My usernames.

Since then, though, Ryu has sort of become the other me.

Posted

Oh I thought you got the name Ryu from the guy from Street Fighter 2. I think he was in Street Fighter 2. I could be wrong though, but he was in SF.

Posted

Also, Ryu is Japanese for dragon.

Posted

Yes, there's a guy in Street Fighter 2 named Ryu. Pathetic excuse for a "Dragon". >:C

Ryu Hayabusa. Greatest Ninja EVER. |D

Posted

Hm. I didn't know that, Arcane.

I see now. I just figured that you got it from that.

Posted

zeldafancs is self explanatory, the C stands for my first name and the S is my last name.

Lionheart came after playing Final Fantasy VIII. Ever since I beat that game, I've used lionheart for everything, and I decided it was finally time to change. I love lions, too, and I've always wanted to be a lion if I could be any animal. It just fits.