Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If there ever was a Hollywood Zelda movie...

28 posts in this topic

Posted

... I think Jesse Spencer (Chase from House M.D.) should play Link XD

Just look at the resemblance:

Jesse-Spencer-hs03.jpg31268_Link_OOT.jpg

What do you guys think?

P.S. I'm sorry if there already is a topic about this, but I couldn't find one

Posted

It could work. I've always said an unknown would have to be cast in a Zelda movie. It's true that Jesse is on House but he has yet to break into theatrical films so yeah he'd be perfect.

Posted

Dude your totally right they look so much alike.

Posted

I would rather any possible Zelda movie stay Advent Children CGI. But of course, that's just me.

Posted

^ Agreed. That would be much better.

I personally don't want a Zelda movie, mainly because of Link's voice. It wouldn't feel right hearing him speak, and not having him speak because of some spell or something would be cheesy.

Posted

But if Link had to have a speaking voice, then Sasanuma Akira (Twilight Princess Link) should be the one to do it. His speaking voice is pretty decent enough, and it would match Link pretty well. Or for continuity's sake, Midorikawa Hikaru should do it again since he did Link's voice in the CD drama, even if he is Marth's voice.

Posted

^ Agreed. That would be much better.

I personally don't want a Zelda movie, mainly because of Link's voice. It wouldn't feel right hearing him speak, and not having him speak because of some spell or something would be cheesy.

In the fake IGN trailer, he was just told not to speak to anyone. And he didn't.

Posted

Well of course Link would have to speak. Dialogue is the key element of drama. Not having Link speak instantly means the movie will suck :) Besides, saying that Link shouldn't have to speak in the movie because he also doesn't speak in the game is basically saying that none of the characters should speak, because all they do in the game is the occasional moan or roar.

Now who should we cast for Ganondorf? :P This is a difficult one, because of his distinct features (dark skin/red hair). He shouldn't have a ridiculously large beard like in the IGN trailer. After all, he's not a 'monster' (yet), he's just a Gerudo male.

I was thinking Edward Norton because he has the 'look', but his body isn't Ganondorf-like at ALL :P He's way too small and skinny

Posted

Well of course Link would have to speak. Dialogue is the key element of drama. Not having Link speak instantly means the movie will suck :) Besides, saying that Link shouldn't have to speak in the movie because he also doesn't speak in the game is basically saying that none of the characters should speak, because all they do in the game is the occasional moan or roar.

Now who should we cast for Ganondorf? :P This is a difficult one, because of his distinct features (dark skin/red hair). He shouldn't have a ridiculously large beard like in the IGN trailer. After all, he's not a 'monster' (yet), he's just a Gerudo male.

I was thinking Edward Norton because he has the 'look', but his body isn't Ganondorf-like at ALL :P He's way too small and skinny

I've always said that actor Brian Thompson would make a good Ganon.

Posted

Yeah Link would have to speak. He does in the game, even if you don't hear him. He spoke with the girl in WW to keep her from stealing, and I know there are other instances when he'll say something. You don't know what he said, of course, but you know that he did respond.

Posted

^Doesn't he also talk in OoT when people ask for his name?

Posted

Of course he speaks, some of the conversations go like this:

"Hey what's your name?"

"Oh Link is it? That's a nice name."

So yeah he speaks, you just don't read what he says because you can derive it from what the other people respond. Actually, I find it quite annoying when they let your own character answer something, like they do in Runescape. But maybe I've just played too much Zelda so that I'm used to it :P

About Brian Thompson as Ganon, I don't know the actor but I've looked up some photos and yeah he might do the job :)

Posted

He speaks, but him having a voice would totally ruin it, I think. :/

Like really?

In Twilight Princess, he speaks with Ilia, moving his mouth with full implications of spoken word.

But I'd rather they pull off a voiceless Link.

I mean, movies are not defined by a story, motion, and a speaking main character. If they pulled it off in a video game, they could pull it off in movies.

I don't think the guy at the top suits him, by the way.

The jaw would irritate me the whole time, as well as the inconsistency between their faces.

Like Joshizzle said, stick with CGI.

Sahaqiel

Posted

... I think Jesse Spencer (Chase from House M.D.) should play Link XD

Just look at the resemblance:

Jesse-Spencer-hs03.jpg31268_Link_OOT.jpg

What do you guys think?

P.S. I'm sorry if there already is a topic about this, but I couldn't find one

Yeah, this is a random comment, but...he's an Australian. GO AUSSIES!! :)

Posted

I'm not hoping for one. I'm still pretty pi**ed about that Zelda Movie Prank on Youtube. They wasted all that money on effects and cotumes just to make it a prank.

Bstards.