Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sex Change

86 posts in this topic

Posted

there are women out there who could, though. just look at female body builders. and who says we're only talking about football? theres plenty of other sports out there. In fact I have no Idea why they havent integrated tennis or golf already.

Posted

But socrates, you said that women can compete with men, they just have to work harder. Doesn't that mean you agree that women can compete with men?

Yes, but I will also say that it is unfair to EXPECT every woman to compete in their sport against men.

Posted

looking at other sports where women compete at the same level as men, and even excel, I disagree with that. I think women would do fine in leagues like the MLB.

Posted

looking at other sports where women compete at the same level as men, and even excel, I disagree with that. I think women would do fine in leagues like the MLB.

Some would, yes, but most would not. Look at any olympic event, the base times for men and women, women always have a slower base time. Gold medal for men is always a faster time than women, VERY rarely is there a differentiation in that result. Would women do fine in the MLB? Some, but it's more competitive when they are able to compete amongst themselves. Also, if it was a truth that woman can ALWAYS compete at a men's level, then a male changing his sex to female, then competing at an olympic level wouldn't be a dispute. It is considered an unfair advantage. Also, while we are at it, MLB, MLS, NFL, and NHL have no formal rules against women competitors.

Posted

Just make going into the mens teams optional and that you can still stay in the women's leagues if you can't handle it.

Posted

Just make going into the mens teams optional and that you can still stay in the women's leagues if you can't handle it.

thats cool. I like that solution.

Posted

thats cool. I like that solution.

And that is pretty much what it technically is, like I said, the only two sports I can think of in the U.S. that the professional level that don't allow women are golf and tennis.

Posted

Well, in Australia most if not all professional sports don't allow women in.

It causes great controversy.

Posted

Well, in Australia most if not all professional sports don't allow women in.

It causes great controversy.

Ah, see, not an issue in the U.S. really. You don't see it, ever. But it doesn't have controversy becasue we technically don't ban it, but we have women's leagues anyway, it's....an interesting set-up.

Posted

Why be sexist anymore? I thought that was so 1800's? :/

If they're good enough, let them in.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I know, right?