Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sex Change

86 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't gang up on folks.

I normally view it as a one on one thing.

And if the other side has more people, well.

Sometimes I just waste whole days like this.

If I have allies, then it doesn't seem like a fair discussion, to me.

But it's appreciated.

My arguments are not to convert, but to provoke thought and open minds a bit wider.

And if something funny happens along the way, then I hope deeply we can all laugh it off later.

Even when soldiers are on or off the battlefield, they're just people.

And I treat them as such.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Saha, do you have well-thought-out philosphies for everything? It sure as heck seems like it.

Posted

I like to sit and daydream a lot.

How my feelings on things change or become backed up is through discussions like these, because they make me think more about how I express how I feel, or why I feel like I do.

They're kind of addicting, and they're really informative, once I start digging into researching.

Sahaqiel

Posted

One thing I love about debates is that I just might change my mind. especially since Im really bad at making decisions. hell, I still have no Idea where to stand on abortion.

Frankly I think I asked a question that will inevitably be answered by the end of the century, and I think topics like sex change are going to make us ask it. Is it time to integrate sports? By gender, I mean. Co ed locker rooms maybe not, but still?

Posted

Yeah. There've been studies that show males and females are just simply different, but I still blame society's standards of what is and isn't feminine or masculine, even though the studies somehow also somehow provided children that were completely removed from said society and were raised near children who didn't exhibit an already stereotyped view of what they should be like /sarcasm.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah. There've been studies that show males and females are just simply different, but I still blame society's standards of what is and isn't feminine or masculine, even though the studies somehow also somehow provided children that were completely removed from said society and were raised near children who didn't exhibit an already stereotyped view of what they should be like /sarcasm.

Sahaqiel

wait, what are you saying here? Im confused. does this have to do with integration?

Posted

It's really difficult to do co-ed sports without co-ed locker rooms. Especially in schools that don't have very much money. Another thing is that there are differences between men and women in physiological predispositions. Then fewer women would get to play competitive sports because the teams would mostly draft men. So I think that more integrated sports is a bad idea, especially at the post-pubescent level.

Posted

One thing I love about debates is that I just might change my mind. especially since Im really bad at making decisions. hell, I still have no Idea where to stand on abortion.

Frankly I think I asked a question that will inevitably be answered by the end of the century, and I think topics like sex change are going to make us ask it. Is it time to integrate sports? By gender, I mean. Co ed locker rooms maybe not, but still?

I don't know about you guys, but I had three girls on my HS football team, I had two girl wrestlers, and we had girls on our Ultimate Frisbee team.

There are sports that girls are separated into because, no offense girls, girls can't compete. Lets look at swimming, a girls body is curved, larger at the hips, created drags, a guy is broad at the shoulders and, for the most part, tapers down, my state time for the 100 Freestyle was 54.22, For a girl, that is almost Olympic Quality, whereas for me, I wouldn't be near competitive. Tennis, the worlds fastest serve is by male, powershots are just easier for men again due to wide shoulders, larger muscle development due to hormone differences in males and females, and balance, because of the whole Taper body style thing.

Even dance, when you look at it, is easier for a male to do, look at turns, it is easier to turn when your whole body weight tapers to your support foot as opposed to having fluctuations in your rotting mass. It isn't sexist, girls simply have to work harder to be competitive in sports, and they do a damn good job at it, but it would be unfair to anyone who did not devote their entire life to a sport to be expected to compete against natural advantage.

Posted

That's quite a sexiest remark.

Posted

What's quite a sexist remark?

Posted

The last thing Socrates said. I know that there's plenty of woman out there who could kick a guys butt. Litertally.

Posted

Try reading his post again. He never said boys were better. Just that they don't have to try as hard because of the way they're built.

Posted

I'm pretty sure I read something about girls being bad at sports.

Posted

Girls aren't bad at sports. Girls, as a whole, are worse than boys at sports. It isn't because boys work harder or anything. Boys are just built better.

Posted

Try saying that to a Female Wrestler.