Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Disney buys Marvel for 4 billion Dollars!

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Disney announced it's plans to buy comic powerhouse Marvel comics for $4 Billion. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Marvel Comics are geared to people of all ages from kids(Marvel Age) to teens(Ultimate Marvel) to adults(Marvel MAX). Just as long as Disney stays out of Marvel creative control things will be fine, the second they try to censor things we'll have a problem. SO KEEP YOUR MITTENS OF MARVEL, MICKEY!!!!

Posted

Oh yeah... I just heard about that this morning on some forums my father goes to.

My father and I hope that they'll get rid of some of the idiotic things now... Making Marvel the way it used to be. I have a few doubts and fear of what may actually happen but only time will tell me if they're true or not. My views on the subject aren't quite that powerful though... I don't really pay much attention to comic books like these but... Since I was a kid, I have liked comic books. Marvel comics were one of the first I've ever gotten my hands on. I must say, I am sorry for Marvel.

Marvel has yet to approve the purchase yet though, so there's always the possibility that Disney doesn't actually buy out Marvel, right?

Posted

Oh yeah... I just heard about that this morning on some forums my father goes to.

My father and I hope that they'll get rid of some of the idiotic things now... Making Marvel the way it used to be. I have a few doubts and fear of what may actually happen but only time will tell me if they're true or not. My views on the subject aren't quite that powerful though... I don't really pay much attention to comic books like these but... Since I was a kid, I have liked comic books. Marvel comics were one of the first I've ever gotten my hands on. I must say, I am sorry for Marvel.

Marvel has yet to approve the purchase yet though, so there's always the possibility that Disney doesn't actually buy out Marvel, right?

It's all up to the Shareholders now, Marvel is a publicly traded company after all.

What idiotic things do you mean?

Posted (edited)

No idea whatsoever, Savanti. That's what my Dad said, so I was just quoting/agreeing to it because I had nothing else to say at the time. Though, I must say... For some reason, I used to enjoy Marvel a whole lot more than I do now.

I could do with a bit less crossover to be honest though. It was nice that they were bringing Captain America back though... I can't even keep up with comics these days. It's like... Yugioh. It's just so biiiig now.

Edited by Vio Milanor (see edit history)

Posted

No idea whatsoever, Savanti. That's what my Dad said, so I was just quoting/agreeing to it because I had nothing else to say at the time. Though, I must say... For some reason, I used to enjoy Marvel a whole lot more than I do now.

I could do with a bit less crossover to be honest though. It was nice that they were bringing Captain America back though... I can't even keep up with comics these days. It's like... Yugioh. It's just so biiiig now.

There are no crossovers, Marvel titles take place in the same reality, the prime one known as 616. I like Marvel because of that fact.

Posted

Oh... I see. o: Sometimes I wasn't quite sure of that. I mean, it's always been confusing to me. :c Like that whole Spiderwoman thing.

Posted

Spider-Woman shares a somewhat similar origin to Spider-Man. Her name is Jessica Drew, when she was young she was poisoned by Radiation. To save her life her father injected her with irradiated spider blood (much like the irradiated venom Peter was injected with). She was cured and everything seemed fine. Until she was kidnapped by a mad scientist called the High Evolutionary, he planned to use her in his animal evolution experiments and placed her in an evolution accelerator chamber. When she emerged years later she had powers similar to Spider-Man's but not the same.

Posted

I know all that... o: But there were like so many different stories...

Like, one of which... Where she was the daughter of Spiderman and The Black Cat... Or something. One of them, she was a clone of Spiderman.

Orz, I dunno. Just look at me rambling on... As said earlier, I can't keep up with this stuff very well anymore.

Posted

Great. Now Disney wants to monopolize comic books and related merchandice. Say hello to lots of cheap toys and PG superhero movies.

Jessica Drew

There's a girl at my school with that name.

Posted

I know all that... o: But there were like so many different stories...

Like, one of which... Where she was the daughter of Spiderman and The Black Cat... Or something. One of them, she was a clone of Spiderman.

Orz, I dunno. Just look at me rambling on... As said earlier, I can't keep up with this stuff very well anymore.

You're thinking of May "Mayday" Parker aka Spider-Girl, the daughter of Peter and Mary Jane from the M2 (Marvel 2) universe. An alternate future where Peter after having lost a leg retires from costumed heroics and joins the NYPD as a CSI.

Great. Now Disney wants to monopolize comic books and related merchandice. Say hello to lots of cheap toys and PG superhero movies.

If the deal goes through, they will have to be part of an Antitrust investigation to ensure there is no monopoly.

Posted

Not to sound negative, but Marvel is screwed.

Posted

i cannot believe this.....

so unbelievable, i skipped all but the first, second and last post....

but.....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Posted

Eh, I've never really been a Marvel reader, so...

[insert Hannah Montana-related jive here]

Posted

Hahaha

You get the best of both worlds :)

Posted

Coming soon, from Disney/Marvel productions (?)... Beauty and the Hank McCoy!