Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Disney buys Marvel for 4 billion Dollars!

56 posts in this topic

Posted

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. LIEK... IMAGINE A SPIDEY SORA. OMG WANTWANTWANT!11!111one!11!!!111 liek yes yes yes.

Posted

Holy Crap! XD Both DC and Marvel have a Captain Marvel?

In 1940 a small comics company called Fawcett Comics created Captain Marvel (the superhero you have pictured) DC saw this a copyright infringment on their Superman character and sued and subsequently won. Fawcett stopped making Captain Marvel and eventually folded. In the meantime, Marvel created a character also called Captain Marvel. DC bought up all of Fawcett's characters and folded them into their DC Universe (including Marvel, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. and the rest of the Marvel Family). But because Marvel Comics held the copyright to the name "Captain Marvel" DC cannot openly call them the Marvel Family, so they go by the word they shout to activate their abilities... Shazam!

Spider_Mickey_2.jpg

Posted

If you just drew that... I love you. O:

Posted

About a week ago, just felt like posting it.

Posted

Spider_Mickey_2.jpg

I loled at that. and I was just saying what my friend said....or something like it.

but guys Disney made the Narnia series and Pirates of the Caribbean. and pirates is PG-13...i think.

Posted

I'm pretty sure Disney wasn't involved in Narnia. As for Pirates, the movies are based off of an old Disneyland ride, but I don't think Disney actually helped make it. They just hold the rights.

Posted

It's all f"d up now. Disney and Marvel are completely screwed. I really don't know why those idiots went and did this deal.

Posted

^Would you do it for 4 billion dollars?

Posted

I'm pretty sure Disney wasn't involved in Narnia.

No, Disney was involved in Narnia, but I think only at the production level.

I don't think the Disney takeover isn't going to change much. Even though Disney owns Marvel, they are still two separate corporations. Disney is not going to be directly involved with Marvel, they'll probably mostly just make business decisions. I imagine that the writers and most of the employees will stay the same, with the possibility of some restructuring.

tl;dr: There won't be much of a change at the consumer level. Most owners are pretty much alike, and Disney, like Marvel's previous owners, is mostly concerned with making profits.

Posted

This might actually be a good thing for Marvel, with the new financial backings they might be able to by back X-Men, Daredevil and Fantasic four movie rights from 20th Century Fox and Spider-Man from Sony. Who wouldn't want to watch a big screen adaptation of the "Civil War" crossover event? And how about a collaborated Marvel/Pixar film?

Posted

First of all you jackass I'm not a Teen. I'm a soldier of the United States Military. Secondly I'm talking about what is and isn't appropiate for kids. There are things on Marvel that aren't even close to appropiate for them.

One of them being the MK vs DC Universe game.

Posted

Disney wont censor it.

They have a hidden line in Alladin, from the genie:

"Good teenagers take off your clothes"

Posted

Kingdom Hearts with Spiderman.

Posted

Kingdom Hearts with Spiderman.

= Pure Awesomeness

Posted

kingdom hearts with bill bailey = pure awesomness