Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okami sequel headed to DS

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Capcom confirmed with [i]Famitsu[/i] magazine an [i]Okami[/i] sequel is headed to Nintendo DS, scheduled to release in 2010.

------

[float][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Joshua_hatesYOU/okamiden_scan_2.jpg[/IMG]
A Famitsu scan depicting Chibiterasu.[/float]

[i]Okamiden: Chisaki Taiyou[/i] (roughly [i]The Okami Chronicles: Tiny Sun[/i]) is the direct sequel to the Playstation 2-turned Wii port [i]Okami.[/i] Set months after the original, [i]Chisaki Taiyou[/i], the protagonist switches from Amaterasu, the original main character and sun goddess of Japanese mythology, is now known this time around as Chibiterasu. Chibiterasu is called upon by Sakuya in Amaterasu's place and is accompanied by Issun to solve various puzzles using the Celestial Brush, a control scheme Okami was highly praised for and led to its Wii release. Along with Issun, other confirmed companions include Kuninushi, the son of Susano from the original game.

[i]Chisaki Taiyou[/i] will take on the cel-shaded look and famous sumi-e artistic style its predecessor is well known for. Okami's creator Hideki Kamiya also publicly stated the game was heavily influenced by the [i]Legend of Zelda[/i] series. [i]Okamiden: Chisaki Taiyou[/i] is confirmed to be 25% into its development, with a target release date for sometime in 2010 in Japan.

Posted

Yayz!!! I loved Okami on my PS2 and Wii. So, when this comes out I am definately going to buy it!

Posted

ds+okami= :eek:

Posted

Aww... Chibiterasu is cute. :) I want this game. I'll probably play the original Okami first, though.

Posted

My friend loves this game. He has been trying to make me get this game for Wii. I was going to get it, but my screwed up and said it was cel-shaded. If my friend had a DS I would get this game for him though.

Posted

YLA, quit being so dang stubborn about not playing cel-shaded games. I bet you didn't even play Beyond Good & Evil because its art was slightly cel-shaded! >< You're missing out on some awesome games because of such a stupid decision to not touch cel-shaded games.

Posted

I don't play what? Never heard of it.

Posted

Man, I'd so try to buy this. :c I always wanted the first Okami, and our Chibi new hero is so cute.

I also love the Cel Shaded look to some games. o:

Posted

okami never got the praise it deserved.... it was all taken up with legend of zelda hype.

there are some good [url="http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-061509.php"]okami fan comics[/url] around...

Posted

I LOVE Okami. YES this is amazing!!!!

Posted

Okami is win, I'll be getting this game the day it comes out.

I like the graphic style to Okami, I feel if they didnt use that style it would of been less appeling to me.

Posted

HELL YES! I recently bought Okami, although I haven't yet got that far in. A sequel proves Capcom still have hope for Okami, which is GREAT!! because Okami IS BLOODY BRILLIANT! :laughy:

Posted

[img]http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg[/img]

Posted

The game was lost on this one.
It was very good on the Wii/ PS2. (trying to wrap up my 100% run in god mode)
Though I feel the transition to portable not as likable.
Also the way Okami ended, it really doesn't need a sequel.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='03 September 2009 - 08:33 AM' timestamp='1251984797' post='250648']
My friend loves this game. He has been trying to make me get this game for Wii. I was going to get it, but my screwed up and said it was cel-shaded. If my friend had a DS I would get this game for him though.
[/quote]

I'm going to punch you in the jeans.

[url="http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8245&view=&hl=okami&fromsearch=1"]Cel-shaded Graphics[/url]

[quote name = 'Y. Link Addict']Ok so today my I was playing that one game with the wolf... It Okami or something like that, but for some reason when I was playing it I didn't get a headache, and so I came home, and played WW, and I got a massive headache like always. I don't get why when I play Okami I don't get headaches, but WW still does. :wacko: Is it that I hate WW so much that it was the game itself that gave me headaches, and not the graphics? I'm confused. [/quote]

Looking back, about everyone else in the thread also wanted to punch you in the jeans.

But I digress.
You liked Okami.
So shut your mouth and open yourself to some really good games.
It's only a style.

"Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:50 PM"

I RETAIN THIS STUFF, MAN.
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.
Sahaqiel