Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

War on Sex

76 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think the Bible ever says it's a sin to have sex before marriage. In the 10 commandments, they never mention sex before marriage at all. But if you want to wait, it's perfectly ok.

I honestly think that if the time is right, with the right person, and above all, if those persons love each other, it's ok if the have sex before getting married. Don't flame me for my opinion... It happened once and it was not very nice... :mellow:

Posted

dude?

i heard everyone i know thats catholic and christain and they always told me that its bad/a sin to have sex before marriage

i dont know if its a real sin but i heard it was sin-like, i guess....

Posted

1. Catholics and Christians are the same thing

2. Sex before marriage is wrong, because if you can't control your desires to wait, that is called lust. Lust is a sin, which makes that a sin.

3. There are more sins than just the ten commandments

Posted

I'm not gonna argue with you about this. We have different opinions and I respect, but not support yours. That's the last I'll say about this topic.

Posted

Only what? 4 people know what they're talking about here. heh

Posted

really

name them....

Posted

They don't want pregnant females in my school at least... :mellow:^_^

Posted

my friend, i found out, is pregnant and now she doesnt go to my school anymore

Posted

:/ hmm.. well I know it is very ideal for people to wait until marriage to have sex.. but the reality is that this usually is not the case. :embarrassed: I'll bet 90% of you have parents who had sex at some point before they married (and I'm not just talking about penetrative. I mean any form of it).

Its very easy to say you want to wait, until you actually meet someone that you have fallen in love with. I'm not talking a flavor of the week one week we're together and the next we're apart.. I mean full blown, can't bear to be without him/her long term love.

In all honestly, a relationship can't really survive without some form of intimacy.. The couple gets irritated, stessed, and distant. Think of love between the two partners as being two seperate pieces, and sex as he glue that holds the two together.

Love turns everything upside down on its head :embarrassed:

Posted

:wub: I agree. . . :cry:

Posted

Don't I know it, and Love seems to have made most of my morals disappear... :wacko:

::Wanders off to find his morals::

Posted

:/ hmm.. well I know it is very ideal for people to wait until marriage to have sex.. but the reality is that this usually is not the case. :embarrassed: I'll bet 90% of you have parents who had sex at some point before they married (and I'm not just talking about penetrative. I mean any form of it).

Its very easy to say you want to wait, until you actually meet someone that you have fallen in love with. I'm not talking a flavor of the week one week we're together and the next we're apart.. I mean full blown, can't bear to be without him/her long term love.

In all honestly, a relationship can't really survive without some form of intimacy.. The couple gets irritated, stessed, and distant. Think of love between the two partners as being two seperate pieces, and sex as he glue that holds the two together.

Unfortunately most people are so desperate that they convince themselves they are in love before they are and screw up big time. Having sex early because you think youre in love in dangerous. Unless youre older, chances are you arent in love, just lusting and going long with the corporate culture that pushes lust and codependency. It's much more profitable. ;) Take it slow and make sure its the right person. If they can wait then they are special. If they get fed up and ditch you, youre better off not giving it away to someone like that.

Posted

Unfortunately most people are so desperate that they convince themselves they are in love before they are and screw up big time. Having sex early because you think youre in love in dangerous. Unless youre older, chances are you arent in love, just lusting and going long with the corporate culture that pushes lust and codependency. It's much more profitable. ;) Take it slow and make sure its the right person. If they can wait then they are special. If they get fed up and ditch you, youre better off not giving it away to someone like that.

Well said.

I couldnt agree more.

Posted

Indeed. . .

Posted

Of course, I agree as well. That's why I said that there is a difference between love and a quick, adolescant fling.

But I do think there are exceptions. I have friends who have dated all through highscool and college, and bam, now they're happily married. I think that love is possible at a younger age, so I won't judge someone who has a sexual relationship ^^' I believe its all a learning experince, and it should be the individuals choice, not society's.

People make mistakes all the time. But one mistake I never want to make is to put sex up so high on a pedestal its practically an excuse to get married. I know women who set deadlines on their boyfriends to pop the question, its ridiculous! X_x I think thats where barring sex until marriage becomes less of a moral issue and more of a hook, that often times results in a rushed engagement, and then an unhappy marriage :wacko: