Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

War on Sex

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Of course, I agree as well. That's why I said that there is a difference between love and a quick, adolescant fling.

But I do think there are exceptions. I have friends who have dated all through highscool and college, and bam, now they're happily married. I think that love is possible at a younger age, so I won't judge someone who has a sexual relationship ^^' I believe its all a learning experince, and it should be the individuals choice, not society's.

People make mistakes all the time. But one mistake I never want to make is to put sex up so high on a pedestal its practically an excuse to get married. I know women who set deadlines on their boyfriends to pop the question, its ridiculous! X_x I think thats where barring sex until marriage becomes less of a moral issue and more of a hook, that often times results in a rushed engagement, and then an unhappy marriage :wacko:

Hooray, now somebody gets it. Sex is important, but it shouldn't be placed above everything. I, personally, can imagine myself doing something like that for sex. (Oh the horror, I'm so ashamed of myself).

I want to get married, yes, but not until my 20's. I don't care if I meet the best girl for me ever, I want to wait for a while. But in the meantime, I want to have some fun. Sex is fun, it is supposed to be fun, we don't release the various "happy" chemicals into our brain because it is a bad experience. I will explain further:

There are essentially 3 types of sex, Recreational, relational and reproductive. Any act of sex can be just one, or a combination of more.

Recreational: A common type of sex in this day-and-age. Specifically for fun, it is rare to not have sex this way. Often combined with relational sex to strengthen the bond in a couple.

Relational: Rarely do a couple have sex without it being relational. Almost every time a couple has sex it is partially to strengthen the amount of emotional bond between the two people.

Reproductive: Obviously to reproduce, the most basic element of sex. Again, it is often also relational as well.

Think on that for a while. Sex is often a very important part of a relationship and without it both people get frustrated and may go on to have affairs. That will[/] ruin a relationship.. :wacko:

Also, you often find many teenagers that will declare love one day, then break up the next. Its pathetic... With my not-a-girlfriend-but-more-than-a-friend I believe that if it is going to work out between us (there are a lot of problems beyond our control that prevent it working) it will, in the future. I hate Fate, but maybe he'll be generous... :D

Posted

I do think it is possible to find love at a young age. Should they have sex? Probably not. Though, like Aatch said, sex can strengthen a relationship, young lovers should withold themselves, because of what dustin said. Having sex too young might damage a relationship, and young love is often false love. You don't want to regret anything when you get older, don't want to have a chip on your shoulder if that girl or boy was not the right one. You should be absolutely sure you've met the right person, get married, then have sex. Since the legal age is 18, a young couple should at least wait until then and get married before they have sex.

Posted

Sadly, most people I know ended up regretting losing their virginity to the person they did.

Some of them didnt mind at the time, but 3 months, 6 months or even a year down the road when the girl or boy turned out to be a real.... not a nice person.

At the end of the day, Its my opinion that its almost impossible to lose your virginity and not regret it later on - so many people do. But it is a learning experiance, people often change without you noticing & to be careful with who you sleep with (and always use protection!).

Just remember its not a race to get rid of it. Take your time and see what happens.

Posted

Losing your virginity doesn't have to be a regrettable experience. The girl I lost mine to I knew a year before hand. A couple I know that are my age have been together for about 2 years. If you think that losing your virginity at a young age will be a thing that you regret, you really haven't looked at the whole picture. Yes, the legal age for consenting sex is 16, but that doesn't mean you can't have sex before that. I'm more worried about my family finding out, I don't think that it would be toooo bad, but I'd rather that they didn't find out.

Ultimately, I think that losing your virginity is a part of life, in a day and age when girls have a much larger say in their life, non-virgin girls are not scorned. Remember that marriage was implemented at a time that the only women that weren't virgins and unmarried were prostitutes. Even today prostitutes are not exactly prasied :D.

Posted

:/ hmm.. well I know it is very ideal for people to wait until marriage to have sex.. but the reality is that this usually is not the case. :embarrassed: I'll bet 90% of you have parents who had sex at some point before they married (and I'm not just talking about penetrative. I mean any form of it).

Its very easy to say you want to wait, until you actually meet someone that you have fallen in love with. I'm not talking a flavor of the week one week we're together and the next we're apart.. I mean full blown, can't bear to be without him/her long term love.

In all honestly, a relationship can't really survive without some form of intimacy.. The couple gets irritated, stessed, and distant. Think of love between the two partners as being two seperate pieces, and sex as he glue that holds the two together.

Love turns everything upside down on its head :embarrassed:

just to say this

my parent!!! (not parents since i dont know who my dad is......)

, mom never did it before marriage......

DANG!!!!

this generation is bad!!

everyone is losing it tooooo fast

but i still respect all of you

Posted

Losing your virginity at an early age doesn't mean you're a bad person. If you don't want to, don't do it, but don't go calling us "bad persons" because we think differently. >_>

Posted

dude?

whats going on?

i thought we were best friends

arent we?

i said i still respect u guys

especially u

and if u think i will hate u..

tnen maybe i really shouldnt be here in this world

:cry:

Posted

What the...? We were never best friends. >_>

Posted

Don't expect much from life, but I just wish everyone would agree on some things...Life's a constant battle with ourselves and each other. Such a topic as this is definitely going to bring about conflict as was witnessed just then, so this one might as well be closed.

Posted

ZuZu, I think it was, described my best friend. His girlfriend is pregnant because they move too fast. Theyve been going out on and off for about a month and he goes through girlfriends uickly. I try to warn him that hes moving too fast but he seems to think he loves this girl, but i know him better than that. He planned out the whole thing after it's born, so he isnt completely immature, but it goes to show how desperate and careless people can be.

Posted

They should of used some kind of contraception.

Posted

No way...

Posted

*Adds BoomByeBye to Hyrule.net's Jerks List.*

Posted

Play nice now.

I am in a similar situation BoomBoomBye, I recently found out one of my best friends was having frequent unprotected sex with his girlfriend and I went off at him for it.

Its especially bad for your friend though who sounds as though he's in a 'red light, green light' relationship.

I dont think I ever want to have kids, but if i do it will be in my late 20's or so.

Say goodbye to your social life.

Posted

I wouldn't mind kids. But I want to have them inside of marriage, and I'm not gonna get married until I finish Uni and have a steady job, so like mid-20s...

Unprotected sex is just stupid. Yes having sex impulsively is fun, thats why I've got into the habit of carrying a condom around in my wallet. I always have my wallet with me, so I always have a condom with me...