What is Ganon's status at the end of TWW?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

This is a question I came up with. I think that Ganon is dead at the end of TWW. What do all of you think?

Posted

The only real one I think he's dead in would be Twilight Princess, as you see the Triforce of Power fade from his hand and he just stands there. That seems more like he's dead. TWW just seems like he was encased in stone... but then again, it could be like Guild Wars Factions where Shiro was killed by his body being sealed in Jade... Ah, I dunno.

Posted

The only real one I think he's dead in would be Twilight Princess, as you see the Triforce of Power fade from his hand and he just stands there. That seems more like he's dead. TWW just seems like he was encased in stone... but then again, it could be like Guild Wars Factions where Shiro was killed by his body being sealed in Jade... Ah, I dunno.

Ganon was mortal at the end of TWW and he was stabbed in the head. So I think he's dead.

Posted

I dunno... I think he still had his piece of the Triforce. Perhaps he still bore it, and that's why he didn't just die, he turned to stone. I don't think it explicitly stated that he was mortal... And even though he was stabbed in the head, he turned to stone... I mean, in OoT he was stabbed in the head, but he still lived and ended up returning in TWW, if you think about it.

Posted

I dunno... I think he still had his piece of the Triforce. Perhaps he still bore it, and that's why he didn't just die, he turned to stone. I don't think it explicitly stated that he was mortal... And even though he was stabbed in the head, he turned to stone... I mean, in OoT he was stabbed in the head, but he still lived and ended up returning in TWW, if you think about it.

It left him to form the complete triforce in TWW. He still had it in OOT. OOT he is still alive. TWW, possibly dead.

Posted

I actually discussed that with my friend. He said that it's barely noticeable, but after the wish is made, you can see the pieces of the Triforce return to its holders. So apparently he DOES have it (I was discussing the placement of ALttP with a friend)

Posted

I actually discussed that with my friend. He said that it's barely noticeable, but after the wish is made, you can see the pieces of the Triforce return to its holders. So apparently he DOES have it (I was discussing the placement of ALttP with a friend)

The triforce split and left the area (probably to the surface). It didn't return to its holders. Hopefully ST will tell us what happened here.

Posted

Going to move the thread, now.

Please read the rules.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Going to move the thread, now.

Please read the rules.

Sahaqiel

is this not a theory? This is debated by many.

Posted

No, it's not a theory, as you just stated your opinion and give MANY facts to support that theory... This is a discussion.

Posted

I'd say he's dead. Even if one were to take out the sword, and in theory, free Ganon, he'll still have a deep gash through his freaking brain.

Now, trying to look at it from the developer's stand point, I'd say they had him turn to stone so they wouldn't get a more mature ESRB rating and a bunch of mothers and Jack Thompsons on their case for it being too violent. I mean, the alternative would have Ganon lying down with blood pouring out of his head. Ok, so they probably wouldn't animate blood, but still, a corpse is much more macabre than a statue. But of course, it's totally possible that they just did it to open the possibility of his return and trigger discussions like these.

Posted

He had a sword thrust into his melon, judging by the length it went completely throught and possibly severed his spine as well. So I'd say he's pretty much door nailed.

Posted (edited)

Nah, I made it against the rules to ask questions for input as a thread. I'm going for a more actually theory type deal, where the topic creator provides his or her evidence and concludes it, rather than an ongoing discussion, like this one.

You see what I mean, right?

Also, I'd say he's pretty much dead. The times he was sealed were actually more ceremonial, or had some kind of magic involved. The times he died, he was just slashed or stabbed to death. Think Twilight Princess. He definitely died, and he was just stabbed in the stomach. I think the stone-over effect in Wind Waker was just so it wouldn't seem as gruesome.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure he's dead.

Also, untrue, Stormsworder. He dies in the Oracles, and I think LttP, not so sure about FSA...

He died in LoZ...

Man, I can't remember.

He definitely wasn't sealed more than killed.

I suggest making a "both" option.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

That pretty much happens in every game, regardless of sword. It's so it doesn't get over an E rating, I suppose.

It, the Master Sword, supposedly repels evil.

But nothing was ever said about sending things to other places.

The closest thing to it is the Four Sword sealing Vaati.

Sahaqiel

Posted

That pretty much happens in every game, regardless of sword. It's so it doesn't get over an E rating, I suppose.

It, the Master Sword, supposedly repels evil.

But nothing was ever said about sending things to other places.

The closest thing to it is the Four Sword sealing Vaati.

Sahaqiel

I seconed that.