Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

video religion

57 posts in this topic

Posted

A rather interesting situation... Of course, I choose to think of it as a coincidence.

Posted

Don't judge me, Sahaqiel.

My bad.

But logically speaking, the only reason you could want to talk to Carlin can't be to praise him, since he's acted as a warrior against your beliefs for so long, so you'd either be there to lecture or berate him, seeing as he's on his death bed, which is symbolic as the ultimate truth for both sides to experience. If you weren't there to berate or lecture him, you might as well be talking to any other person on their deathbed.

And I didn't think eye-for-an-eye is how Christianity worked.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Or, I may just want to talk with him and ask him how he feels about death. If he's scared, I'd try and comfort him showing him God's love. I'd like to talk to a lot of people on their deathbed, and try and save a few souls. I'm actually kind of offended you would think I'd punch him or something.

Posted

lol

I said I could vaguely imagine it. Kind of in the same way I could imagine a defenseless rabbit grabbing a gun and shooting someone with it.

When you said you'd love to talk to him, and with what you said now, it would be assumed you'd drag religion into the conversation.

I'd try and comfort him showing him God's love. I'd like to talk to a lot of people on their deathbed, and try and save a few souls.

So I wasn't far off. Not quite a lecture, but a kind of rude sending off for some dude who is a severe atheist. Even though you might not think it'd be rude, but you'd basically be telling him things he's stood against for for years while he's dying. It's not the best way to die, I'd imagine.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Okay, Sahaqiel. You're really being a jerk. How is wanting to save his soul a bad thing? Especially if Christianity turns out to be true, I would have done him a huge favor. You can take that however you want, you can pretend that I'm evil and out to get every atheist with my holier than thou morals or whatever you think of me, but really all I said was that I wanted to help the man. Once again, don't judge me.

Posted

You know what sucks trying to pick a side when the 2 people debating are your friends.

Posted

Then don't pick a side...

I'd just pick the side I most agree with... It's not like I'd dislike the other. Then I'd hope that all that happened has passed and I hope they still view me as a friend.

Posted

Well then I like the points that lionheart is making.

Posted

Okay, Sahaqiel. You're really being a jerk. How is wanting to save his soul a bad thing? Especially if Christianity turns out to be true, I would have done him a huge favor. You can take that however you want, you can pretend that I'm evil and out to get every atheist with my holier than thou morals or whatever you think of me, but really all I said was that I wanted to help the man. Once again, don't judge me.

How would you like it if I showed up at your deathbed and preached to you how you've been wrong your whole life?

Posted

Not preach. I have no intention of rubbing it in his face. The point is to save him, not to make him feel bad.

Posted

I didn't judge you at all. I'm just saying, it's pretty rude. I'm not going to mince words. It's only getting ruder. It might not be your intention to make him feel bad, but you might just upset him. If he's lived a good life and doesn't regret anything, don't plant regrets in his head. Because he'd have to accept God to be saved, right? That would mean a life of regret.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Actually, you're the only one who's being rude Sahaqiel. I'm done arguing, which you can't seem to keep from doing. I've given my two cents.

Posted

I'm being rude for pointing out you'd be trying to totally devastate a man on his deathbed? :/

Alright, I'll bite.

I guess I'm the rude one.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Because you don't believe in God, dude. :\

Posted

No, because he presumes to know my intentions.