Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo DS vs PSP

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, I'm pretty sure we all know about the ds and psp...which ones better? I'm not including the ds lite in this one becuase its gaming qualities are no different then the regular ds, just cuz its brighter doesnt mean its better, and we didnt have a light problem b4 with the regular ds! (You can now tell I have somethin against the ds lite!) Anyways, off topic! Which one (in your own personal opinion) is better?

Posted

I think it depends what your after.

For me, I would choose the DS because I simply love the games they have & love nintendo games in general.

On the other hand though, psp does have its fair share of good games too & with the psp you can listen to music, watch movies on it and even surf the web on it.

Though these things dont matter to me so much cos I dont really need them, they would be very appealing to some people, especially if they didnt already have a mp3 player or a video phone or something.

Posted

I think it depends what your after.

For me, I would choose the DS because I simply love the games they have & love nintendo games in general.

On the other hand though, psp does have its fair share of good games too & with the psp you can listen to music, watch movies on it and even surf the web on it.

Though these things dont matter to me so much cos I dont really need them, they would be very appealing to some people, especially if they didnt already have a mp3 player or a video phone or something.

I just prefer the DS. HOW CAN SOMEONE RESIST TAKING THE PLUNGE FOR INNOVATIVE IDEAS LIKE MOTION SENSING AND TOUCH CONTROL? I DON'T GET IT!

The Ds Lite has a few significant changes, brightness isn't the only one. The microphone on the original is a bit annoying, plus I saw this video on youtube showing a switch to speed games up or slow them down.... I think It was called "Ds Lite Speed hacking"

It IS different or else whjy would htey release it? Geez it's not an exact copy.....<_<

Posted

If you like more mature games with better graphics, a psp is for you.

If you want fun games that are very interactive, a ds is for you.

If you're rich and famous, both are for you.

If you're just rich, a psp is for you

If you're slightly rich, a ds lite is for you.

If you're middle class, a ds is for you.

If you're poor, neither is for you.

Posted

I just prefer the DS. HOW CAN SOMEONE RESIST TAKING THE PLUNGE FOR INNOVATIVE IDEAS LIKE MOTION SENSING AND TOUCH CONTROL? I DON'T GET IT!

The Ds Lite has a few significant changes, brightness isn't the only one. The microphone on the original is a bit annoying, plus I saw this video on youtube showing a switch to speed games up or slow them down.... I think It was called "Ds Lite Speed hacking"

It IS different or else whjy would htey release it? Geez it's not an exact copy.....<_<

Still...ok it may not be completely the same...but if I was working for Nintendo, I would add more features then just improved stuff from the original ds...thats just my opinion :embarrassed:

Posted

Still...ok it may not be completely the same...but if I was working for Nintendo, I would add more features then just improved stuff from the original ds...thats just my opinion :embarrassed:

ok.

And by the way, does yer story include Midna in it?

*Goes off t0 read it*

Posted

I've had both. heres a breakdown:

DS functions:

GBA/DS games

Touch Screen

WiFi

Lower Price

Homebrew

Functional with: Other DS', XBox 360, Wii.

PSP functions:

PSP games only

MP3 format accepted for memory card

MP4 video format for memory card

Internet (DS Opera has yet to hit the U.S.)

Functional with: Other PSP's, PS3.

Now; the DS certainly has a wider game variety. But, you should be looking for the deeper games in the DS. Such as; FF3, MKDS, etc. In other words, games that arent really mainstream.

PSP, however, has a bunch of stuff shoved in one, and has mainstream games.

DS has a bright screen, so does the PSP.

DS can run homebrew, so can the PSP.

DS has virtually no load times, PSP has dreadful load times.

DS runs GBA games, PSP runs PS1 games (once downloaded via PS3).

pretty much if you're looking for an all around machine, but not much gaming, PSP ftw. BUT, for gaming? DS.

Posted

ok.

And by the way, does yer story include Midna in it?

*Goes off t0 read it*

Just answer your qucik question, Midna is mentioned, and theres a mytery thats revolves around her, you'll have to read it to get it :)

Posted

The DS hasn't really started here in Europe, yet. So I am waiting.

Posted

The DS hasn't really started here in Europe, yet. So I am waiting.

Oh! Really? Sorry about that...well...when you get it (if you do) you can post your opinion here :)

Posted

D S !!!!

'Nuf Said. . .

Posted

Haha, I still have my crummy little gameboy advance... with the back missing and all :D

Posted

If you're just rich, a psp is for you

WHAT if you are rich but you hate Sony's guts!?!? There are people out there like that....not me, though....I just hate Sony's guts....I'll stop talking now....

DS. Period. I'm pretty tired of proving this point, so I'll make this simple: The games.

I will now copy and paste something I once said on a different forum because I can't find anything I said on this forum. (I think the topic got deleted... :unsure: ). *Copy and Paste Fairy flies into room*:

D STINKIN' S!!!! Of course! What, is there even another choice? The DS, in my opinion, is far superior to the PSP. And sure, many people may brag about their PSP's "good" graphics and the fact that you can play music and junk on it, but I play games! That fancy-shmancy stuff, to me, at least, just raises the price tag! I honestly haven't even heard of any PSP game that's worth talking about for over two weeks! To be honest with you, I have barely even heard of any PSP games! Hmm....if my memory serves me correctly, I have heard of Star Wars: Battlefront 2 for the PSP. And, to tell you the truth, that's pretty much IT! And I could get that on the PC if I wanted to! As for the DS, you've got Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64 DS, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Elite Beat Agents, Nintendogs...(just to name a few)...and there's The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass coming out some time next year! The whole reason why there are even doubts about which is better escapes me! Some may think that I've been putting the PSP down in this post and, well, in a way, I have. But I am entitled to my opinion. So are you. So go ahead and think what you want! Oh, that was fun.

Thank you, Copy and Paste Fairy, what would we do without you? (Gives me an idea for a sig... :unsure: )

Posted

I would say DS becouse It is toch screen and it can play GBA games aswell and i just like Nintendo.

Posted

HELLO!!! Ds can play movies, music, photos, roms also!!

It's called M3lite!!!