When you think of Link..

18 posts in this topic

Posted

What words come to your mind when you think about Link's character?

I was doing this on the chat and with some of my friends..

Since Link is an extension of the player.. people's answers usually mirrored what they wanted to be seen as to others, or in some cases, mirrored their own personality. Even if they didn't know it ^^"

So here we got with a little analysis.. You post what you think about Link, and then look back at what you put, and see if it is similar to you, or is something you want to be..

Try it! We could all learn a little more about one another! :D

I'll go first.

-.-.-.-When I think of Link,-.-.-.-

I always imagine him as being confused, lonely, naive, and used. A bit of the innocent, I suppose.

Well, I'm not to sure if its how I feel about myself.. I guess if I were to explain why I would feel lonely is because I moved far from my old home and have become a bit of an introvert since.

Naive, well.. I guess anyone my age is a bit naive about things. ^^'

As for used and confused (hey those rhyme!), I suppose that would be from a few more turbulent events.. As some of you know, I've been in a relationship for over two years, bit like any, we had rough spots. At one point my partner started seeing someone else and keeping it secret. I remember feeling confused because I knew something was wrong, but I didn't really want to come to terms with reality. But when I found out after reading an explicit text on his phone from her, I felt very used. X_x Very, very used since it had been going on for awhile.

Well, I guess Link IS an extension of myself then O_o

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Lets see what you guys get! Maybe it will make you think in a way you havn't before.

Posted

I think of Link as a strong, righteous character who would go to the ends of the earth to save his friends, and to protect them. I view him as a courageous boy who, even though he is put through hell almost all the time, he tries to live up to his true power and would do anything to please the ones he loves.

Posted

I imagine a boy who is couragess and brave an he at times is confused and just wants to stop his jorney and return home but he knows he has to save his friends

Posted

I think of Link as a hero who, against all odds, sticks to his guns(or swords in this case) and doesn't back down when the battle is hard. He cares about everyone because he's always going out of his way to do things for other people.

Posted

Does it Link to someone you wish you could be, or someone you already are? :embarrassed:

Posted

I think of Link being someone who is lonely, but doesn't mind being lonely. :embarrassed: Someone who says a lot with as little as an expression. :huh: Someone who will always risk his life for his friends. :angry: Link is popular, yet wouldn't mind being "unpopular." :wacko: Link will do anything for the girl he loves, yet he will probably never get her. :cry:

I just described Link and myself at the same time! :D

Posted

yeah, I think we all did! :D

Posted

I think that he is a person that always wants to do the right thing, even if he'd rather leave the world to its devices and get the girl.

Wow, that is me, except I didn't try to save the world, and gave in to getting the girl...

And thats really terrible Farore, I would never do that to girl.

Posted

Wow, that is me, except I didn't try to save the world, and gave in to getting the girl...

And thats really terrible Farore, I would never do that to girl.

Ah, we all make mistakes at some point ^^' Best to forgive (or if it was you, beg for forgiveness XD) and hopefully learn something from it :embarrassed:

Posted

The words that come to mind...brave, couragous, and FREAKIN ROX!!!!!

Posted

I think of Link being someone who is lonely, but doesn't mind being lonely. :embarrassed: Someone who says a lot with as little as an expression. :huh: Someone who will always risk his life for his friends. :angry: Link is popular, yet wouldn't mind being "unpopular." :wacko: Link will do anything for the girl he loves, yet he will probably never get her. :cry:

I just described Link and myself at the same time! :D

In TP...he almost ALMOST got Midna. And if you beat Oracle of Ages/Seasons and then use your password to play on the ther one, Zelda kisses him on the cheek...so Link has those going for him, lol.

Posted

When I think of link, I think of a backstabbing fool that's just in it for the treasure, someone that make alliances and then turns on them and takes all the Rupees for himself.^_^:tingle:

Posted

When Ganondorf333 thinks of Link, he thinks of the kind of person who doesn't need to say anything to express themself. Unless they're talking to statues while in a tower. I also think of Link as a dark warrior lord ready to tear the earth, in all its entirety, into small fragments scattered across the cosmos, never to be reconnected as far as anything goes. I picture Link as a fierce demon-lord, destroying armies and rendering his enemies powerless against his awesome might! The kind of person who doesn't take no for an answer, and instead doesn't even go through the trouble of asking!! I think of charriots of power being pulled by giant, flaming scapegoats that are those who stood in his way!!! I THINK OF A DARK AND TERRIBLE HAND, REACHING DOWN UPON US AND SEPERATING US FROM THOSE WE KNOW AND LOVE!!!! I THINK OF A MIGHTY GOBLIN STEED, CARRYING HIS MERCILESS MAJESTY ACROSS THE LAND TO FEAST UPON THE SOULS OF THE FEARFUL AND INNOCENT!!!!!! I PICTURE SHADOWS, RIPPING OUR SCREECHING BODIES DOWN INTO HIS ALMIGHTY GRASP!!!!!!!!!! I PICTURE THE WORST NIGHTMARES, RUNNING LOOSE AND PREYING UPON THE WEAK AND VULNERABLE UNDER HIS EVERLASTING COMMAND!!!!!!!!

Well what do you know, it does mirror my own personality.

Posted

If that's you, you may want to commit yourself :embarrassed:

Posted

When Ganondorf333 thinks of Link, he thinks of the kind of person who doesn't need to say anything to express themself. Unless they're talking to statues while in a tower. I also think of Link as a dark warrior lord ready to tear the earth, in all its entirety, into small fragments scattered across the cosmos, never to be reconnected as far as anything goes. I picture Link as a fierce demon-lord, destroying armies and rendering his enemies powerless against his awesome might! The kind of person who doesn't take no for an answer, and instead doesn't even go through the trouble of asking!! I think of charriots of power being pulled by giant, flaming scapegoats that are those who stood in his way!!! I THINK OF A DARK AND TERRIBLE HAND, REACHING DOWN UPON US AND SEPERATING US FROM THOSE WE KNOW AND LOVE!!!! I THINK OF A MIGHTY GOBLIN STEED, CARRYING HIS MERCILESS MAJESTY ACROSS THE LAND TO FEAST UPON THE SOULS OF THE FEARFUL AND INNOCENT!!!!!! I PICTURE SHADOWS, RIPPING OUR SCREECHING BODIES DOWN INTO HIS ALMIGHTY GRASP!!!!!!!!!! I PICTURE THE WORST NIGHTMARES, RUNNING LOOSE AND PREYING UPON THE WEAK AND VULNERABLE UNDER HIS EVERLASTING COMMAND!!!!!!!!

Well what do you know, it does mirror my own personality.

Hey!!! Me too! :D