Something we all hate about Zelda?

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Dude.

Spirit Tracks isn't cel shaded nearly as severely.

Nor is it nearly as bright as WW.

However, you do make a good point about people being a bit too carefree in Wind Waker. Few people were really affected, the most prominent case being the rich man who had his daughter kidnapped.

To be fair, Ganondorf's plan didn't even reach fruition, because he needed the Triforce to do so, and the end result would have just been that Hyrule would have resurfaced under his rule.

That's not to say a toon styled game can't be serious, though.

Also, I agree, Arcanelord.

Plot needs to be mixed up past hero-saves-princess.

Thought I think Spirit Tracks did that. I dunno.

Don't spoil it though.

This has been a major issue with Zelda fans lately, though, I think.

They got a little better with puzzles in TP, though, I think.

Sahaqiel

Posted

While the Ridge Racer thing is a good point, I was just talking about how games look.

Guess how games will look if they're all realistic?

Exactly the same.

Because there's only one reality.

And that is boring.

Give it a change of pace.

What happened to the good 'ol days where we played 2D games that were blocky piles of pixels? Those games were classic because they were fun, not because a graphic whoring fanbase wanted it to look photorealistic.

I'm not against realism, but I'm not all for it either. I'm all for graphical variation as far as art design is concerned. I'm not against cel-shading or total realism or anything, as long as I like what they're doing with it or can at least stand the style, I'll play it. What I want realism for is gravity. Like if you throw something into the air, it will descend as you would expect it to in real life, if the game is based on a world with similar gravity to our own.

I like ridiculous things like in Ridge Racer where it's just for fun though.

Otherwise, things can be as unrealistic as they like, as long as it's explained by some method.

Also, for graphics, one thing I couldn't stand would be if everything was jpegged to death or something.

Posted

Also, two games with boats.

Three if you include how you could canoe in Twilight Princess.

And why do you hate the boats? Because you sail across an ocean and it gets boring eventually?

Welcome to reality.

Just be lucky you don't have to eat hard tack/the leather in your belt and get scurvy like real pirates, yar.

Or is that too real for you?

Sahaqiel

The boat poo takes time, and I consider "warping" as a cheat because apparently if you "warp" you're a lazy ass to play your stupid wind waker to go the right direction and then have to deal with all the sharks and pirates there are.

Boring

Boring

Boring.

LET'S BRING THE HORSES BACK!

Boat was cool once,

But not twice.

Train is cool once,

let's not do it a second time.

Did link get scurvy?

No.

So it isn't real ENOUGH for me.

Period(.)

Posted

lol

JPEG game.

That would be interesting to see someone pull off.

I couldn't care less about what gravity is, really. As long as it's fun. And consistent.

Kate, what.

Why would you want scurvy.

These are video games, not real life.

Who wants to play real life?

Look out a window.

Get a lack of vitamin C.

Sail a boat.

Get scurvy.

That's playing real life.

Go play real life if you're going to make our games crappy with your terrible ideas.

Games are for escaping reality.

Sahaqiel

Posted

They got a little better with puzzles in TP, though, I think.

Sahaqiel

They did. Though of course they decided to reuse one of the most annoying puzzles in the game. I'm talking about poes stealing the fire and having to go look for them and kill them to get the fire back.

Though I do have to agree that they did reduce the amount of cel-shade in ST. I mean it's not as bad as WW or PH. Though I refuse to try it without the sunglasses just incase.

Posted

That wasn't quite a puzzle.

That was more like hide and seek.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The boat poo takes time, and I consider "warping" as a cheat because apparently if you "warp" you're a lazy ass to play your stupid wind waker to go the right direction and then have to deal with all the sharks and pirates there are.

I don't like warping in games. Like Oblivion, I always travel on foot from destination to destination rather than warping, just so that I don't have to go around discovering everywhere I need for quests, if I happen to have them on my map already thanks to my perseverance.

lol

JPEG game.

That would be interesting to see someone pull off.

I want to do this now, god damn.

I couldn't care less about what gravity is, really. As long as it's fun. And consistent.

I agree to that too, which is what I was trying to get at, but for loss of better words I messed up my case. As long as if I drop at a certain speed, everything else should too.

Kate, what.

It's the style of 2012. She's ahead of the curve.

Posted

Kate, what.

These are video games, not real life.

Who wants to play real life?

Look out a window.

Get a lack of vitamin C.

Sail a boat.

Get scurvy.

That's playing real life.

Go play real life if you're going to make our games crappy with your terrible ideas.

Games are for escaping reality.

Sahaqiel

I was making a point.

First it's too real

Then it's not real

Then katie makes a smart remark saying it wasn't real enough.

Etc.

Etc.

Let's all get along now.

Sailing for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours.

Is only ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC, once.

Posted

@Saha: I thought it was puzzle, but whatever.

The thing they really need to bring back and do more of is the wrestling thing. I thought that was an interesting concept. Though you only needed it for 2 parts of the game. :(

@Kate: I thought the sailing was fun for about 5 minutes. Then I realized that it took forever to get from Windfall to Outset. The one thing that made WW better was (well I forgot the name of the song) the song where cyclones come and transport you. Very useful. Only if you used the map fish though. Too bad I didn't know about it till my 3rd attempt of the game. >_<

Posted

It's the style of 2012. She's ahead of the curve.

Ahah, that too.

Posted

OK.

That's why you warp.

Purely 'cause stuff was interesting and possible obsessive compulsiveness, I charted every island and did pretty much everything.

It was fun.

And I don't see your point. I don't think you really succeeded in getting it out there.

If you want realism, go play outside.

You want realism.

Go play outside.

Was my point.

Though I agree that sailing in PH was a bit annoying. To the point I didn't try to uncover everything like in WW.

Sahaqiel

Posted

And I don't see your point. I don't think you really succeeded in getting it out there.

If you want realism, go play outside.

You want realism.

Go play outside.

Was my point.

Though I agree that sailing in PH was a bit annoying. To the point I didn't try to uncover everything like in WW.

Sahaqiel

My point was for everyone to shutup about the realism and toon,

Which we all clearly got off topic.

I don't want to play outside.

I ride my mule and pretend I'm link EVERYDAY.

And if you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. Except for the mule thing, I love my mule.

WW was interesting because every island was different.

ALSO, I don't like that ST has so little places to visit.

Posted

And I agree with your point in that we should shut up about the style and just enjoy the game, but you were pretty misleading there and had me believe you think realism is the only way to go because you're a bland and narrow minded individual.

Other than graphic whoring fanbase, I don't really hate anything about Zelda.

Except maybe that they're making Link right handed on the Wii.

:/

Sahaqiel

Posted

Except maybe that they're making Link right handed on the Wii.

:/

Sahaqiel

I hate that too. Link was special left handed.

Oh believe me, I'm not narrow minded, what so ever.

I just like classic styled link.

It's not a crime.