Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alright, get your shiit out of status updates.

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Grandmaster Phoenix Kimmy, I'm not paying a 40% tax on my Health Insurance so I can get lesser quality care than I currently do.

GMP, where does it say that Obama's healthcare plan, aimed at giving healthcare to people who currently DO NOT have it and aiming to keep as close to the same the private healthcare that people ALREADY HAVE that you are going to get a lesser quality healthcare plan?

And GMP, I also don't want to pay a 40% tax. My father has a lot of medicines that he will /die/ without and we can't afford to pay 40% more. If we get taxed, I will probably have to start making funeral plans for my father. Stop your puppying whining.

Also, this doesn't respond to what I said to you at all.

You said that soon, the fact that we are getting universal healthcare is going to make CHINA INVADE US.

What the hell?

You said that China would invade us because it would ask for payment on its debts.

If China did that NOW we would be equally screwed. We owe China so much. Healthcare is going to be a drop in the bucket. A drop added to the trillions of dollars already in the bucket. You make no sense.

Posted

Apparently, change is imminent. :)

Posted

THECHINESEAREATTACKINOMFG

Posted

JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE puppyING CAR

Oh wait it's just the chinese, we can chill.

Posted

Why should we do a complete overhaul of our (U.S.) health insurance system just that works for an huge majority of the American people just to add coverage to about 5% of the population? That seems a little messed up to me.

If the Democrats really wanted to create "choice and competition", they would just allow people to purchase insurance plans across state lines.

Posted

Site error-induced double post.

Posted

Why should we do a complete overhaul of our (U.S.) health insurance system just that works for an huge majority of the American people just to add coverage to about 5% of the population? That seems a little messed up to me.

If the Democrats really wanted to create "choice and competition", they would just allow people to purchase insurance plans across state lines.

This.

There are things that need to be tweaked, such as benefits given to the unemployed, welfare, and such. That being said, allowing interstate competition between healthcare providers would dramatically drive down costs of privately held insurance. Why would i stay with my service provider in MO, if someone in TX can give e the same coverage cheaper, it is supply and demand, and as it is now, supply is limited by location, but demand is universal, ergo, allow competition, and healthcare become reasonable.

Along with this, require full time employers above a certain profit margin (this is a %, btw, not a set $ amount) to provide a modicum of healthcare for employees. Also, having a more streamlined approach to unemployment, I.E. we will only provide unemployment benefits for say, three months after being laid off, and throughout that time you have to prove that you have been actively looking for a job, during that three months, gov. will give you a stipend based on former salary and healthcare.

For those who are on medical leave, there should be required dr.'s visits at set intervals to make sure one still qualifies for medical leave, and I mean, weekly or bi-weekly, with the exception of long term disability as determined by a panel of dr's (not politicians). Those who are unable to work due to long term disability would be granted coverage under gov. healthcare.

And at the same time, there is no reason to make people pay for healthcare, if they don't want it, they choose not to have it, it's their problem.

All that would help drive down private cost, and not cost near as much as Obama's plan, but hey, what do I know?

Posted

This is mostly addressing GMP's vast ignorance, like equating healthcare to a chinese invasion.

Posted

fair enough

Posted

Massachusetts made it mandatory for everyone to have healthcare.

And rather than having state run healthcare, a lot of cheap options opened up, so there was something for everyone.

It is really one of the best things we've done in the state.

Maybe that is why universal healthcare doesn't phase me as much. The state I'm from already has it.

I mean, you don't /have/ to have it, but if you don't have healthcare you are fined the same amount as getting a cheap plan would cost, so...

Posted

GMP, where does it say that Obama's healthcare plan, aimed at giving healthcare to people who currently DO NOT have it and aiming to keep as close to the same the private healthcare that people ALREADY HAVE that you are going to get a lesser quality healthcare plan?

And GMP, I also don't want to pay a 40% tax. My father has a lot of medicines that he will /die/ without and we can't afford to pay 40% more. If we get taxed, I will probably have to start making funeral plans for my father. Stop your puppying whining.

Also, this doesn't respond to what I said to you at all.

You said that soon, the fact that we are getting universal healthcare is going to make CHINA INVADE US.

What the hell?

You said that China would invade us because it would ask for payment on its debts.

If China did that NOW we would be equally screwed. We owe China so much. Healthcare is going to be a drop in the bucket. A drop added to the trillions of dollars already in the bucket. You make no sense.

I was watching the news. NOT FOX, mind you. 40% tax on all insurance plans valued at $8500 +.

Also, the 30 something percent of Americans lacking healthcare includes:

People who have never held a job.

People who lacked HC for 1-7 days while transferring jobs.

People who lacked healthcare 2 years ago, some of whom now have it.

Posted

What? It will cover people who do not have health care. If the people who don't have it for a few days switching jobs are covered by it momentarily, they'd be insane not to switch to a better private plan.

And GMP, you puppying retard. I never said the tax didn't exist. I recognized it in my post.

What out of all this makes you think that your private healthcare will start giving you a lesser plan?

And that... puppyin China will invade us?

Posted

What? It will cover people who do not have health care. If the people who don't have it for a few days switching jobs are covered by it momentarily, they'd be insane not to switch to a better private plan.

And GMP, you puppying retard. I never said the tax didn't exist. I recognized it in my post.

What out of all this makes you think that your private healthcare will start giving you a lesser plan?

And that... puppyin China will invade us?

Kimmy, my healthcare plan is so good that the company no longer offers it, however, since we have been paying into it, they can't drop us randomly like that.

However, what they can do is raise rates by some absured amount, since the bill prevents insurance companies from rejecting you because of pre-existing issues, or prevents compaines from charging people different prices(Due to age, smoking, family history, ect), people will buy insurance only when they get sick, and companies lose businness, so they push costs up for others.

Posted

We have healthcare across the board in Massachusetts and nothing like that has ever happened. We're puppyed up in a lot of other ways, but that is one of our gems.

You still haven't explained to me why giving the unemployed and the poor free healthcare will make China invade us.

Posted

We have healthcare across the board in Massachusetts and nothing like that has ever happened. We're puppyed up in a lot of other ways, but that is one of our gems.

You still haven't explained to me why giving the unemployed and the poor free healthcare will make China invade us.

I hate to sound like a dick, but not everybody who is poor deserves healthcare.

There are some that do-The mentally disabled, the physically disabled, those who lost their jobs due to layoffs, those who simply cant find jobs, ect. Give basic healthcare as an unemployment benefit, thats fine with me, as long as it doesn't cost me extra and/or reduce the quality of my healthcare.

But, there are some that don't-the beggar/crackhead that, by his own will and laziness, has never worked a day in his/her life. They do not deserve free healthcare.