Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Goddess of Sand

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, but it pretty much denounces the connection.

Posted

so wait, in MM theres a goddess of sand?

Posted

Nope

Posted

[quote name='「Arcane

Posted

I don't understand what you mean, sorry.

Posted

First of all, please spell Ganondorf's name right. :/

Second of all, the Fierce Deity had a triangle and crescent moon. Since the Gerudo no longer have the crescent in their symbol, it is a moot point. The triangle maybe, but almost nothing is known about the Fierce Deity or his mask.

Third, you pretty much have no proof.

Fourth, Fierce Deity doesn't exist in Hyrule and even if his counterpart in Hyrule was female, why would it be the Goddess of Sand, and why would it be female? Counterparts in Termina never went so far as to change genders.

Fifth, the Goddess of Sand is worshiped by Gerudo, who are dark skinned females, whereas the Fierce Deity is a Caucasian male.

Sixth, if the counterpart of the Fierce Deity in Hyrule were a dark skinned female with long hair and Gerudo clothing, I don't think you could ever possibly say that the Goddess of Sand is Fierce Deity's counterpart.

Posted

first off I've never said that his counter part was female I ment that the Gerudos thought he was female because he was in termina

And in OoT the three goddesses were golden they never really showed a form for them and many referred them as the golden goddesses so explain to me how the Gerudos knew how Din looked like while the rest of Hyrule didn't

Posted

I dunno.

Still makes more sense than calling the Fierce Deity the Goddess of Sand when he has no relation to the Gerudo and exists in a secret other dimension.

Sahaqiel

Posted

A secret other dimension? I'll need to ask the overly creepy Happy Mask Salesmen about that

Posted

A secret other dimension? I'll need to ask the overly creepy Happy Mask Salesmen about that

He crossed over into it the same way Link did...

Posted

Yes but how many times has he

Posted

Does it really matter? He knew it was there beforehand, before Link, so I would say it doesn't.

Posted

Sorry, but I think your theory has been shot down.

Posted

It may have or it may not have but well never know until the truth about the FD comes out

Posted

Fierce Deity's japanese name translates to "Devil God" so Fierce Deity might not have been a nice entity.

Also, considering how link transforms into the spirits of dead beings, you'd have to assume that the FD is not living, but his spirit lives on in the mask.

I think that Fierce Deity is just Link's Terminian counterpart, nothing special.