Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Global Cooling

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Right. Again, what records show this is normal? Even the current events don't support that theory. And the data I'm using comes from ice cores, old diaries, recent studies, and my science classes, and is in no way incorrect.

Posted

last post=rofl

You guys just want to keep your ****ing Hummers and isolate yourself from the rest of the world. Keep lying to yourselves, guys ;)

Posted

last post=rofl

You guys just want to keep your ****ing Hummers and isolate yourself from the rest of the world. Keep lying to yourselves, guys ;)

Isolating ourselves from the rest of the world? Most people have realized the "Global Climate Change" is a farce. Most of the people propagating the hysteria are those who stand to gain money or power from it.

Posted

This is true. Al Gore could have something when he was VP, but he wanted to become president first so he could be the big, famous guy in charge that stopped global warming in it's tracks. And look where that got him =P. HOWEVER. The people opposing the idea that global warming is man made are just a bunch of puppets with the hands of oil industry fat cats up their asses.

Posted

That's why most of the oil and gas companies are getting into the whole green movement. :rolleyes:

Posted

Hardly. They do as little as they can so that they can say they are, when really we could be getting 150+ mpg in our midsized sedans. Right now.

Posted

150+ mpg? Are we supposed to be driving in a vacuum or something?

Posted

Not a vacuum, carbon fiber, silly.

Look at this

Posted

Ice cores are freezing cold, how do you get records from them? How do you record something thousands of years ago with a block of ice?

It's an ice core. It's cold. If they record its temperature, it's gonna be cold. If they record it after it's melted a little, it's going to be a bit warmer.

Where do they get thousands of years out of ice cores?

Also, how are you in no way incorrect? Hell, I thought the point of science was to pretty much be incorrect. Everything can be changed. All the theories, ideas, even laws, can change. There is no "correct" with science.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. They can't get the exact temperature of the Earth from ice cores, but by using the patterns of melting and refreezing they can find temperature changes and abnormalities. For instance, if it was particularly warm one year, the ice would obviously melt more. If it was colder, not as much ice would melt. And the "thousands of years" comes from the fact that the ice has been melting and refreezing for literally thousands of years. It's that simple.

I didn't say that I'm in no way incorrect, just the data.

Also, I disagree with your point that all of science is only theory, and can be changed. That is true for some things, but centuries of experimentation and failure have produced several indisputable truths. Try proving Newton's Law of Gravity false.

Isolating ourselves from the rest of the world? Most people have realized the "Global Climate Change" is a farce. Most of the people propagating the hysteria are those who stand to gain money or power from it.

Yeah, like people posting anonymously on the Internet.

150+ mpg? Are we supposed to be driving in a vacuum or something?

You know, that really sounds like a good idea. I'm going to try that.

And one last thing if you need further convincing: Climate, Weather, and Weirdness, from the New York Times.

Posted

Science is changeable. That's why theories are changed and new ones arrive. Hell, even Newton's Laws might change slightly. I doubt it, but it could happen.

And plus, think about it. They might teach global warming now, but years later, do you think they'll be preaching the same thing? It might end up being the opposite.

Posted

Science by definition is discovery, which renders it quite changeable. There are, however, parts of it that have stayed the same for centuries and will not be rewritten anytime soon, if at all. You may be surprised how many laws fall under that category. (A mostly complete list can be found here.)

There is a chance. It is just a very slim chance. Without much to support it.

Edit: I found an editorial cartoon that simply needed to be here.

Posted

Newton's law of gravity is false, though. Well, at least, it doesn't work how he thought it did. Gravity (As far as we currently know) is the bending of spacetime by mass and energy.

I fall back on chaos theory. There are simply too many variables to determine that we are causing global warming, which may not come to pass anyway. One volcano throws off a century's worth of data in the timespan of a day. Why do you think meterological forecasts typically only stretch 5 five days, and are still often wrong?