444 posts in this topic

Posted

2h54njd.png

Current Game

Pokémon Werewolf II (Largely Legendary)

The Queue

Yume Nikki Werewolf (Knuckle)

Other Games In No Particular Order

i.e. figure out amongst yourselves who actually has a game ready to go and I'll put them on the list.

The World Ends with Werewolf (Chimetals)

Cosmodrome Werewolf (Grandmaster Phoenix)

Pheo Werewolf (Largely Legendary)

Animal Crossing Werewolf (Linox)

Minecraft (Pheo/Others?)

Forum Werewolf (???)

Doctor Who (Ammonsa)

Puzzle Werewolf (Nabeshin)

Hosting a Game

This thread will also serve as the hosting signup thread. State the name of your game, the theme (if you have a theme), the expected number of players, and any other info you think would be helpful. Not every game is going to be accepted - we'll finalize the rules for this eventually, but you should have a sizable amount of playing experience under your belt if you're signing up. Use your best judgment. Also, it's important to mention that you can only be signed up to host one game at a time - don't bother posting in here again until your game is done, not even to reserve a spot.

Standard Werewolf Rules

(Feel free to copy and paste, GMs.)

1. Most players belong to one of two groups: the Town and the Werewolf (or Werewolves). Any player who is Town wins if all Werewolves are killed. Any player who is a Werewolf wins as soon as the Werewolves outnumber the Town (equal numbers go to the Werewolves). There may also be Independent players who have their own unique win conditions - these vary between roles.

Note: if Town wins at the end of a game, and you started the game as Town but died or were lynched along the way, you still get a win in the rankings. This is the same if you're a Werewolf as well. Play for your team, not for yourself!

2. Each player has a name (which identifies their character), and a set of abilities. These abilities are unique to the player, and secret to everyone else, unless the player chooses to reveal them. Note that a player's name can be used to try and infer their abilities and/or alignment...but no guarantees.

3. Gameplay cycles between a Day phase and a Night phase. Day phase lasts 96 hours of real time, but may be ended early if the town decides on someone to lynch. Night phase lasts 24 hours, but may be ended early if all players complete their night actions.

4. During Day phase, the players may vote on who among them they should lynch. If any player receives a simple majority of the player's votes, that player is immediately lynched, and Day phase ends. A player's identity and alignment are revealed when they are lynched. Note that no votes are official until 24 hours of the day have passed: this is to encourage conversation between players. Votes should be in bold and red, to make them easier to see when skimming the thread. If the day ends, the player who has the majority of votes cast will be lynched.

5. During Night phase, no player may post (with the exception of such pleasantries as "Good night"). Players with nighttime abilities should PM me to let me know what they are doing. Also, every night, the Werewolves may choose 1 player to kill. All deaths, and any other noticeable happenings will be reported to the town at the end of Night phases.

6. Players MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the game thread, unless their abilities state otherwise. Werewolves may converse between themselves via PM, unless otherwise stated. Dead players MAY NOT post in this thread, aside from a "Bah" post when they die. All players may post in the thread at night, but conversation must be strictly off-topic.

7. Items will play a major role in this game. All items may be used during the night, unless their descriptions state otherwise. Any player may choose, as a nighttime ability, to give an item to another player. The receiving player will not be informed of who gave them that item.

8. You may not directly quote any PM I send you concerning this game. You may, however, paraphrase. You also may not edit your posts: just double post if you absolutely must. If you quote a PM, you will be modkilled.

9. If you need to contact the GM to ask for a vote tally, or to ask that an inactive player be prodded or replaced, or to ask for a deadline extension, put these requests in blue, bold text.

GMs may change or add rules at their own discretion, and may write roles as they wish, but marks for bad GMing may be given if a game is ruined by bad roles or rules.

ripster009 likes this

Posted

Do I post here to sign up to host a game? because I have a couple Ideas I want to work with.

Posted

This is a bit off-topic, but I think that HOWL should be given an entire sub-forum of the forum games section, so we have a place to make Werewolf-related discussion threads.

Posted

Lol. Sahaqiel - Werewolf.

Just plain Werewolf.

I love it.

'Cause that's pretty much what it is.

Have you pressured Dustin into that shiny subforum?

Sahaqiel

Posted

I meant that as in I'm totally signing up to host a game, put my name on the list, please.

Posted

I haven't talked to Dustin about it. Of course, he's not on ever anyway, so.

For now, pinned threads.

Pheonix, any more detail than that?

Posted

I want to put a werewolf game together.

coincidentally, it takes place from Dustin's perspective.

also Dustin is on LSD.

but I can change the theme.

Posted

Thunderbirds are go.

Posted

I like the pun, lol.

Posted

I would like to sign up with Ninjatown Werewolf.

Posted

Yessir.

The game after that will be the Rank Game. PM me if you're interested in hosting the Rank Game - this thread is for normal GMing requests only. Details about the Rank Game, including GM and theme, will be revealed when we're closer to that game.

Posted

I would like to sign up Jungle Werewolf after the rank game.

Posted

Oh man, I still have to write my game.

Posted

Sign me up with Quantum Werewolf.

Prepare for mindpuppy.

Posted

Added both to the list. GMP, make sure this one's a little less crazy, okay?